Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Hopefully, this is not already old news already, but I watched a youtuber cover an Italian interview, and it seems that Pact of the Blade for Warlocks is being expanded to be Hexblade-lite. Furthermore, multiclassing may be broken as fuck. Linked below for anyone interested.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Tbh all this scandal about the bear scene happened because we are in 2023 and people cannot laugh anymore games had wicked shit long before bg3
Remember Vendetta?
I do kinda agree with this and someone else was making a similar point previously but I'd like to point out how marketing and game journos have greatly helped in framing this toxic mindset, it's too easy to blame it on gamers being political when it sure af ain't gamers who made this environment so politically charged to begin with.

For vendetta, the devs didn't showcase this doggo/homo dry humping to a room full of journos who cheered and clapped with tears in their eyes going "bravo maestro! bravo!".
Journos of that time didn't turn around and then go on about how problematic Blaze's outfit was in Streets of rage (have to use another game as an example here because pretty sure vendetta had no female characters i can use for my metaphor).

This is the difference. This ain't a haha joke but something proudly advertised to cheering journos who then write glowing articles about this.
It's the double standards, when it feels like wanting aesthetically pleasing characters is some moral crime and something shameful, then YES BEAR SEX!!! YESSS! THIS IS WHAT RPGS NEED! followed by articles praising a twink x bear ship.

As an aside, for the sake of historical accuracy, Vendetta did actually get censored in some countries including the us for the content you linked, homos and doggos both got removed or had animations altered, but that doesn't undermine your general argument, no shortage of spicy examples from older games you can use instead.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I think the biggest problem that people had with the gay bear sex scene was the gaming jurnoscum trying to pass this off as "tender" and normal. If this game came out in 2011 and Larian showed that scene you would have had gaming mags and sites saying things like the scene is "silly", "weird", "outrageous", "naughty", "kinky", "over the top", with the articles also being filled with bear pun jokes and at the end of the articles them saying; "Larian, you saucy boys and gals you."
Instead you see wording from the likes of Kotaku and Polygon saying the scene was "tender", 'beautiful", "sweet", "validating" as well as them trying to justify degenerate sexualities like bestiality and polyamory as something normal in articles about a CRPG video game. I always knew jounroscum were vile, I just didn't need to know what turned them on.
Yeah but on that i don't think larian was aware of the journo reaction. They most likely did that or added that for a laugh and lost control of it.
About gender pronoumns and stuff that is basically something imposed by wotc.
To be honest we are lucky to jave half elf and orcs playable since wotc stated that half blood races are a racist concept.

Takamori

Learned
I think the biggest problem that people had with the gay bear sex scene was the gaming jurnoscum trying to pass this off as "tender" and normal. If this game came out in 2011 and Larian showed that scene you would have gaming mags and sites saying things like the scene is "silly", "weird", "outrageous", "naughty", "kinky", "over the top", with the articles also being filled with bear pun jokes and at the end of the articles them saying; "Larian, you saucy boys and gals you."
Instead you see wording from the likes of Kotaku and Polygon saying the scene was "tender", 'beautiful", "sweet", "validating" as well as them trying to justify degenerate sexualities like bestiality and polyamory as something normal in articles about a CRPG video game. I always knew jounroscum were vile, I just didn't need to know what turned them on.

The real answer is because the journos didn't want to offend anybody.

Video game journos are what happens when you scrape the bottom for anybody willing to work for peanuts.
They are freelancer PR Marketing, they just wear the disguise of "journalism". See Kotaku (lmao), Nintendo decided to blacklist them and now every opportunity is a hitpiece how Mario is racist or that weirdo wanting to drop another nuke in Japan

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Most modern day journos are incompetent narcissists. Want to know what happened to those most of those spoiled brats raised by helicopter parents? Arts and journalism.

Don't give these people a moment of your time to get upset over. If Arcanum was released today it would be roasted because female characters can suck a Gnome off to advance a quest, the entire half-ogre isle or how you can fuck a sheep.

Tbh all this scandal about the bear scene happened because we are in 2023 and people cannot laugh anymore games had wicked shit long before bg3
Remember Vendetta?
I do kinda agree with this and someone else was making a similar point previously but I'd like to point out how marketing and game journos have greatly helped in framing this toxic mindset, it's too easy to blame it on gamers being political when it sure af ain't gamers who made this environment so politically charged to begin with.

For vendetta, the devs didn't showcase this doggo/homo dry humping to a room full of journos who cheered and clapped with tears in their eyes going "bravo maestro! bravo!".
Journos of that time didn't turn around and then go on about how problematic Blaze's outfit was in Streets of rage (have to use another game as an example here because pretty sure vendetta had no female characters i can use for my metaphor).

This is the difference. This ain't a haha joke or something spicy hidden for gamers to discover on their own if they really look for it but something proudly advertised to cheering journos who then write glowing articles about this.
It's the double standards, when it feels like wanting aesthetically pleasing characters is some moral crime and something shameful, then YES BEAR SEX!!! YESSS! THIS IS WHAT RPGS NEED! followed by articles praising a twink x bear ship.

As an aside, for the sake of historical accuracy, Vendetta did actually get censored in some countries including the us for the content you linked, homos and doggos both got removed or had animations altered, but that doesn't undermine your general argument, no shortage of spicy examples from older games you can use instead.
Complaints back then existed, and were very vocal. However, there was another key difference: videogames were trash, and people playing them were trash. It's the elevating of fantasy, sci fi and videogames as "Culture" with a capital C instead of trash that's lead us to the current issue. In the 90s every videogame and anime was sexist and ultraviolent, but people making it took some pride on it, the kinda pride you get when you do "genre" things. I'ts like the scene in Ed Wood where one dude says "I don't do motion pictures, I make trash". That's the sort of thing you did. And because it pissed off conservatives, it was fun, under the confrontational spirit of the 80s and 90s. But now, nerd culture is mainstream, and everything is "friendly". It didn't appear out of thin air, though. Spiderman became an icon of american youth because he was "literally me". It makes sense that as a social reject you want to feel included, but the current nerd landscape is fucking care bears everywhere you look (no pun intended).

As a footnote, Gundam's creators are open about the fact that the people who have kept the franchise alive are the girls making gay fanfiction about the male characters, not the greasy nerds buying the toys. They know that, and they make every new series with that in mind, wanting to give them what they want too.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the biggest problem that people had with the gay bear sex scene was the gaming jurnoscum trying to pass this off as "tender" and normal. If this game came out in 2011 and Larian showed that scene you would have had gaming mags and sites saying things like the scene is "silly", "weird", "outrageous", "naughty", "kinky", "over the top", with the articles also being filled with bear pun jokes and at the end of the articles them saying; "Larian, you saucy boys and gals you."
Exactly. You see it's a gag. The game is made for adults. But because of the way the media reacts to it, and the way the propaganda routine settles in the news cycle, as a normal person you viscerally reject it. Categorize it as bestiality. Find yourself repulsed. Call out that Larian is degenerate.

But 20 years ago, when the propaganda machine wasn't there, a man alone in a hotel with a sheep in his room was funny.

Why?

Because back then the propaganda machine didn't work. Because society didn't glorify degeneracy, sin and weakness.

So in the end, what will end up happening is that we're going to start hiding our hobby, once again. This time, not because our peers make fun of us and ridicule us for it, but because we just don't want to be associated with this degeneracy/ these degenerates.

:negative:

Takamori

Learned
Remember Vendetta?

This is the difference. This ain't a haha joke but something proudly advertised to cheering journos who then write glowing articles about this.

This shit in video games at least you can pinpoint exactly when it started. Anita Sarkesian, greatest scammer of all time started with the speech that all video games are sexists yadda yadda that we all know radfemlib retardation same time when Occupy Wall Street was running and got sunk by the same group of fucktards.
Games media experimented the taste of outrage clicking and the rest we all know what happened. Meanwhile Anita collected money from all the cuck devs and companies that took that shit seriously.

Edit: Not saying we didnt have any of censorship but it was just some article like Australia censored GTA or some shit like that and everyone reaction would be welp sucks to be australian and go back playing whatever they were engaged with.

Last edited:
Remember Vendetta?

This shit in video games at least you can pinpoint exactly when it started. Anita Sarkesian, greatest scammer of all time started with the speech that all video games are sexists yadda yadda that we all know radfemlib retardation same time when Occupy Wall Street was running and got sunk by the same group of fucktards.
Games media experimented the taste of outrage clicking and the rest we all know what happened. Meanwhile Anita collected money from all the cuck devs and companies that took that shit seriously.
She wasn't the first to lift those accusations, but she was a) a woman b) "ethnical" c) from "academia" instead of a boring white dude so of course people were willing to listen to her. However she lost respect and support when two things happened: even her own supporters realized she was heavily nitpicking and using clips and scenes in very bad faith and also she scammed a lot of people with undelivered promises from a kickstarter she did. The "videogames are sexist and non inclusive" isn't of her creation, as I said, it has been going on since long before, but more heavily handed since Mass Effect 3. Nobody takes her seriously anymore, I mean, even Joe Roggan called that brit guy out on his borderline obsession with her, and when JR thinks you're stupid, you're actually, undeniably fucking stupid.

The gestures you see are part of corporate american culture. If you go to social media, you'll see that muslims keep calling them off on that, calling them "culturally insensitive" and "disrespectful", so there's a faction for you to join if you share their opinion.

Takamori

Learned
Oh yes now she irrelevant as ever but other events kept fueling this narrative so I see her and the happenings at the time as the start of the rise of so called Pink Money Capitalism.This sum ups with the whole policy of we want the wider audience possible so you have to neuter your material at max to avoid offending anyone.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Remember Vendetta?
Side scroller fighting game?
In a level you could get humped by homos.
In another you could get humped by dogs.
Of courae at the time there was not this need to make everything political so people just laughted at it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vendetta_(1991_video_game)#Censorship

Censorship​

Vendetta was censored in some countries when released outside of the Asian market (particularly in the United States, while the uncensored version was released in some countries, like Argentina), as to remove an enemy character who dresses in leather (in a S & M style) and fights by grabbing hold of the playable character and then proceeding to dry hump and lick him.[3] This character also continues to do the same if the protagonist is down.[4] A second type of dog enemy was also removed from the game for trying to do something similar to the character.
:hmmm:

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Of courae at the time there was not this need to make everything political so people just laughted at it.

You are a furry though. Of course you defend this. You looks forward to it. All one must do is visit the FFXIV thread to see.

All furries are zoophiliacs.

One things people aren't mentioning, out of convenience, is the graphics of today vs years ago. Yeah sure, some pixelated garbage humped a dude and a dog in japan. Thats not the same as this grotesque display. There would have been outrage back then too if this travesty was possible. Hide behind "it's 2023 everything is political". No, it's not. It's 2023 and zoophiliacs want a Z added to the LGBTQ++. And Larian is spearheading the way and their fans are rejoicing on most every gaming website, on reddit, on twitter, on resetera, and right here on the codex.

Remember Vendetta?

Censorship​

Vendetta was censored in some countries when released outside of the Asian market (particularly in the United States, while the uncensored version was released in some countries, like Argentina), as to remove an enemy character who dresses in leather (in a S & M style) and fights by grabbing hold of the playable character and then proceeding to dry hump and lick him.[3] This character also continues to do the same if the protagonist is down.[4] A second type of dog enemy was also removed from the game for trying to do something similar to the character.

I remember the Final Fight devs saying that feminist groups were going to sue Capcom if they kept Poison as a woman, because the main gameplay element was beating up people and by hitting Poison you were encouraging violence against women. However, the game was done and the marketing products were, too. The solution was making Poison a "newhalf" (trans) for the American market. So, only in America, Poison has a dick.

street-fighter-poison.gif

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

You are a furry though. Of course you defend this. You looks forward to it. All one must do is visit the FFXIV thread to see.

All furries are zoophiliacs.

One things people aren't mentioning, out of convenience, is the graphics of today vs years ago. Yeah sure, some pixelated garbage humped a dude and a dog in japan. Thats not the same as this grotesque display. There would have been outrage back then too if this travesty was possible. Hide behind "it's 2023 everything is political". No, it's not. It's 2023 and zoophiliacs want a Z added to the LGBTQ++. And Larian is spearheading the way and their fans are rejoicing on most every gaming website, on reddit, on twitter, on resetera, and right here on the codex.
I am not. Porky calls me that just for memeing. I play a Viera in ff14 but thats far from being a furry "That is mostly a phenomenon in america".

Larian had a license to make the game but they dont actually own it. Wotc owns everything and they are extremely aggressive to force woke stuff on things. If anything when that journo made the question and the writer answered with "Have fun" should had showed you the disconnection they had with certain lines of thinking. They spent years developing the gane wotc is slimy enough to null a license if certain things are not meet. Would you expect larian to null the game because wizard imposed some things? Would be an huge loss for them. Take a look at all the scandals wotc had recently that should tell you a lot about the situation Larian is.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
She wasn't the first to lift those accusations, but she was a) a woman b) "ethnical" c) from "academia" instead of a boring white dude so of course people were willing to listen to her. However she lost respect and support when two things happened: even her own supporters realized she was heavily nitpicking and using clips and scenes in very bad faith and also she scammed a lot of people with undelivered promises from a kickstarter she did. The "videogames are sexist and non inclusive" isn't of her creation, as I said, it has been going on since long before, but more heavily handed since Mass Effect 3. Nobody takes her seriously anymore, I mean, even Joe Roggan called that brit guy out on his borderline obsession with her, and when JR thinks you're stupid, you're actually, undeniably fucking stupid.

The gestures you see are part of corporate american culture. If you go to social media, you'll see that muslims keep calling them off on that, calling them "culturally insensitive" and "disrespectful", so there's a faction for you to join if you share their opinion.
Oh she still has some clout and is being hired as a 'gender consultant' for various AAA studio's. She was, for example, hired for that position by Naughty Dog for "The Last of Us 2".

Edit: Plenty of video game conferences that will pay to have her on too.

Takamori

Learned

Oh she still has some clout and is being hired as a 'gender consultant' for various AAA studio's. She was, for example, hired for that position by Naughty Dog for "The Last of Us 2".

Edit: Plenty of video game conferences that will pay to have her on too.
So the scam continues :negative:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Larian is spearheading the way and their fans are rejoicing on most every gaming website, on reddit, on twitter, on resetera, and right here on the codex.
Personally, this is the reason why I don't visit many websites. It's because it'll just be other people trying to tell me what to think. Or try to influence my thoughts.

See... to me, that's a gag.

If you really want to anchor what they're depicting there in reality, then the whole sexual scene is repulsive. But we're not even getting to that, because it's not politically correct to find explicit homosexual scenes disgusting anymore.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Remember Vendetta?

Censorship​

Yep we had the uncensored version at the bar

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

People are making such a fus over a larian joke. I played the early access and again was good.
-Quests are multiple way to get solved
-Quests can fail
-Rolls check on your actual abilities.
-Fantastic fun on turn based combat with even pen and paper abilities usually don't get translated in to videogames.
-Solid stealth system
-Solid way to solve problems or making your stealthy characters to move around.
-Challengin encounters.
-You can fail such checks sometimes they create interesting situation sometimes total screw up.
-Lot of exploring to do is not just scenery you can find secret passages that often can lead you to some mini dungeons.

And people bitch about an obvious joke with a party member that was meant as a joke in the first place.
Excuse me but dost thou actually believe the stealth system in BG 3 is good? It's my main issue with the game, tbh.

Enemies can only spot you in their cone of vision and have no sound awareness. Every charachter can get behind foes even in Plate armor and being proficient in stealth is only worth in the rare cases in which, in the dark, you can't avoid their "red triangles".
Solasta implemented "circles of noises" around PGs scaling with Stealth score and armor weight and that is a pretty good system.
In BG 3 it looks like you can virtually always get a Surprise Round in any encounter with any class, which is giga-cringe.
They have sound awareness sometime even if you are back of an ennemy you do a stealth check. However that depends also at the distance you are from them.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
“Tbh all this scandal about the bear scene happened because we are in 2023 and people cannot laugh anymore games had wicked shit long before bg3
Remember Vendetta?
Of courae at the time there was not this need to make everything political so people just laughted at it.”
837f8cf1fe7ef5a54a690a1e8c5b797a.png

“Most of these people would've joined burning D&D on the stake for demon worshiping if it were the 80's still.”
664.jpg

‘Just laugh, bro’, ‘why make it political, bro’, ‘why do you hate fun, bro’, ‘why do you hate love, bro’.
Fuck off.

Every character being a homosexual animal-rapist freak is just as disgusting now as it would have been in 2000, and it will be exactly as disgusting in 2030. That’s not political, it’s natural.

Last edited:

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Every character being a homosexual animal-rapist freak is just as disgusting as it would have been in 2000, and it will be exactly as disgusting in 2030. That’s not political, it’s natural.
This has nothing to do with it being disgusting or not, but how you're only willing to make it eclipse everything else about the game. And most of you are damned hypocrites that imagine themselves standing on some sort of moral high-ground while willfully neglecting or cherry picking from "the good old times".

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
This has nothing to do with it being disgusting or not, but how you're only willing to make it eclipse everything else about the game. And most of you are damned hypocrites that imagine themselves standing on some sort of moral high-ground while willfully neglecting or cherry picking from "the good old times".

I can’t enjoy driving a car when someone took a shit in the air vents and there are two guys making out in the passenger seat, can I? I suppose you can.

I just told you, I find this exactly as disgusting now as I did in 2000, or will in 2030. And you can’t tell me it was normal in 2000 and I must just be going senile, I was there.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
I can’t enjoy driving a car when someone took a shit in the air vents and there are two guys making out in the passenger seat, can I? I suppose you can.
Why should I when I'll not pick the option for him to shit in my car in the first place, or even bother with him at all?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom