Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It's the same fucking design.

you Larian fanboys just can't accept any form of criticism for this game, it's pathetic.
I've been criticizing the game for the past several pages, and in other threads.

I just don't see how what you're saying is true. And really, neither do you if you can't tell me which objects have been 'reused'.

Kiste

Augur
Maybe we should start a list of which elements are haram to Codexers.

1. Fags
2. Trannies
3. Negroes
4. Sluts
5. Furries
6. Non-trad women
8. Ugly/fat chicks
9. Bears

Did I miss anything?

Drakortha

Liturgist
Copy paste level designs for cities.

I bet you clowns can't wait to explore the city of Baldur's Gate when the layouts are copy pasted from DOS2.
God forbid studios re-use assets between titles, to save money. Saving money is bad.
Here we go again with this reddit BULLSHIT.

Stop fucking sympathizing with game developers you damned simpleton. Those cunts should be on the grind and crunching 12+ hour work days for months on end, crack the fucking whip. I don't care, I'm tired of getting the same shit games. Aren't you tired of recycled games with zero innovation? Do you have no expectations or standards? At all? You are all so enamored by these gay cutscenes when Dragon Age already did this shit 15 years ago. You people are brainless. Stop consuming these lazy shit games!

BG3 doesn't even have Day / Night cycles precisely because DOS2 didn't have them. Because Larian can't or won't INNOVATE because you don't care. And that's why you're the problem. You will consume the same product over and over again because you don't give a shit. "devs gotta save money, man!"

Last edited:

Saravan

Savant
It's the same fucking design.

you Larian fanboys just can't accept any form of criticism for this game, it's pathetic.
I've been criticizing the game for the past several pages, and in other threads.

I just don't see how what you're saying is true. And really, neither do you if you can't tell me which objects have been 'reused'.
When you chimp out on bear fucking all you end up seeing are re-used bear (ass)ets.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Maybe we should start a list of which elements are haram to Codexers.

1. Fags
2. Trannies
3. Negroes
4. Sluts
5. Furries
6. Non-trad women
8. Ugly/fat chicks
9. Bears

Did I miss anything?
Trad women exist only in 60's advertisement you are being lied!

Don't have a dog in this bear fuck race but the amount of 'normal' people handwaving away bestiality and any sense of integrity because the alternative is being bored for a week is kinda funny. I wonder if they would do the same if the scene involved an incubus or succubus transforming in to a kid. HILARIOUS am I right?
A demon would probably think that is funny, though.
DC_01_-010.png

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Trad women exist only in 60's advertisement you are being lied!
In America they like to tell us that skinny women are all photoshop too.

Travel a bit and you'll see that both statements are lies. :M
That's not a discussion for this thread however. I am looking forward to the game. I honestly like a lot the early access i believe the game plays and feel different than DOS and 2. Concerning writing i do believe the writing is good. EA had tho a bit of let down. One was Wyll that in fact was rewritten from the scratch. Another was the grove situation that was very confused and chaotic in writing. But that was corrected on the second half of the early access.

I don't understand why people say ugly fat chicks. All the females npc i saw were likeable and some were even beautiful.

Drakortha

Liturgist
You go to pick something that is unlikely a game that has a cartoonish game compared with a game that is done with a different more realistic style and you say they look the same.
Don't you know anything about shaders and post processing? I thought you people knew all about this crap already with all those Skyrim injector packs. There are packs that make Skyrim either look like a complete cartoon or like a dark dreary medieval world like dark souls, and without even needing to change a single texture.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

You go to pick something that is unlikely a game that has a cartoonish game compared with a game that is done with a different more realistic style and you say they look the same.
Don't you know anything about shaders and post processing? I thought you people knew all about this crap already with all those Skyrim injector packs. There are packs that make Skyrim either look like a complete cartoon or like a dark dreary medieval world like dark souls, and without even needing to change a single texture.
Yes and you?... About Diffuse and specular maps? Because clearly the texture there are vastly different and it shows. One is meant to be cartoonish the other is not. That reflects in everything even texture. And that's not a thing you can change with shaders alone.

And yes if you wonder. I worked with 3d graphic.

Kiste

Augur

BG3 doesn't even have Day / Night cycles precisely because DOS2 didn't have them. Because Larian can't or won't INNOVATE because you don't care. And that's why you're the problem. You will consume the same product over and over again because you don't give a shit. "devs gotta save money, man!"

Ah, yes. They should have totally "innovated" the day/night cycle.

Also, every new game from the same studio has to totally start from scratch, rebuild it's technical base again from nothing and reinvent the wheel. Otherwise, it won't be worth your money.

Got it.

Thank god you weren't around during the heyday of SSI's Gold Box AD&D games. Your head would have exploded. Also, Fallout 2 apparently does not deserve to exist.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
> The Baldur’s Gate 3 bear scene has immediately become one of the best examples of why I choose to spend my life writing about videogames. It’s romantic, it’s imaginative, it’s funny – following its reveal at the Larian Panel from Hell showcase, frankly, the Baldur’s Gate 3 release date cannot get here soon enough.

I refuse to believe someone wrote this as a serious comment.

Drakortha

Liturgist

Ah, yes. They should have totally innovated the day/night cycle.

Also, every new game from the same studio has to totally start from scratch, rebuild it's technical base again from nothing and reinvent the wheel. Otherwise, it won't be worth your money.

Got it.

Thank god you weren't around during the heyday of SSI's AD&D games. Your head would have exploded.
Bethesda literally innovated more between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 than Larian did for DOS and Baldur's Gate. Let that sink in.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

> The Baldur’s Gate 3 bear scene has immediately become one of the best examples of why I choose to spend my life writing about videogames. It’s romantic, it’s imaginative, it’s funny – following its reveal at the Larian Panel from Hell showcase, frankly, the Baldur’s Gate 3 release date cannot get here soon enough.

I refuse to believe someone wrote this as a serious comment.

Saravan

Savant

Ah, yes. They should have totally innovated the day/night cycle.

Got it.

Thank god you weren't around during the heyday of SSI's AD&D games. Your head would have exploded.
Bethesda literally innovated more between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 than Larian did for DOS and Baldur's Gate. Let that sink in.
Ok now we are just trolling.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Just listen to yourselves.

Graphics and general feeling of the gameplay being the same as DOS. Doesn't feel like BG at all. Just feels like DOS3 - this is fine.

No Day & Night Cycles - this is fine

Objectively terrible cutscenes and writing - this is fine

Larian trying to use controversy to market their trash game - this is fine

Larian dug up the BG IP to make easy money on a beloved name to bring fake prestige to what otherwise should be titled something like "Furry Assfuck Kingdom", which is a far more accurate title. - this is fine

No wonder you all think this will be GOTY. You don't give a shit about anything. Can't argue with Larian fanboys because to them, bad is good and up is down, and the sky is not blue.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Let's all be real here. The bear is an excuse people are still mad is not real time with pause.
Nah, we got over that once we have seen how terrible both PoE and Pathfinder works in RTwP. TB is only way forward for rule systems where every class is a "wizard" and you need to pause all the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom