Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Just listen to yourselves.

Graphics and general feeling of the gameplay being the same as DOS. Doesn't feel like BG at all. Just feels like DOS3 - this is fine.

No Day & Night Cycles - this is fine

Objectively terrible cutscenes - this is fine

Larian trying to use controversy to market their trash game - this is fine

Larian dug up the BG IP to make easy money on a beloved name to bring fake prestige to what otherwise should be titled something like "Furry Assfuck Kingdom", which is a far more accurate title. - this is fine

No wonder you all think this will be GOTY. You don't give a shit about anything. Can't argue with Larian fanboys because to them, bad is good and up is down, and the sky is not blue.
Graphics and general feeling of the gameplay being the same as DOS. Doesn't feel like BG at all. Just feels like DOS3
Completely false this just tells me that you have not played the early access the game has a total different feel expecially if we are talking about combat could not be otherwise because DOS has its own ruleset that is vastly different.

No Day & Night Cycles
Fair criticism

Objectively terrible cutscenes
The cutscenes lacked some polish in EA but what is shocased at the last panel of hell was anything but terrible.

Larian trying to use controversy to market their trash game
Mere Speculation on the base of nothing.

Larian dug up the BG IP to make easy money on a beloved name to bring fake prestige to what otherwise should be titled something like "Furry Assfuck Kingdom", which is a far more accurate title
What?

Varnaan

Augur
Pathfinder
WotR doesn't work in RTwP at least on higher difficulties because the encounters are bloated as fuck and you can get your entire party instagibbed with bad positioning when you get 3 tsunamis coming at you in a hallway.
Fucking ass threshold shit.
Retarded encounter design dicks.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Pathfinder
WotR doesn't work in RTwP at least on higher difficulties because the encounters are bloated as fuck and you can get your entire party instagibbed with bad positioning when you get 3 tsunamis coming at you in a hallway.
That's another difference. I played wrath of the righteous. And has very terrbile encounter design. Bg3 has a pretty good one. Designed eye to eye like a pnp DM would do wich i dig a lot.

Yosharian

Arcane
Pathfinder
That's another difference. I played wrath of the righteous. And has very terrbile encounter design. Bg3 has a pretty good one. Designed eye to eye like a pnp DM would do wich i dig a lot.
IMO Wrath's biggest issue is encounter spam, not encounter design

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
RTwP is specifically pushed because "you can speed through trash fights, bro". Such trivial fights are still slow in turn based. Spam fights are the ONE scenario where RTwP is preferable.
So if even with that system you thought the fights were too much, then they must reeeeeally be too much.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
God forbid studios re-use assets between titles, to save money. Saving money is bad.
Again, someone please list all the reused assets and show screenshots.
There are none that I can see. But even on that premise, it's still a sensible idea to reuse assets. I don't give a flying fuck, as long as the game is good, you can reuse the same shit until my eyes bleed.

The real problem is that the good RPGs are few and far between these days. But having that conversation with Drakwhatever, is like assuming an aussie knows anything but swim.

Drakortha

Liturgist
I can only imagine how many memes this game is going to create after its release. All the "fun" Dragon Age 3 provided with its shit is going to be nothing.
This game will be dead on launch. Almost nobody knew about this games existence 1 week ago and if they did, were not interested enough to follow it. You must not know mainstream zoomers very well. They've probably already forgotten and moved onto the next controversial thing.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I can only imagine how many memes this game is going to create after its release. All the "fun" Dragon Age 3 provided with its shit is going to be nothing.
This game will be dead on launch. Almost nobody knew about this games existence 1 week ago and if they did, were not interested enough to follow it. You must not know mainstream zoomers very well. They've probably already forgotten and moved onto the next controversial thing.
You retard, it already outsold Pathfinder and Pillars before even being officially released :lol:
All these grumpy cynics excuse themselves by just being real bro just keeping it real just being realistic, and then post inane doom&gloom that is objectively and observably false.

Yosharian

Arcane
RTwP is specifically pushed because "you can speed through trash fights, bro". Such trivial fights are still slow in turn based. Spam fights are the ONE scenario where RTwP is preferable.
So if even with that system you thought the fights were too much, then they must reeeeeally be too much.
Oh I play nearly all the time in turn-based.

I think the Desolating Gallu Stormcaller encounters that are being maligned here aren't that bad at all, the issue, and this happens in every fucking Owlcat game, is that the devs just copy pasted this encounter repeatedly and called it a dungeon

Drakortha

Liturgist
You retard, it already outsold Pathfinder and Pillars before even being officially released :lol:
All these grumpy cynics excuse themselves by just being real bro just keeping it real just being realistic, and then post inane doom&gloom that is objectively and observably false.
Pillars and Pathfinder? That's a low bar. I personally don't know anyone who played those games.

And in-case you didn't notice, BG3 was released like 2 years ago. Yep.

More people will be playing Starfield in September. People know Bethesda for their open world RPGs. Who the fuck is Larian? Known for some bearfucking memes on Reddit? What a legendary studio. What a legacy.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think the biggest problem that people had with the gay bear sex scene was the gaming jurnoscum trying to pass this off as "tender" and normal. If this game came out in 2011 and Larian showed that scene you would have had gaming mags and sites saying things like the scene is "silly", "weird", "outrageous", "naughty", "kinky", "over the top", with the articles also being filled with bear pun jokes and at the end of the articles them saying; "Larian, you saucy boys and gals you."
Instead you see wording from the likes of Kotaku and Polygon saying the scene was "tender", 'beautiful", "sweet", "validating" as well as them trying to justify degenerate sexualities like bestiality and polyamory as something normal in articles about a CRPG video game. I always knew jounroscum were vile, I just didn't need to know what turned them on.

Bingo. In the past you might have had something like that, and it would cause a miniature scandal, but it would have been understood as "kinky" and "outrageous." You might get mad or you might chuckle, but you wouldn't be expected to swallow your gag reflex if you had one.

The difference in 2023 is that it's almost being pushed as normal and as a challenge to your bigotry, bigot.

Kiste

Augur

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Pillars and Pathfinder? That's a low bar. I personally don't know anyone who played those games.

More people will be playing Starfield in September. People know Bethesda for their open world RPGs. Who the fuck is Larian? Known for some bearfucking memes on Reddit? What a legendary studio. What a legacy.
I am sorry, but this post is just entirely butthurt. Go afk for half an hour, come back, and read what you wrote. Why are you like this?

Yosharian

Arcane
Also if I'm being brutally honest it warms my heart to see people complaining about those Gallus, but on the other hand it gets old fast when you get that same encounter fucking five times in the same dungeon with no change at all

Drakortha

Liturgist

The game sold more than 1 million full pice copies pretty much the beginning of Early Access und SteamSpy estimates current sales at 2-5 million.

Yeah, totally DoA.

Fucking retard.
So the game sold 1 million 2 fucking years ago, and a few million more since then. So that automatically means the game will, what, exactly? Sell another million in September? You're the fucking retard if you believe that. We'll see in September, won't we? The meme gravy train will be long fucking dead by then.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

BG3 is already a massive success just for making retards like this so mad, holy shit lol

jf8350143

Liturgist

Baldur’s Gate 3 leaps up Steam charts after bear sex reveal​

https://www.pcgamesn.com/baldurs-gate-3/bear
The Baldur’s Gate 3 bear scene has immediately become one of the best examples of why I choose to spend my life writing about videogames. It’s romantic, it’s imaginative, it’s funny – following its reveal at the Larian Panel from Hell showcase, frankly, the Baldur’s Gate 3 release date cannot get here soon enough.
:prosper:
It's such a retard article.

They just had one last panel right before the game's release, of course the sales gonna leap up.

ArchAngel

Arcane

The game sold more than 1 million full pice copies pretty much the beginning of Early Access und SteamSpy estimates current sales at 2-5 million.

Yeah, totally DoA.

Fucking retard.
So the game sold 1 million 2 fucking years ago, and a few million more since then. So that automatically means the game will, what, exactly? Sell another million in September? You're the fucking retard if you believe that. We'll see in September, won't we? The meme gravy train will be long fucking dead by then.
We will see very soon. It is releasing 2nd of August.

zapotec

Liturgist
Well he is right about that, baldur's gate 3 is a product for reddit soy people and codex users. The two sides of the same coin, the ying and yang

Kiste

Augur
It doesn't need to be a success in September. It already IS a success. That's the point, you moron.

This isn't a fucking AAA title that needs to recoup 250 million developement costs and calling it a failure because it won't outsell fucking Starfield is pretty much the pinnacle of retardation. WHO CARES?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Talking about sales, here's an old post from my italian friend Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=730547

DOS2 sold more than BG2.

Sales won't be a problem for Larian. And Larian is still a (big) indie studio, Bethesda is cucked and under Microsoft's control. But comparing a niche genre like a crpg with a mainstream """rpg""" like Starfield is retarded, no sh*t that game will sell more.

Loving the tears of the haters though, please do continue

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom