Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Drakortha would me a fine RPGHQ member
Do their members spam buttons all day long like a bunch of fucking children?

Do they make excuses for and defend shit developers and shit games?

Do they think developer crunch is bad, and its okay for devs to do whatever, if it makes more money?

Do they regurgitate memes straight from reddit and think it's funny?

Do they host particular threads that are safe spaces for queers and pedo's?

If none of the above, sign me up.
Look, I am sorry the bear touched your wee wee when you were young, but could you kindly sign yourself up there and fuck off from here? We want to discuss female companions pegging the PC in peace, like adults.

I have no interest in BG3 either. I lost any interest I had in the game three years ago after the initial presentation... but shitposting about BG3 is quite fun and entertaining. :cool:

On that note, thank you for the bear zoophilia, Swen. :-D

xOIpkZX.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Larian are shrewd bastards. Show bear scene, make both fans and haters go crazy. Attention and discussion reaches an all time high.

So, what is everyone rolling for class?

What did everyone think of the gameplay they showed at the end of PFH?

No one cares? Okay.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Larian are shrewd bastards. Show bear scene, make both fans and haters go crazy. Attention and discussion reaches an all time high.
I would still say that it's a terrible look, but I do have to admit that it did its job in gaining publicity.

Gradenmayer

Learned

What did everyone think of the gameplay they showed at the end of PFH?

No one cares? Okay.
Most people decided on their classes way back in early access. Monk’s projectile reflect looks fun, but they didn’t show anything except 3 skills for them, because they died like dipshits after 2 turns 2 separate times. Not much to talk about.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Im waiting for more info before figuring out builds more (I found some interesting combos reading 5e wiki classes but Larian probably takes some liberties from those)

but if Larian's multiclass spell progession fuckness is as bad as italian interview made it sound then fuck balance 3-4 chars with single class dips that can cast all spell schools 6th level spells takes all joy out of figuring out builds (if that class has full spell progression, can still dip 2 levels to paladin or something to get 6th level spells)

Kiste

Augur

I wish Mindflayers were a playable race, they'd be a natural fit for me, but since they're not an option I'll play a male Drow Sorc and will surround myself with a waifu harem consisting of Shadowheart, Karlach und Lae'zel.

I will not fuck the bear but I might have a word with the squirrel. It seems to be quite adept at handling nuts.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

As someone who works with generating buzz in the press and on social media for a "product", I can tell you that things like these are almost always accidental and much less planned than they might appear. Chances are they went "this'd be lulz" at a meeting and then it blew up.

It's one times out of a million you hit something viral intentionally

Silverfish

Arbiter
They remind me of this girl I met at a party when I was in university. She said she was "liberal about everything, but conservative about sex" :lol: (tough luck, right?)

And you didn't propose on the spot? Not gonna make it.

Also, Fallout 2 apparently does not deserve to exist.

Let's hear him out.

Larian dug up the BG IP to make easy money on a beloved name to bring fake prestige to what otherwise should be titled something like "Furry Assfuck Kingdom", which is a far more accurate title.

Already taken by a Sonic the Hedgehog fansite.

I sincerely wish the worst for Larian at this point.

I don't, but I'm also no stranger to this level of pettiness and have nothing but respect for it. :salute:

I like variety on the first time out with a game, so probably wizard or sorcerer.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Maybe we should start a list of which elements are haram to Codexers.

1. Fags
2. Trannies
3. Negroes
4. Sluts
5. Furries
6. Non-trad women
8. Ugly/fat chicks
9. Bears

Did I miss anything?
RPGs
Other codexers.
"Bears and Codexers are natural enemies. Like RPGs and Codexers. Or Furries and Codexers. Or Gays and Codexers. Or codexers and codexers. Damn Codexers, they ruined the codex!"

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I'm a gish-kindda guy, so Hexblade would be the obvious choice. But since long resting seems free and they're not implementing Hexblade, I dunno, really. I might do a bard instead, they can be cool gishes in 5E and I never play them.

Gradenmayer

Learned

I'm a gish-kindda guy, so Hexblade would be the obvious choice. But since long resting seems free and they're not implementing Hexblade, I dunno, really. I might do a bard instead, they can be cool gishes in 5E and I never play them.
They said you will gain some Hexblade elements if you pick Pact of Blade on warlock, at the very least extra attack was confirmed.

Yosharian

Arcane
Paladin of course. Normally I would be a half-elf because of optimization, but apparently now every race is an amorphous blob of stats so god knows what I'm going to pick now

Don't really see the point of multiclassing, lots of nice toys from Paladin levels all the way to 12

All the subclasses are pretty good but I think Vengeance is the best probably

Last edited:

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Are there psions like in D&D3, or they are non-canon/not in 5.0 D&D?
Would love to play my Psion/monk Drow character from oldschool pnp days, altough playing Drow is probably going to be pointless as I won't be able to play seriously evil character.

Are priests of Bane still a thing?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is fighting barehanded still the monk's main gimmick in 5e? That makes the acquisition of phat loot less interesting, so it's a no from me. Probably some sort of wizardsorcerermage so I can play with surfaces again. I do like me some surfaces.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Is fighting barehanded still the monk's main gimmick in 5e? That makes the acquisition of phat loot less interesting, so it's a no from me. Probably some sort of wizardsorcerermage so I can play with surfaces again. I do like me some surfaces.
They can use weapons, though why would you? They confirmed monks of 4 elements will get significantly buffed over the PnP counterpart- more ki later on and some skills will be able to level up.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I was going to do Sorcerer with either Paladin or Warlock mixed in, depending on if I want to play a retarded, I mean evil character, but people say rests are essentially free and the level cap is 12, so...

...I'm going to do that anyway, cause fuck resting as a shitty hamstring mechanic for casters.

mastroego

Arcane
Is the dinner date dialog real?
In a medieval fantasy?

These people are insane.
I can only imagine how many memes this game is going to create after its release. All the "fun" Dragon Age 3 provided with its shit is going to be nothing.
But here is the most important question, does the bear scene mean you wont play BG3? Thats the most relevant outcome of this outrage
My old PC probably cannot run it well so I doubt I will pirate it. And I am not buying it for Xbox due to this degenerate shit they added. I was thinking about buying it for Xbox before this bear shit.

I might still try it on my PC with low FPS if after release it turns out game is really awesome and this degenerate shit is not really at every corner but only what was shown recently (but I doubt that).
Some of us had this game gifted to them after boasting about their new PC and feel therefore obliged to play it
There's a lesson here I suppose

BruceVC

Magister
Is the dinner date dialog real?
In a medieval fantasy?

These people are insane.
I can only imagine how many memes this game is going to create after its release. All the "fun" Dragon Age 3 provided with its shit is going to be nothing.
But here is the most important question, does the bear scene mean you wont play BG3? Thats the most relevant outcome of this outrage
My old PC probably cannot run it well so I doubt I will pirate it. And I am not buying it for Xbox due to this degenerate shit they added. I was thinking about buying it for Xbox before this bear shit.

I might still try it on my PC with low FPS if after release it turns out game is really awesome and this degenerate shit is not really at every corner but only what was shown recently (but I doubt that).
Some of us had this game gifted to them after boasting about their new PC and feel therefore obliged to play it
There's a lesson here I suppose
Just to be clear, you wouldn't play BG3 if it wasnt gifted to you? And I assume its not just because of the bear scene?

Gradenmayer

Learned
Are there psions like in D&D3, or they are non-canon/not in 5.0 D&D?
Would love to play my Psion/monk Drow character from oldschool pnp days, altough playing Drow is probably going to be pointless as I won't be able to play seriously evil character.

Are priests of Bane still a thing?
You can pick Bane as deity. It’s only for RP purpose tho, with some dialogues here and there. You could pick War Domain with Bane as Deity and combine it with Dark Urge origin to open up some fucked up evil choices.

On the other hand- Drow has not-so-evil subrace, if you want to be a goodie.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom