Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This "bear-fucker" line reminded me of South-Park's "uncle fucker" line from back in the day, I swear.

Someone should make a skit where they put the Larian video over Jungle Book's Bear Necessities. :lol:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
https://gagadget.com/en/games/27816...rs-gate-3-on-pc-will-not-be-able-to-play-the/

The master race cucked AGAIN! A neverending tale of neglect, abuse, and cuckoldry of the greatest types of gamers on earth lmao. Oh how I cry for thee.
Everyone will play the game 1 month ahead of the planned release date. Not some people 3 days early, all people 30 days early.

You pay $80 for the deluxe edition and you STILL have to play it at the same time as everybody else. That is equivalent to commiting war crimes. Larian has zero respect for their fans. I now understand why Ontopoly has a hate boner for them.

Not granting Deluxe/Ultimate/whatever customers early access is like paying a stripper $200 for a "special" lap dance and she doesn't so much as let you touch her butthole. That has happened to me irl and it was devastating. Deluxe edition owners should be furious.

Saravan

Savant
https://gagadget.com/en/games/27816...rs-gate-3-on-pc-will-not-be-able-to-play-the/

The master race cucked AGAIN! A neverending tale of neglect, abuse, and cuckoldry of the greatest types of gamers on earth lmao. Oh how I cry for thee.
Everyone will play the game 1 month ahead of the planned release date. Not some people 3 days early, all people 30 days early.

Not granting Deluxe/Ultimate/whatever customers early access is like paying a stripper $200 for a "special" lap dance and she doesn't so much as let you touch her butthole.
$200 was also the amount you spent dressing up your tranny in D4.

Heinrich

Scholar
btw Roguey when will you do your conclusion on bg3's commercial success/failure

a true codex autist will not trust anyone but you to carry out this essential task and pronounce your judgment
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=768581
There is no official disclosure on the amount of money that has been budgeted by Larian to develop and produce BG3.

Based on my understanding (and assumptions) from what i have seen previously with other games i think that BG3 would have a $100 mil + budget easily.

It is public knowledge that Larian have (they have confirmed this) over 300 staff working across 6 international studios.

Say if we only say 4 years of development 300 staff on say an average of $70,000 per year is $21,000,000 and times by four this is $84,000,000. Then you have other development costs plus after release care of the game will easily add up to 100 mil +.

At this point it's been six years, so it'd be closer to a $130 million production budget. Steamdb estimates sales are already 1-3 million so after Valve's cut they've recouped anywhere from 48-144 million already. As for marketing budget, who knows? It doesn't seem like they've spent 100 million on marketing.
Best selling western rpg is Skyrim with 30 million plus sales, it cost 85 million to make, 15 million to market.

It's interesting how many western RPGs have managed to push beyond 20 million sales. All of them very action and accessibility focused.

Borderlands 2 with 22 million.

Diablo 3 with 30 million

Witcher 3 with 30 million.

BG3 is an entirely different beast in terms of mass market appeal, but then again, it seems to have captured the zeitgeist, if briefly (before Starfield hits).

I think that if it manages 10 million sales, it will be beyond Larians wildest dreams.
You have raised an interesting question and thats " how many copies will BG3 sell " ?

I see D:OS2 sold 2 million from this link

https://videogamesstats.com/divinity-original-sin-2-facts/

So lets guess, considering the popularity of BG3 I will say between 9-10 million?
That's a number from 2018. The old rule of thumb is that you multiply number of steam reviews by about thirty to get to copies sold. That would give us 4.3 mil just on steam, without taking into acount other platforms. Obviously this is very inaccurate.

Why do you suggest that humans have no inherent nature and therefore can be molded any which way by social conditioning?

because stuff that was sick 20 years ago is now normal

and stuff that was normal 20 years ago is now taboo

it just takes a little time

Any attitudes or practices that could be so easily overwritten are by definition not a part of human's inherent nature and therefore not degenerate (though they might be other things, like evil).

Well I also have good new for you, despite all of the shoving obnoxious propaganda in people's faces over the years, the public's attitude towards the LGBT movement, even in the Democratic Party, have become more negative. You are just spending too much time on social media. Please go outside.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Why do you suggest that humans have no inherent nature and therefore can be molded any which way by social conditioning?

because stuff that was sick 20 years ago is now normal

and stuff that was normal 20 years ago is now taboo

it just takes a little time

Any attitudes or practices that could be so easily overwritten are by definition not a part of human's inherent nature and therefore not degenerate (though they might be other things, like evil).

Well I also have good new for you, despite all of the shoving obnoxious propaganda in people's faces over the years, the public's attitude towards the LGBT movement, even in the Democratic Party, have become more negative. You are just spending too much time on social media. Please go outside.

i dont have any social media and am incredibly outgoing

not degenerate lol

you are a fucking retard

MerchantKing

Learned

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Here is a collection of the people who just wouldn't let the subject go. They can't help themselves. They are so excited that their sexual preference (bestiality) is starting to gain acceptance. Gone are the days where you have to play some unity asset that features anthropomorphic characters done in a cartoon style. Now you get the actual four legged creatures done with artisitc care in a AAA game. Thanks Larian...

Max here wants to get the conversation going again.
Are Codexers still going on about the bear? I've gone through more than twenty pages of it already and I can't be bothered to read another twenty pages of wannabe Ted Haggards kvetching about their psychosexual hangups. Holy shit, you guys need a better outlet for your unresolved sexual tension. That's the kind of thing General Discussion is for, not the Baldur's Gate 3 thread.

Look how bad he wants to talk about having sex with animals.
We've already known Larian and WotC are woke and decline for years now, there doesn't need to be so much energy devoted to calling it out.

It's Bruce again. He wants to have a serious conversation about it.
Something occurred to me and I would like to ask you a genuine question and I would appreciate if you responded honestly

What is your main concern with the bear sex scene? I assume you dont believe it means that somehow this will influence gamers in RL to participate in Bestiality because Im sure we all agree with the argument that violence in video games doesn't cause violence in RL and that logical point translates to other components in games like Romance

So what is your concern with this type of sex scene?

Kiste wants more games that feature sex with animals.
I hope it will be so successful that no other game will dare to release without bear sex.

And just like that whydoibother would find himself a bethesda fan
The TESVI trailer will open with implied bear sex after Swen slamdunks on Todd this year.

reinhardt (who is funny at least) is in touch with the bestiality modding scene.
tes6 WILL have bear sex no matter if todd wants it or not. modders will deliver.

scytheavatar thinks nintendo is promoting sex with animals just to feel better about his own fetish
Nintendo figured that out many decades ago with Pokemon. So maybe they could have sold more copies if you can have gay sex with Pikachu?

whydoibother is at it again, this time letting the dex know just a little bit about his search history
A bear cums in like 3-4 minutes of hard pounding. A good game is forever.

Kiste, the dick avatar guy, is the most aggressive zoophiliac in this thread
A bear cums in like 3-4 minutes of hard pounding. A good game is forever.
I can confirm that.

PulsatingBrain is sad that promoting and attempting to normalize bestiality isn't looked at as a joke.
I saddens me that the druid-bear fucking would have been considered a silly goofy thing years ago, but has such a grotesque context given what we now know about certain "communities"

Heresy and perversion corrupts just by existing.

This guy can't wait to have a black dude in his party. He let Larian know numerous times his voice wasnt black enough. How diverse and inclusive! Pathetic.
Wyll not only has a new story, but also a new voice actor. I repeatedly complained that the old voice actor sucks at conveying any emotions, so it's good that he was replaced.

The conversation about bear fucking died down a bit but Konjad wasnt having any of it.
Bear romance?

Steezus lets us peer into his internal thought, about bear fucking
Watch out, if you play it more than 45 minutes, your brain chemistry gets uprooted and YOU WILL LOOK FOR BEARS TO FUCK!

whydoibother is making sure his contributions to the sex with animals discussion isn't overshadowed by anyone. whydoibother vs Kiste! Which degenerate will win? Lets find out.
This is a gay man, who fucks metaphorical bears in real life. Swen has sex with elves (female) in real life, and his game will be superior to this, for sure!

Kiste wins! He decided to post provocative bear photos which I will not show. This guy is an animal fucker no doubt about it.
Yes, I do understand what's going on here.

You're raging against your subconscious bearfucker self.Just accept what you are. Here, this is for you:

Here he is again, he just cant help himself.
Call me a bearfucker, I don't care, but if you imply that I am a weeb then that's crossing the line.

the mask wants someone to edit a video about bear fucking and south park sung to a disney tune.
This "bear-fucker" line reminded me of South-Park's "uncle fucker" line from back in the day, I swear.

Someone should make a skit where they put the Larian video over Jungle Book's Bear Necessitie

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
the mask wants someone to edit a video about bear fucking and south park sung to a disney tune.
Listen... everybody says that the left can't meme, okay? All I'm proving is that I can take a joke. I have a sense of humour, okay?

If you want to talk about Monks, which were also in the update, let's talk about Monks. I'm pretty sure people know by now I like the class, so I'm the first one in line to cater to that topic.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have just one question: How much dicerolls will the game utilize?

I remember an old picture where a die was on the screen after an attempt, but I can’t remember for sure nor do I know if such a festure still exists.

I tried the latest EA version for like 30 minutes but there are visual dice rolls for every skill check in conversations (which is why people are surprised about journos liking it, it's VERY in your face) and most other random elements (damage, etc) have the probabilities calculated as dice rolls too.

I remember an old picture where a die was on the screen after an attempt, but I can’t remember for sure nor do I know if such a festure still exists.
If EA is anything to go by, there will be a massive shitload of die rolls. For fucking everything.

From the EA, most dialogues have at least one skill or stat check. Most of the time, it does not matter except for flavor. You get different dialogue if you pass or fail the check. It's often integral to resolving quests one way or another way. It's not unlike the nu Fallouts in this way, but what makes it different from how New Vegas/FO4 did it is that it rolls a check every time. It tells you what the DC, your modifiers, and rolls it for you.

My criticism of it is a little similar to the issue of how this works in every other game with a system like this. Your "reward" is always just not having combat, and combat is the only part of the game that is actually a game. This is unlike how it works in tabletop in which your skills can open up novel resolutions to issues that combat cannot really impact. In games like this it's just "you listen to some audio files while animations play instead of getting to play the game if you 'succeed' the check." In almost every choice in which I could pick violence instead of the elaborate set of dialogue to avoid violence I chose the former.

Thank you! :salute:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Giving me the dierolls I want, the game is already 8/10.

Thank you Larian… so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom