Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I don't give a fuck about what you're saying.

BG3 is lazy millenial/zoomer pandering gutter trash.

BG2 was a classic. Stop being a cunt.
Very strong "defending a game i haven't played, so i get hardcore street cred among the nerds" vibes.
I grew up playing BG2. I first got that game when I was 11 years old, it was spread out on like 5 disks. One of the very first RPG's I ever played, along with Fallout 1&2 and Zelda on N64.

New Zelda is trash. New Fallout trash. Now Baldur's Gate is TRASH. How good is that?
zelda was always trash for trannies. now i can see why you are so twisted up inside. literally crawling in your skin, these wounds they will not heal :lol:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just want fun combat and exploration. For me, that was decent in DOS1, and less good in DOS2, but still passable enough for me to finish the game.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
These apologetic takes (t-t-they will make a t-ton of money) mean literally nothing. Say something about quality or gameplay

I don't think anyone's trying to sell you this game :lol:

Thats fine, I got this game as a gift. I will try it after 20 patches

What im talking about is using sales as an argument for quality. Thats retarded and I noticed only fanboys/shills like Infinitron and Roguey are doing it

For me good games are KotC II, Grimoire, Underrail. They didnt sell a lot, but they will always have a spot on my SSD because they are modern classics

Games like Skyrim, Twitcher or BG3 sold MILLIONS. But they are crap. You beat the game once and thats it. That is the difference between COMMERCIAL success and CULT success

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Say something about quality or gameplay
We've done so, read the thread before taking a big fat pajeet shit on the sidewalk.

What im talking about is using sales as an argument for quality. Thats retarded and I noticed only fanboys or shills like Infinitron and Roguey are doing it
This was done in response of your other account posting how it won't sell, it will be forgotten, it will fail.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I didn't want to interrupt while this guy is having a public meltdown, but here's an interview with Swen Vincke about the future of the studio:
https://www.eurogamer.net/larian-on...g-a-new-era-and-games-youve-never-heard-about

(I didn't read it yet so I can't give you a summary).
I hope they get shut down and lose everything. It's the fate Larian deserves.

back in the day Larian was a C-tier developer

I remember reading the old gaming mags with friends and laughing at stuff like Divine Divnity because there was SO MUCH BETTER stuff out there

now all the old talent is gone, and Larian is getting some exposure because there is no competition

thats really all there is
vatnik.png

Ryzer

Arcane
Divine divinity is not a bad game, also Divinity 2 ego draconis is kinda cool. This is hard bashing on good games.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Its an okay game. It kinda doesnt seem so bad when u see modern trash. But like i said it went largely unoticed back in the day because it was a golden era for RPGs

Drakortha

Liturgist
This was done in response of your other account posting how it won't sell, it will be forgotten, it will fail.
In 10 years nobody will give a damn about BG3. It will be remembered as Dragon Age was remembered. A faggy rendition of a classic era of RPG's that sold itself out for profits. Shitty cutscenes and dialogue and everything. Either these Larian fags have forgotten, or they actually liked that shit. Probably the later.

Can anyone here point out anything that BG3 does that Dragon Age didn't already do? Besides turn based combat. Take your time.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In 10 years nobody will give a damn about BG3. It will be remembered as Dragon Age was remembered. A faggy rendition of a classic era of RPG's that sold itself out for profits. Shitty cutscenes and dialogue and everything. Either these Larian fags have forgotten, or they actually liked that shit. Probably the later.

Can anyone here point out anything that BG3 does that Dragon Age didn't already do? Besides turn based combat. Take your time.
Bear romance?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Bear romance?

you had bull fucking in DAI, not joking

its really the spiritual successor to DAI, like I have said 3+ years ago

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the Origin concept which Larian invented with D:OS 2 and continued with here is very ambitious. Multiple simultaneous semi-fixed protagonists that can seamlessly function both as PCs and NPCs, implemented in a game that already supports all sorts of reactivity even as a blank slate character.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The big three are: Bethesda, CDPR and now Larian.

Bugthesda now that is owned by M$ will be ruined by it, M$ has the erotic hand, fucks everything that touches, from operational systems to spyke. CDPR will be ruined by ESG BS. So, Larian will grow up a lot in future, unless electronic farts buy it and ruins it too.Is not that Larian is great, is just that the concurrence died.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I think the Origin concept which Larian invented with D:OS 2 and continued with here is very ambitious and probably doesn't get enough respect. Multiple simultaneous semi-fixed protagonists that can seamlessly function both as PCs and NPCs, implemented in a game that already supports all sorts of reactivity even as a blank slate character.
Their coop implementation is also the best in a narrative driven game. Look at Neverwinter Nights 2, where NPCs don't even remember who spoke with them last time. Whoever is speaking is "The Protagonist".

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I just want fun combat and exploration

This is really the essence. Give me quality gameplay

But today you get minigames, system bloat if you are lucky. If you are not lucky, you get other people's sick sexual fantasies pushed on you

Watch out, if you play it more than 45 minutes, your brain chemistry gets uprooted and YOU WILL LOOK FOR BEARS TO FUCK!

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the Origin concept which Larian invented with D:OS 2 and continued with here is very ambitious and probably doesn't get enough respect. Multiple simultaneous semi-fixed protagonists that can seamlessly function both as PCs and NPCs, implemented in a game that already supports all sorts of reactivity even as a blank slate character.
Their coop implementation is also the best in a narrative driven game. Look at Neverwinter Nights 2, where NPCs don't even remember who spoke with them last time. Whoever is speaking is "The Protagonist".
Co-op was their motivation for doing it. An unlikely example of design for multiplayer actually improving the single player experience. Not many people will actually play like Swen and take an NPC into the wilderness on their own to do stuff as if they were the main PC, but it's cool that you can do it!

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Co-op was their motivation for doing it. An unlikely example of design for multiplayer actually improving the single player experience. Not many people will actually play like Swen and take an NPC into the wilderness on their own to do stuff as if they were the main PC, but it's cool that you can do it!
Depends on quest design. You could design a quest so that only one character has to go somewhere to do something. It will work with the player selecting that background, or if that's a companion you hire and you are doing their sidequest. Or at some point of their quest they get kidnapped or arrested or something, force the party apart to show players how it functions.
In a DOS game, I did have to break my coop friend's characters out of jail, because of some failed thievery iirc.

Dodo1610

Arcane

-using magic in dialogue (talking to the dead/mind reading)
-non-linear maps (climbing, jumping, flying)
-physics (stacking boxes, burning doors, elemental system, throwing enemies from cliffs)
-more skill checks (18 skills while DAO only had stealing, perception, crafting, traps and persuasion)
-endlessly more reactive (DAO Ncps only react to your Origin in BG3 they react to your (god, class, race, or animal companion)

Last edited:

Steezus

Savant
Patron

-using magic in dialogue (talking to the dead/mind reading)
-non-linear maps (climbing, jumping, flying)
-physics (stacking boxes, burning doors, elemental system, throwing enemies from cliffs)
-more skill checks (18 skills while DAO only had stealing and persuasion)
-endlessly more reactive (DAO Ncps only react to your Origin in BG3 they react to your (god, class, race, or animal companion)

Why are you guys still engaging with Mr. Weaponized Autism in a conversation? lol

Silverfish

Arbiter
I thought Todd was going to save gaming.

Yeah, right. The man who saved gaming in 2002, 2006, 2008, 2011 and 2015 totally won't do it again in 2023. This is like going to a superhero movie and saying "I just don't see how Spider-Man can save the day in this one."

Genital slider. Pretty sure Dragon Age doesn't have the obvious joke of a futa mage who casts magic missile.

Saravan

Savant

Bear romance?

you had bull fucking in DAI, not joking

its really the spiritual successor to DAI, like I have said 3+ years ago
Spiritual successor to DA:I are you kidding me. The gameplay is fundamentally different. DAI is a MMO lite game. When you hyperbole like this it’s difficult to take your criticism seriously.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom