Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kiste

Augur
"Anti-SJW" is just a regular guy from the 90s.

Really makes you think.

I doubt regular guy from the 90s would have gotten batshit enraged over every suspected lefty political allegory or else Star Trek TNG would have never become a thing.

Really makes you think.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I doubt regular guy from the 90s would have gotten batshit enraged over every suspected lefty political allegory or else Star Trek TNG would have never become a thing.
TNG was one of my favorite shows. Its allegories were at least entertaining most of the time. I wouldn't call it great writing though. Especially not when they did the same allegories a half-dozen times a series.

Speaking of "batshit enraged", how many posts has it been since you said you were "not gonna discuss this further"? :M

Kiste

Augur
TNG was one of my favorite shows. Its allegories were at least entertaining most of the time. I wouldn't call it great writing though. Especially not when they did the same allegories a dozen times a series.
Given your current mindset and how deeply you have immersed yourself in political tribalism, there is now way that you would watch TNG again if it was a new tv show. Instead, you would hit the forums to rant like a demented loon about how Woke Hollywood is ruining SciFi and how lazy and shitty the writing is.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Given your current mindset and how deeply you have immersed yourself in political tribalism
I just mentioned an allegory in the game. A game released during an American election that was in the news worldwide.

From this, you say I'm "batshit enraged" and "immersed in political tribalism", all while throwing out terms like "screaming trumptards" yourself.

You're a hypocrite and a moron, but the real issue I had with you is your assertion that BG1 had "shit writing" based on a single quest.

I'm not sure why merely pointing out the politics in the game has set you off so, but it's clear you have problems. Did Trump bad touch you or something?
Given your current mindset and how deeply you have immersed yourself in political tribalism, there is now way that you would watch TNG again if it was a new tv show. Instead, you would hit the forums to rant like a demented loon about how Woke Hollywood is ruining SciFi and how lazy and shitty the writing is.
I watched the original Star Trek series a long time before I saw a single episode of TNG. Then I watched TNG, DS9 and Voyager. Then I watched Enterprise, which I felt had cheaper writing, but was still overall enjoyable.

So, I've watched it as a new TV show 4 times now. 5 if you count the animated series.

You keep making these incorrect assumptions about my character based on my comments about a single video game quest.

Sounds like you're the only tribalist loon here.

Last edited:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath

Really makes you think.

Normal guys weren't watching star trek retard. Next time that brain of yours tries to make a point you should check that you actually have one.

A normal guy will just say "Ha ha gay nerd shit" about star trek back then and the current series is just "Extremely low quality woke gay nerd shit".

I'm not here to teach you basic critical thinking.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Given your current mindset and how deeply you have immersed yourself in political tribalism
I just mentioned an allegory in the game. A game released during an American election that was in the news worldwide.

From this, you say I'm "batshit enraged" and "immersed in political tribalism", all while throwing out terms like "screaming trumptards" yourself.

You're a hypocrite and a moron, but the real issue I had with you is your assertion that BG1 had "shit writing" based on a single quest.

I'm not sure why merely pointing out the politics in the game has set you off so, but it's clear you have problems. Did Trump bad touch you or something?
I watched the original Star Trek series a long time before I saw a single episode of TNG. Then I watched TNG, DS9 and Voyager. Then I watched Enterprise, which I felt had cheaper writing, but was still overall enjoyable.

So, I've watched it as a new TV show 4 times now. 5 if you count the animated series.

You keep making these incorrect assumptions about my character based on my comments about a single video game quest.

Sounds like you're the only tribalist loon here.

You watched so many satirical and political space operas- it burned your brains out. Seek help.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Really makes you think.

Normal guys weren't watching star trek retard. Next time that brain of yours tries to make a point you should check that you actually have one.

A normal guy will just say "Ha ha gay nerd shit" about star trek back then and the current series is just "Extremely low quality woke gay nerd shit".

I'm not here to teach you basic critical thinking.
Nothing wrong with being a nerd though.
The greatest and most influential games were made by nerds.
Doom? Check
Quake? Also Check
Fallout? Check
Thief? Check

BruceVC

Magister
Doom? Check
Quake? Also Check
Fallout? Check
Thief? Check
Not anymore. Now everything is shit.

It's time to stop playing games.
Are you being serious? You cant really think the state of gaming is that bad

Whats your top 3 favorite games, I am interested in what you enjoy

Drakortha

Liturgist
Doom? Check
Quake? Also Check
Fallout? Check
Thief? Check

I don't enjoy any games anymore. It's over. But if you must know, it's nothing newer than 10 years old.

Fallout: New Vegas was the last RPG I liked.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was the last shooter.
I can't even think of a third game. Everything else I enjoyed was much older (Fallout 1, Original Resident Evil trilogy, Baldur's Gate 2, etc)

I've played a few games since then but they are all time wasting until something actually good might come around. Which it WON'T. BG3 looks fucking shit.

BruceVC

Magister
Doom? Check
Quake? Also Check
Fallout? Check
Thief? Check

I don't enjoy any games anymore. It's over. But if you must know, it's nothing newer than 10 years old.

I can't even think of a third game. Everything else I enjoyed was much older (Fallout 1, Original Resident Evil trilogy, Baldur's Gate 2, etc)

I've played a few games since then but they are all time wasting until something actually good might come around. Which it WON'T. BG3 looks fucking shit.
I loved F:NV. Its my favorite Fallout of the ones I have played which is only F3&4

I remember the absolute relief of finally seeing the lights of New Vegas. It was night and I was being chased by deathclaws and close to death but I survived. Seeing the lights of NV was like a man dying of thirst in a desert and finding an oasis. It was probably my single greatest moment of relief in any RPG

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I know Larian is just doing their job and market/hype the game as much as they can.

But its getting ridiculous, RPGs are some of the best selling games of all time, and this distinction of crpgs and RPGs is just retarded and artificial. It's an old term used to distinguish PNP from computer roleplaying, everything else are just labels to justify design decisions.

BG3 isn't bringing the RPG genre back, it never left.
4bde8f94184a4b1c8b014572e325f8a6.jpg

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
Doom? Check
Quake? Also Check
Fallout? Check
Thief? Check

Same here.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I had return after few days and what I see again? 80% post about zoophilia and 20% mechanic autism. And I only wanted to ask if somebody have video with new Wyll voice actor and this whole Dark Urge-monk recording...

Oh, well.

BTW. Baldur's Gate 2 have own portion of modable bear-elf love:
7. Jaheira-Wilson Romance (SOA & TOB) - (Optional)
An optional romance between Jaheira and the secret NPC Wilson, that absolutely no one asked for and we wrote anyway. It will begin in SoA once you have both in your party if you are not romancing Jaheira yourself.

- SOA: NPC romance spanning ~26 love talks on a timer and three other talks based on events
- These talks will continue into TOB, and there are another 6 talks if you finish them before the Wraith Scene
- Interjections where appropriate with an active romance
- Includes code to make getting Wilson in your party more obvious.

Mortmal

Arcane
:philosoraptor:

Anyone else has the impression that Larian has nearly all the skills to be an amazing RPG studio, but they just refuse to do it as a part of their design philosophy?

Larian is the picture of a competent cRPG studio.

Everything they do wrong (writing, art style, etc) is not indicative of a lack of skill, but rather an intentional preference.
Indeed, no day and night cycle, but deep romance and the bear cause thats whats exactly people want according this thread. They could do it but know exactly what the customers want instead.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If anything, this thread proves RuneQuest is superior to D&D - and always has been.

t. regular guy from the 90s

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom