Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Rhobar121

Scholar
I would like to point out that even if point buy is the better system for a CRPG, there's no reason not to offer rolling for stats as an option for players - it says a lot that they can't be bothered to implement that
Too busy implementing pronouns, tranny demons and gay bear sex.

Priorities, pls understan :M
Something like this is trivially easy to implement unlike some of the other features I'd like to see in the game.
The fact that this is not in the game is purely a design choice.

Takamori

Learned
This game is the epitome of mods will fix it.
Glad that most of changes can be released day one. Swen managed to out do Todd on mod regard god damn it.

Kiste

Augur
I would like to point out that even if point buy is the better system for a CRPG, there's no reason not to offer rolling for stats as an option for players - it says a lot that they can't be bothered to implement that

It's only function would effectively be to allow players to acquire god stats in a very convoluted way. What's the point? Might as well just implement a "max stats" toggle.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Playing though BG1 again. Gee really slow start.

I've forgotten a lot also if we don't roll stats how can I start with this?

Mjqr8AC.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane

It's only function would effectively be to allow players to acquire god stats in a very convoluted way. What's the point? Might as well just implement a "max stats" toggle.
Oh no, that would be terrible!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
People talking about balance in BG3. LMFAO LIKE FUKK OFF.

Balance is just bullshit. It is easy to balance for rolling stats. Dms, and game devs have been doing it for literally fukkin' decades.

So, in conclusion, all you idiots sayiung 'rolling is bad for balance' are fukkin' loser coward bear fukkin' sjw nazi lazy pieces of crap larian rape lover garbage pickers, so FUKK OFF.

P.S. Larian lovers claim it is all about options and choice so why not allow the OPTION to roll stats and hit points. Hypocritical pieces of crap you are.

Last edited:

Rhobar121

Scholar
People talking about balance in BG3. LMFAO LIKE FUKK OFF.

Blance is just bullshit. It is easy to balance for rolling stats. Dms, and game devs have been doing it for literally fukkin' decades.

So, in conclusion, all you idiots sayiung 'rolling is bad for balance' are fukkin' loser coward bear fukkin' sjw nazi lazy pieces of crap larian rape lover garbage pickers, so FUKK OFF.

P.S. Larian lovers claim it is all about options and choice so why not allow the OPTION to roll stats and hit points. Hypocritical pieces of crap you are.
You were jerking off to the wrath of tranny

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
At this point they should say they are not doing 5e anymore
I don't even want to read a post that starts by noting the level cap as a difference.

It tells me that the plebbiter is going to spam any and every difference, regardless of how slight in an effort to lengthen the TLDR.

The stuff about prerequisites is valid. My guess is that their betatesters all had a fit about not being about to multiclass to any class.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I level up faster if I have a smaller party on BG1 don't I?

I feel like I remember having much more gold and levels when playing last time.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I level up faster if I have a smaller party on BG1 don't I?

I feel like I remember having much more gold and levels when playing last time.
Yes, exp is divided by the number of party members. It's a little exploit.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Its not exploit, you dumb shit. It makes logical sense, FFS.
If you deliberately use this to gain as much experience as possible before recruiting companions, it breaks the balance of the game. So it's an exploit.
It does not make sense. Why does a character learn more by doing a quest in a small group than in a full?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Why does a character learn more by doing a quest in a small group than in a full?
The game doesn't track who kills what or assisted kills, so it's shared.

You would naturally gain more XP from a more difficult task. That's why you have tougher monsters yielding more XP.

Killing something all on your own is more difficult than having 5 other people help you.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Want me to post 3 more images of her in different light?
I've posted two. You can post 10. I think people can make their decision using their own eyes at this point. Same with the rest of your bickering.
And again with the "GREAT WRITING" of BG1, where the only reason you fucking get involved in anything is because every fucking retard you pick up for you group tells you to go to Nashkel because they have business there.
I usually solo the game. There are multiple NPCs that aren't in the party that will try to hint that the iron crisis is a problem. Same with the bandit crisis.

As I said, I prefer BG3's non-linearity, but the actual concept is better in BG1. I'd rather have an interesting quest than 3 or 4 ways to solve or skip a boring, allegorical quest that has nothing to do with me.
In all fairness bg1 had not memorable quests at all. Bg2 was the game that had those.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
>guys, that game we all remember enough to complain about specific joke NPCs wasn't memorable at all
>who even was Sarekvok? Gorion? Tazok? Durlag? Wut?
:kingcomrade:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
BG1 had plenty of memorable quests. I know I shant forget returning the book to the one professor right at the start. More memorable than any bullshit quest in any DOS game. LMAO

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

BG1 had plenty of memorable quests. I know I shant forget returning the book to the one professor right at the start. More memorable than any bullshit quest in any DOS game. LMAO
Bg2 was the game with memorable quest.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
Been watching videos of BG3 and I have yet to see anything that has impressed me so far.

Can anyone explain to me what is so impressive about this? So far I heard that you can climb on stuff...yeah...ok.

Environments look like every other RPG made in the last 15 years. Dialogue looks boring like every BioWaste game ever made. UI looks derivative (skill & spell icons look stupid AF), the skill check mini game looks like it will get annoying, and of course this world looks nothing like the D&D that Arneson & Gygax created, or even BG1 & BG2 for that matter. Everything is way too shiny, and there is way too much racial multiculturalism for the Faerun setting.

I hated D:OS 1&2. Boring, long winded dialogue/story, and a silly, practically comical game world. Larian is the most overrated developer, maybe ever, IMO. I just don't get what people see in these games at all.

By the way, the actual city this game is based on gives me a headache just looking at it. What is the gamplay benefit of putting zillions of NPCs walking the streets? Is "Our city is 30x bigger than BG2! Spend hours and hours and hours asking NPC about their random bullshit!", supposed to impress me?

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Been watching videos of BG3 and I have yet to see anything that has impressed me so far.

Can anyone explain to me what is so impressive about this? So far I heard that you can climb on stuff...yeah...ok.

Environments look like every other RPG made in the last 15 years. Dialogue looks boring like every BioWaste game ever made. UI looks derivative (skill & spell icons look stupid AF), the skill check mini game looks like it will get annoying, and of course this world looks nothing like the D&D that Arneson & Gygax created, or even BG1 & BG2 for that matter. Everything is way too shiny, and there is way too much racial multiculturalism for the Faerun setting.

I hated D:OA 1&2. Boring, long winded dialogue/story, and a silly, practically comical game world. Lariat is the most underrated developer, maybe ever, IMO.
Rolls checks are exactly like in DnD a feature that the old games were lacking. There was little character agency that was not combat related in the old games. That somehow shifted with the old fallout,planescape and nwn.

Also bad dialogue? Where? I seen people here using inquisition and even dragon age 2 like to prof something.
Oh boy....

GaelicVigil

Liturgist

I hated D:OA 1&2. Boring, long winded dialogue/story, and a silly, practically comical game world. Lariat is the most underrated developer, maybe ever, IMO.
Rolls checks are exactly like in DnD a feature that the old games were lacking. There was little character agency that was not combat related in the old games. That somehow shifted with the old fallout,planescape and nwn.

Also bad dialogue? Where? I seen people here using inquisition and even dragon age 2 like to prof something.
Oh boy....

You do realize that, "the old game" barely even had roll checks right? Players actually role-played and used their minds to solve problems instead of dumbing everything down to RNG. Again...this resembles the original P&P less than BG1&2 because of the rolls.

And why the need to display the retarded die rolling on the screen? Why do I need to see that in a giant graphic in your face every 2 minutes?

And...congratulations Larian for pulling off this innovative feature that Neverwinter Nights had 20+ years ago! Wow, impressed!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom