Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Yea, didn't even SMT I have ONE surviving female that could pat on head the main character, and say to him "you murdered all these your friends, but it's no that bad".
Also his dog could survive. That's TWO points where SMT I is better than BG3.

Takamori

Learned
Some parts of this interview is wild.

“We never make a character creator [...] specifically for the players, even though we sort of do,”
To whom then?

“My personal experience with most [slider-based character creators] is you kind of customize it, it takes you a lot of time and effort, and then a lot of times it kind of looks the same in the end,” she said. “So we wanted to avoid that. And if we would make sliders, we needed to make it into something that would be truly unique and wouldn’t look the same.”
Oh we don't want things similar so we attached templates ??? If the facial features were some weird mix of templates instead of straight facial scan I'd be more incline to believe whatever this retard is spouting.

“We weren’t living under a rock,” she said. “We were following what the community wanted and we were looking at what other games do. We were looking at what’s being discussed online. There are a lot of things that evolved, and I feel like, yeah, generally games are trying to move towards increasing the amount of diversity they have. We definitely wanted to represent that. So we wanted to like, kind of give everyone the opportunity to pick from a wide selection.”

Unless its some weird closed discord with very autistic people completely detached from the general public everyone was asking for sliders or at least ways to mess around with the templates.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
You can't change your face but you can change your genital's and pubes. Jesus Christ Larian! You have gone out of your way to please the worst kind of female gamers with romances and fujoshi baiting but you decided to not add the thing that female gamers demand that you add in a game and that has a character creator. The RaceGen mod for Skyrim is the most popular mod on the Nexus and for good reasons. I can't believe they didn't learn anything from the 12+ years since Skyrim has been out. If the mods there are any indication players want a character creator that isn't ass and a hot female companion who they can romance. Instead you make restriction on the character creator and every female companion in the game looks like she has been hit hard with the ugly stick and cucks you. Fucking great game design right there.
There's probably a technical reason for it. They're using their own in-house engine, so who knows. There's also the issue of this having mocaped dialog and things looking weird in cutscenes if the faces are too morphed, I guess.

I basically agree with this though. It's worth it in the long run, since people get invested at character creation.

Maybe leave out tranny dicks (and dicks in general), Vitiligo and pronouns and focus on the things the audience actually wants.

There was zero need to make Drow trannies, let alone uncensored Drow tranny cock at character creation. This wasn't a feature in BG1 or 2. No one actually demanded this. Pronouns would have been more than enough. Of all the things to get simulationist about.

Unlike other RPGs like Skyrim that use sliders to fine-tune aspects of a character’s face or body to your liking, Baldur’s Gate 3 uses preset faces that can be added upon with what Larian calls “attachments,” such as hair, jewelry, scars, tattoos, or facial hair. According to Dubrovina, this was to maintain that tailor-made look of other characters you meet in the game.

“My personal experience with most [slider-based character creators] is you kind of customize it, it takes you a lot of time and effort, and then a lot of times it kind of looks the same in the end,” she said. “So we wanted to avoid that. And if we would make sliders, we needed to make it into something that would be truly unique and wouldn’t look the same.”

According to Dubrovina, Larian isn’t married to taking this approach for all of its games, but they felt the approach worked well for Baldur’s Gate 3 and, she said, it kept custom characters from looking “mediocre.”
Except they all look mediocre already. And there's only a handful of choices, since the faces are racially locked.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
You can't change your face but you can change your genital's and pubes. Jesus Christ Larian! You have gone out of your way to please the worst kind of female gamers with romances and fujoshi baiting but you decided to not add the thing that female gamers demand that you add in a game and that has a character creator. The RaceGen mod for Skyrim is the most popular mod on the Nexus and for good reasons. I can't believe they didn't learn anything from the 12+ years since Skyrim has been out. If the mods there are any indication players want a character creator that isn't ass and a hot female companion who they can romance. Instead you make restriction on the character creator and every female companion in the game looks like she has been hit hard with the ugly stick and cucks you. Fucking great game design right there.
There's probably a technical reason for it. They're using their own in-house engine, so who knows. There's also the issue of this having mocaped dialog and things looking weird in cutscenes if the faces are too morphed, I guess.

They use quite advanced face motion-capture, but this probably is limiting possibilities to premade heads.

Shaki

Arbiter
Instead you make restriction on the character creator and every female companion in the game looks like she has been hit hard with the ugly stick and cucks you. Fucking great game design right there.

You're supposed to be fucking gay vampire and the bear, goy, not the females. Also remember you have to create a tranny in character creator to be true to the vision of the devs and experience the best roleplaying.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So i was streaming the game to a codexer to see if he liked it. He did however. Something new happened. I was fighting he howlbear. And Shadowheart went down in a couple of hits then with my paladin i gave a couple of good hit and then... Something happened that blown my mind. The howlbear stuck down my paladin nothing actually interesting about that to then jump down on top of my other 2 members of the party causing them to go prone.

That was a very cute display of ennemy A.I i loved that!
What fucking language is this
Mebrilian, a language widely spoken in the lands directly to the west of Baldur's Gate. :M

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Instead you make restriction on the character creator and every female companion in the game looks like she has been hit hard with the ugly stick and cucks you. Fucking great game design right there.

You're supposed to be fucking gay vampire and the bear, goy, not the females. Also remember you have to create a tranny in character creator to be true to the vision of the devs and experience the best roleplaying.
But that gay vampire isn't beautiful. Bear is an animal. Females are fugly, and with mental health issues.

Also I play RPG for killing and loot. Not for gay romances. And I will not use female main just to have heterosexual romances.

Shaki

Arbiter
lx7lmnP.png

Aphex81

Scholar
I also wonder if Kotaku etc. would have been so positive about the bearfucking if the fuckee was female. I somehow suspect we would have gotten different headlines if that was the case.
Indeed. Wait untill they realize a female can also get fcked by a bear in BG3...
The real question is can you let the bear fuck your romantic interest while you are watching?

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I also wonder if Kotaku etc. would have been so positive about the bearfucking if the fuckee was female. I somehow suspect we would have gotten different headlines if that was the case.
Indeed. Wait untill they realize a female can also get fcked by a bear in BG3...
The real question is can you let the bear fuck your romantic interest while you are watching?

Well, BG 3 allows threesome with Shadowheart and Halsin, so...

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
This is obviously cucked, but it reminds me that I keep thinking that there's some kind of weird cuckoldry to replaying a game that lets you play your romantic interest from before and see them bang half the characters in the game.

Last edited:
Slight OT: what did ye think of the asset reuse in Elden Ring?
the problem with fromsoft and bethesda's asset reuse is they're too obvious about it. fromsoft has literally been making the same game for over a decade, so has bethesda, hence oblivion with guns, skyrim with guns, skyrim with guns in space. etc. this also reminds me of the discussion surrounding mark morgans music in fallout. derivative? highly - but most importantly, DONE RIGHT. people have said it here already, but not all asset reuse is the same.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

1689908262439.png

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Lol no weight, height or muscle slider and i can only select between preset features but omg i can mix and match genitals and voice to be my TRUEST self.
Gotta love how even though the character creator empirically fails to surpass the standard set by other rpgs journos still wax lyrical and praise it as the best thing ever purely because of gender characteristics being unlocked.

Saravan

Savant
This is obviously cucked, but it reminds me that I keep thinking that there's some kind of weird cuckoldry to replaying a game that lets you play your romantic interest from before and see them bang half the characters in the game.
“Your romantic interest”. It’s imaginary pixels. This is why it’s impossible to engage with this mechanic in any RPG, it injects cringe into my body.

Saravan

Savant
“Your romantic interest”. It’s imaginary pixels. This is why it’s impossible to engage with this mechanic in any RPG, it injects cringe into my body.
How would you like me to say it? "The pixels from the previous romantic subplot"?

Get a thicker skin, man.
I’m being told to get a thicker skin when you just complained about feeling cucked because a NPC is not married to your character if you replay the game?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I’m being told to get a thicker skin when you just complained about feeling cucked because a NPC is not married to your character if you replay the game?
I never said I would feel cucked. I just talked about how weird it was as a feature.

It's like it's like some sort of weird cuck fetish thing they built into the game. Like all the other weird fetish things they've put in the game.

And yes, get a thicker skin. You're playing a game with romances in it. Get used to people talking about them.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Lol no weight, height or muscle slider and i can only select between preset features but omg i can mix and match genitals and voice to be my TRUEST self.
Gotta love how even though the character creator empirically fails to surpass the standard set by other rpgs journos still wax lyrical and praise it as the best thing ever purely because of gender characteristics being unlocked.
An appropriate moment to remind everyone that Dragon's Dogma, a game originally released in 2012 for the PS3 console released in 2006, has an innovative character appearance customization system in which various parts of the face and body are selected from a lengthy list of available options, so that the player chooses the optimal shape of the character's eyes, eyebrows, ears, nose, mouth, head, arms, body, and legs, in a similar manner to the usual system for selecting just a hairstyle. Moreover, several parts of the face have additional sliders for fine-tuning their size and position, and there are further sliders for adjusting height, weight (fattiness versus thinness), musculature, bust size (women-only), posture, and stance.

Example screenshots:
Nywq3xUafgGFEQqgJeWRVe-970-80.jpg.webp

PmJArup6zAN5LTWJsBNJHK-970-80.jpg.webp

XFzYzrxCEXEB2X3Vs9idxC-970-80.jpg.webp

sKwAnAnDycuxKsysxSHuJV-970-80.jpg.webp
UAiZ3dKTap79qNSCw5Gbxm-970-80.jpg.webp

3158833.jpg

kNCe7UJJsxtPJQQx559ATX-970-80.jpg.webp

Gradenmayer

Learned
I never said I would feel cucked. I just talked about how weird it was as a feature.

It's like it's like some sort of weird cuck fetish thing they built into the game. Like all the other weird fetish things they've put in the game.

And yes, get a thicker skin. You're playing a game with romances in it. Get used to people talking about them.
Bro, you are complaining about possibly getting cucked by yourself. Touch grass.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
An appropriate moment to remind everyone that Dragon's Dogma, a game originally released in 2012 for the PS3 console released in 2006, has an innovative character appearance customization system
Doesn't have mocapped lipsynch though, does it?

I'm sure they wanted to add it, regardless of what they claim, but there was probably some sort of budgetary or time thing and they axed it.

Now watch some modder prove me wrong and add it in the first month. :M

Gradenmayer

Learned
Bro, you are complaining about possibly getting cucked by yourself. Touch grass.
Bro, you're asshurt for someone else in a conversation you're not even a part of. Touch grass, seethe, cope, dilate, let him cook, reddit, zoomer speak, blahblahbalh. Get a life.
Your “conversation” is happening on a public forum, dimwit. Grow a brain, little cuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom