Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
The bear sex thing is silly nonsense but here's a thoguht for those defending it hardcore:

What would you think if a femalemage in the game used a spell to shapeshift into a little girl and the player could have sex wither (or opposite genders)?

Would that still be 'funny haha!' or would you agree that's going 'too far'?

So... why is fake bear sex okay but fake child sex not? Or you fine with it? YOU SICK FUKKS.

Damn pedo zoophillias!

Gross.

But, hey, options.

Sickos.
The comparison is weird, because the dude morphing into a bear is the, uhm, top; and given your alternative is raping a child, the comparison fails because, well, do you know anyone who could rape a bear?

(Also don't know many settings that involve grown adults turning into little girls for combat-related magics; best you could probably come up with is those anime lolis that are actually ancient dragons or w/e.)

Drakortha

Liturgist
Remind me why people clearly not interested to play the game keep returning in the thread to repeat the same things like in an echo chamber. I mean we get it you dislike it.

I heard you the first time.
And you're never going to hear the end of it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Larian shouldn't have called their dumpsterfire Baldur's Gate 3. It's a video game franchise with an over 20 year legacy, similar to Fallout. There are a lot of people who knew of and played Baldur's Gate long before Larian came along to bank on it.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe Zed Duke of Banville or another codex immersed in the lore could answer this but do the githyanki have a bad reputation or something? Shadowhearts antagonism towards Lazael being githyanki didn’t make much sense to me.
Githyanki are mostly neutral and evil. Githzerai are mostly neutral and good.

Shar is generally shades of evil. (although, I remember her from 2e, and she was worshipped by any alignment, because anyone could forget)

So it might just be mutual distrust. Usual evil shenanigans.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe Zed Duke of Banville or another codex immersed in the lore could answer this but do the githyanki have a bad reputation or something? Shadowhearts antagonism towards Lazael being githyanki didn’t make much sense to me.
Githianki are often evil. They have their goals and more often than not they end in conflict with what stands between them and it. In the case of the game i believe (could be wrong) that Shadowheart and her party took the artifact from them.
So it’s like they compensated for being enslaved by the biggest cunts in the planes?
Githianky were the ones that took their rebellion on the illithid in the most violent way they actually pursue for power and they are determined to kill every illithid they come across unlike the Githzerai that are the faction that is more monastic. The race split over a difference between two gith leaders during the rebellion.
Thanks. Most of what I knew was actually from Planescape Torment and Dak’on’s crisis of faith over Zerthimon’s true motives. God that game was too good.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Remind me why people clearly not interested to play the game keep returning in the thread to repeat the same things like in an echo chamber. I mean we get it you dislike it.

I heard you the first time.
And you're never going to hear the end of it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Larian shouldn't have called their dumpsterfire Baldur's Gate 3. It's a video game franchise with an over 20 year legacy, similar to Fallout. There are a lot of people who knew of and played Baldur's Gate long before Larian came along to bank on it.
Interplay is dead.
Bioware is now just a parody of itself.
Get over it.

The game is selling very well. No ammount of whining,crying screeching will change that.

The only thing you will obtain is being annoying.

Percy

Cipher
How is the enemy variety so far?

There's quite a lot in the EA (Maybe too much, too soon?)

Goblins, Bugbears, Ogres, Spiders, Humanoids, Intellect Deavourers, Gnolls, Owlbear, Redcaps, Undead as an example. Theres quite a few NPCs that can become enemies based on choices in quests (or you can just attack them)

Is there a mod for BG3 yet that removes all degeneracy and interracial?

Just click the sword icon when talking to other races and faggots.

Today I saw on a stream a female ogre and a male bugbear engaging in rough sex in a shed! They get mad for being interrupted and attack the heroes party.

4zabsl6ek2db1.png

The look of horror on the chatcters faces when they see this almost redeems its inclusion.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
These people are in favour of this being the direction of crpg's.
Not being wholly against the romance being included doesn't mean you want it to be the 'future of CRPGs'. I would only ever be annoyed about romance being present if it's focused on to the detriment of other aspects of the game, and I played EA without romancing anyone and never felt that I wasn't getting a satisfying story. I'll eat my words if it turns out that they've skimped on the main narrative to focus on this sort of thing but as long as it's an optional component I'm happy for it to exist in the game as a way to draw more people in and subsidise the creation of the aspects of the game that I *do* care about.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
First off is not actually a bear is a druid that takes the animal shape of a bear it is not the same thing.
"It's not ackchyually a child! It's a 3000yo dragon girl! Lolis only look like little girls! There are no dragons irl!"
Second the scend was done portraired to be something weird you even have a squirrel standing in disbelief and horror.
As I said: a joke in bad taste, and a further shift of the Overton window.

Repeating that 'it's just a joke bro' doesn't negate what I wrote.
Thing is, child rape/abuse is a rampant problem; therefore joking about it is an extremely bad taste thing to do.

But I don't know some barely-under-the-surface societal pandemic of people raping bears (by being dicked by them, no less) -- do you?

Drakortha

Liturgist
Interplay is dead.
Get over it.

The game is selling very well. No ammount of whining,crying screeching will change that.

Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 sold well, and I'm sure Fallout 76 is doing fine. I guess according to you, that makes it okay what Bethesda did to Fallout?

This is not a game of football where whoever gets the highest score wins, and the loser goes home. BG3 deserves to be criticized for what it is (and for what it isn't), because of the implications that being called Baldur's Gate brings.

Get over it.

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Interplay is dead.
Get over it.

Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 sold well, and I'm sure Fallout 76 is doing fine. I guess according to you, that makes it okay what Bethesda did to Fallout?

This is not a game of football where whoever gets the highest score wins, and the loser goes home. BG3 deserves to be criticized for what it is (and for what it isn't), because of the implication being called Baldur's Gate brings.

Get over it.
Sorry for me is a worthy BG sequel. With way more features than the original. Unlike you i played the EA with a very critical eye.

And i was impressed by it. You on the other hand screech and cry over a bear joke.

EvilWolf

Learned
For anyone who has trouble keeping up with this thread and maybe missed the "release teaser" that came out, this is for you. This is the people they are appealing to. This is enormous decline. If you purchase this, you are ok with it. In fact, you like it. This about who you are going to fuck. The choice and consequences lead back to one thing, who your sexual partner is and if they approve of your actions. This is crpg's going forward. And people are applauding it.

Yes, I know it's old but it needs to be seen by the people on the fence and as a reminder of the people defending this game. These people are in favour of this being the direction of crpg's.

I purchased it before any of this shit came out. I was intrigued by the fact the game had romances, when I saw Shadowheart and heard there was a romance with her my credit card had already exited my wallet for the purchase.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Just noticed BG3 half-orcs actually look like full blooded orcs.
I thought D&D did away with half-breeds due to political correctness.

Regardless, half-orcs were always primarily Orcish in appearance. It was only about 10% that were considered passable enough to be mistaken for ugly humans.

ydplldJ.png

I guess it's up to the player how human they want their rape baby to look.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

And i was impressed by it. You on the other hand screech and cry over a bear joke.
Are you really going to make me repeat everything that is wrong with this game again? I thought you were tired of hearing about it.

Keep nitpicking criticisms, and I will.
Your is not criticism your is lunatic screeching over morality and culture war on a joke.

If it were actually criticism you would instead posting about other stuff.
You know actually things that you dislike about the game.

And not about some misguided puritan sense over what is displayed as comedy.

This kind of humor were present in all sort of games even in past.

But because today being outraged is the new cool thing to do you are doing a drama out of it.

EvilWolf

Learned
Are you really going to make me repeat everything that is wrong with this game again? I thought you were tired of hearing about it.

Keep nitpicking criticisms, and I will.
Your is not criticism your is lunatic screeching over morality and culture war on a joke.

But because today being outraged is the new cool thing to do you are doing a drama out of it.
I understand your frustration, I too post from my phone more often than not. If you posted on desktop you would see his signature and then you would finally be able to acknowledge his agenda.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Thing is, child rape/abuse is a rampant problem; therefore joking about it is an extremely bad taste thing to do.

But I don't know some barely-under-the-surface societal pandemic of people raping bears (by being dicked by them, no less) -- do you?
Bestiality in general is fairly rampant. Especially in Canada, where I guess that some forms are apparently legal.

And no, bears aren't generally considered very rapeable. But the general idea of sex with an animal (or something with an animal's body, if you want that excuse) is a problem. More so now than when Arcanum was released, since perversions are ubiquitous online and society appears to have few if any limitations left.

We've gone from "gays just want to tolerance" to "cut your kid's dick off or the government will take zher and do it for you" in less than 20 years. I think putting the breaks on on any issue is justified at this point, joke or not.

EvilWolf

Learned

Bestiality in general is fairly rampant. Especially in Canada, where I guess that some forms are apparently legal.

And no, bears aren't generally considered very rapeable. But the general idea of sex with an animal (or something with an animal's body, if you want that excuse) is a problem. More so now than in Arcanum, since perversions are ubiquitous online and society appears to have few if any limitations left.

We've gone from "gays just want to tolerance" to "cut your kid's dick off or the government will take them and do it for you" in less than 20 years. I think putting the breaks on on any issue is justified at this point, joke or not.
There needs to be a new rating that encapsulates a combination of "disgusting and honk! honk!"
Edit: I see it already exists.

Drakortha

Liturgist

You're really sensitive about this bear thing. I've brought up the bear in about 10% of my complaints about BG3 overall, yet you keep nitpicking this one thing.

Baldur's Gate 3 is a fucking shit game. GARBAGE cinematic dialogue straight out of the Dragon Age/Mass Effect Xbox 360 era of SHIT games.

No Day / Night cycles or NPC schedules in a 2023 RPG that claims in it's bullshit marketing to be spearheading an RPG renaissance. since you're a retard with a short memory let me remind you, The Outer Worlds by Obsidian claimed the SAME THING. Journalists keep mentioning "Larian's Pedigree" as a reason to look forward to this game, the same way they used to say "Obsidian's Pedigree" just a couple of years ago. So It's funny how game journalism as a whole is now throwing Obsidian and Josh Sawyer under the bus to make Larian and BG3 look superior.

But you want to keep talking about the bear because you're a fucking dumbass lunatic and probably a massive gaylord homosexual FAGGOT!

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

And no, bears aren't generally considered very rapeable. But the general idea of sex with an animal (or something with an animal's body, if you want that excuse) is a problem. More so now than in Arcanum, since perversions are ubiquitous online and society appears to have few if any limitations left.

We've gone from "gays just want to tolerance" to "cut your kid's dick off or the government will take them and do it for you" in less than 20 years. I think putting the breaks on on any issue is justified at this point, joke or not.
Look like i said before people are looking too much in to this.

That was a comedic scene no more no less and nothing different from what was done in other games before in past.

In the Sims2 males and females could be abducted by aliens resulting in a force pregnancy that usually spawned twins.

In Vendetta: You had leather homo daddies in a level humping you and humping you while knocked down and not only that but dogs that would do the same licking your neck.

In elden ring: You have a character called The lothesome dung eater that is self explanatory.

In morrowind: You had vivec that was a sex partner with Molag bal and not only that he reformed the Morag Tong by having and orgy.

I could give you countless of examples many even worse than that bear scene.

It just create scandals today because polititards love to be triggered and outraged about things.

If something like that was displayed in the early 2000 nobody would give a damn.

And i didint even mention tv and movies were there is far worse.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Baldur's Gate 3 is a static narrative rpg. But it is based on an existing DnD IP so of course it is. Don't know why anyone would expect a living world from a DnD module adaptation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom