Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

The whole illithid and tadpole thing i think is just smoke in the eye for what is to come.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
...you mean Ketheric? Ketheric is not the Absolute.
Huh. I got that impression from the trailer. Oh well, I was probably only half paying attention to avoid the spoilers Larian was showering us with at the time.

That makes me feel a little better, if that's the case. They mystery of the Absolute is one of the driving factors of Act 1. Ruining it in promo material seemed a pretty bad idea.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Has anyone made a list of the various disgusting fetishes the cucks buying the game are financing? That would be an interesting, yet disturbing endeavor. I can't be bothered since I don't care that much and will be pirating the game on day 1.
Well people seem to be happy about there being romances in the game. That right there opens up a pandora's box of perverted freaks and degenerates. Apparently people who want to fuck bears. It's a shame Timothy Treadwell perished so long ago. He would have loved this game. And there's the gays, of course. They are the root of all perversions and sex crimes. The list would be a mile long.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Has anyone made a list of the various disgusting fetishes the cucks buying the game are financing? That would be an interesting, yet disturbing endeavor. I can't be bothered since I don't care that much and will be pirating the game on day 1.
Well people seem to be happy about there being romances in the game. That right there opens up a pandora's box of perverted freaks and degenerates. Apparently people who want to fuck bears. It's a shame Timothy Treadwell perished so long ago. He would have loved this game. And there's the gays, of course. They are the root of all perversions and sex crimes. The list would be a mile long.
Go play Diablo!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Don't worry, I'm sure Larian will cater to your kink as well.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

You guys cannot even have a laugh to what is a painfully obvious joke. And you all retards are in this weird crusade based on nothing.

But i never heard any of you say that Elden Ring promotes SCAT because you have ths Lothesome Dungeater in the game.

You are all such a fraud lol.

cpmartins

Cipher
Don't worry, I'm sure Larian will cater to your kink as well.
Hard for them to do I'm afraid. Consistently good writing and non-reddit humor are their kryptonite.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You guys cannot even have a laugh to what is a painfully obvious joke. And you all retards are in this weird crusade based on nothing.

But i never heard any of you say that Elden Ring promotes SCAT because you have ths Lothesome Dungeater in the game.

Dungeater is portrayed as the most evil despicable character in all of Elden Ring. I don't know what point you're trying to make there. Also it's not confirmed if he literally eats shit. He just earned that name for being a piece of shit.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
You guys cannot even have a laugh to what is a painfully obvious joke.
There's such a thing as a 'joke' in bad taste.

It's like these Hollywood types who make edgy jokes about raping babies with their friends. And then occasionally they do a video interview and 'joke' about raping babies and people freak out.

There are some things you shouldn't joke about because even the possibility that you're serious is disturbing to people.

Also, the whole slippery slope we've been on these past 15 or so years now has been obvious. Appalling things have been memed into the public consciousness in order to shift the Overton Window further into degeneracy. This can't even be argued at this point. RPG devs put uncensored tranny dicks at the start of the game now, when Mass Effect refused to have homosexual romances (of pixels, for your character /autism disclaimer).

So I say Codexers who are upset about this have a valid point. They're just spending too much time repeating it over and over, when there are more interesting discussions to be had.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
My conjecture on the githyanki egg-laying issue:

A humanoid race called the gith were introduced in the Dark Sun campaign setting in 1991 and described as appearing to be a "peculiar mixture of elf and reptile", although there wasn't any mention of their reproductive methods. The 1993 Monstrous Manual included an entry for gith and stated they were egg layers, which could have been explicitly introduced in some Dark Sun product published by that time or might have been a new inference from the description of gith as appearing reptilian. In 1994, adventure module DSE2 Black Spine was published, and it was based around the gith being descended from a group of githyanki who had planned to conquer Athas only to be attacked and scattered by githzerai. When Monte Cook wrote A Guide to the Astral Plane, released in 1996, either he or someone else at TSR must have noticed that gith are egg-laying and descended from githyanki, which led to the retcon of githyanki reproducing via egg-laying. Although the text claims this might have been caused by illithid experiments, since this the githzerai apparently have normal human reproductive systems, and they splintered from the githyanki after liberation from the illithids, the only alternative explanation is that the githyanki were altered by "exposure to some strange astral energies".

Really this is something that could and should have been reverted since then.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

It's like these Hollywood types who make edgy jokes about raping babies with their friends. And then occasionally they do a video interview and 'joke' about raping babies and people freak out.

There are some things you shouldn't joke about because even the possibility that you're serious is disturbing to people.

Also, the whole slippery slope we've been on these past 15 or so years now has been obvious. Appalling things have been memed into the public consciousness in order to shift the Overton Window further into degeneracy. This can't even be argued at this point. RPG devs put uncensored tranny dicks at the start of the game now, when Mass Effect refused to have homosexual romances (of pixels, for your character /autism disclaimer).

So I say Codexers who are upset about this have a valid point. They're just spending too much time repeating it over and over, when there are more interesting discussions to be had.
First off is not actually a bear is a druid that takes the animal shape of a bear it is not the same thing.

Second the scend was done portraired to be something weird you even have a squirrel standing in disbelief and horror.

This is what people miss out. They freak about nothing in the end. And you cant even compare that with a joke on raping kids.

People are going totally lunatic over nothing.

cpmartins

Cipher

Man, do you really think people are upset with this? I mean, really upset to the point of loosing sleep, getting worried about the future and shit? It's just funny that so many people keep defending these trashy, badly animated cinematics as some sort of accomplishment from larian. It's shit to get fat, greasy nerds and desperate cat ladies to buy it, and gaming "journalists" to help them do it.
I'd bet good money the people who are actually, truly upset are as sad as the ones looking forward to it. It's just shitposting.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
First off is not actually a bear is a druid that takes the animal shape of a bear it is not the same thing.
"It's not ackchyually a child! It's a 3000yo dragon girl! Lolis only look like little girls! There are no dragons irl!"
Second the scend was done portraired to be something weird you even have a squirrel standing in disbelief and horror.
As I said: a joke in bad taste, and a further shift of the Overton window.

Repeating that 'it's just a joke bro' doesn't negate what I wrote.

Barbarian

Arcane
Just noticed BG3 half-orcs actually look like full blooded orcs.

Weren't some specimens supposed to nearly pass off as human? These look like oversized goblins even.

images

Baldurs-Gate-3-Half-Orc.jpg

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

"It's not ackchyually a child! It's a 3000yo dragon girl! There are no dragons irl!"
As I said: a joke in bad taste, and a further shift of the Overton window.

Repeating that 'it's just a joke bro' doesn't negate what I wrote.
It does you used an example that is totally diffwrent from the situation here.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Just noticed BG3 half-orcs actually look like full blooded orcs.

Weren't some specimens supposed to nearly pass off as human? These look like oversized goblins even.

images

Baldurs-Gate-3-Half-Orc.jpg
Mh no really in DnD pureblood orcs have actually a smaller top of the skull and their noses lean a lot to look like pig noses their body is never long but instead is thicc similiar to the body of the dwarfs
DD-orc-5e.jpg

Steezus

Savant
Patron

You need to understand that they're on the verge of accepting their homosexuality and every bit of gay content might force them out of the closet. It's a tough pill to swallow.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Go play Diablo!
Go post pics of FF14 catgirls!
Always better than being an anchoolic narcisist! Reading you accusing others to be degenerate is such a joke!
There are far, far, FAR lower forms of life than alcoholics, you being one of them.
I suggest you to leave the thread. I am not wasting my time arguing with someone that destroy his existance and is ready to ride trends in order to have a little bit of attention and validation.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I suggest you to leave the thread. I am not wasting my time arguing with someone that destroy his existance and is ready to ride trends in order to have a little bit of attention and validation.
I don't see how me pointing out the fact that you're a butt fucking moron and weirdo is me attention seeking. Also...

I spit my fucking beer out of my mouth when I seen that shit. "EVERYBODY IS OVERREACTING, IT WAS JUST A DRUID TAKING THE FORM OF A BEAR"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom