Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
But as to the eggs, it's stated quite frankly in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes that the githyanki lay eggs.

So in addition to bear-fucking, BG 3 players will have the option to explore the miracle of the cloaca.
You're really thinking about this a little too much imo.
You can't explore it because your dick is undead.
Why are you thinking about my dick?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
But as to the eggs, it's stated quite frankly in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes that the githyanki lay eggs.

So in addition to bear-fucking, BG 3 players will have the option to explore the miracle of the cloaca.
You're really thinking about this a little too much imo.
You can't explore it because your dick is undead.
Why are you thinking about my dick?
We were on the topic of exploring cloacas and you joined the conversation. Don't get your hopes up. It's not like you can get anything else up either.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So if I play as a Gith and I romance Lae'zel, will the game accurately depict cloaka on cloaka sex?
This sounds like a lot like my dota games. Everyone is more interested in what their team mates are doing, than what the enemy is up to.

There are 3, or however many villains in this game - plus a tadpole in one's skull - but we're more interested in alien sex.

I bet you in 30 pages some fucking idiot will be asking if you can fuck the squirrel. And another fucking idiot will wish he was the nut.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This game has zoophilia, queers, gay sex, transexuals, etc, and the Codex loves it.

You know what game doesn't have zoophilia, queers, gay sex, and transexuals? Diablo 4, and the Codex hates it.

I'm not saying there's a pattern... but there's a pattern.
Liking and playing Diablo 4 counts as coprophilia, which is worse than everything you listed combined.
I have to disagree. Eating shit is one's own personal choice and freedom. Having sex with animals is rape, and rape is a crime.

Also homosexuality and coprophilia go hand in hand, so BG3 also involves the eating of feces.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Why even be on a niche RPG forum if these aren't the topics we want to meme?

If we want to ask normie questions like how many hours of gameplay there are or different enemy types, we'll be on reddit.

Actually codexbros, I think reddit is beating us on memes.

1689968985487.png

Gradenmayer

Learned
This game has zoophilia, queers, gay sex, transexuals, etc, and the Codex loves it.

You know what game doesn't have zoophilia, queers, gay sex, and transexuals? Diablo 4, and the Codex hates it.

I'm not saying there's a pattern... but there's a pattern.
Liking and playing Diablo 4 counts as coprophilia, which is worse than everything you listed combined.
BG3 also involves the eating of feces.
You can’t play Diablo 4 in BG3, as far I’m aware.

Darth Valer

Literate
The tadpole in BG 3 Is special, but the characters don't know it in the beginning. There's still the reasonable pressure to act in order to remove it asap or at least understand how it works, but as you play it becomes clear that you don't run the risk of becoming a squid by the hour.

Personally I think these tadpoles are meant to subjugate the above ground people into spreading the cult of the Absolute, the Absolute being Lolth that Is trying to become a full fledged goddess outside of her Underdark and drowish niche by cooperating with, or using, the Mind Flayers, but my knowledge of the FR lore Is very limited so it's all speculation based on tidbits of stuff I've read

EvilWolf

Learned
This game pushes the boundaries far higher than woke, it actually promotes zoophilia.
You people have serious mental issue if you think that clip promotes zoophilia. Was meant to be funny and weird and yet you retards yells like baboons "OMG SCANDAAAAAAL!"

I mean the cam in that scene even goes off and you see a squirrel traumatized. Was never meant to be a scene that promote anything but laughting but you polititards make of everything drama.

You forgot what it is comedy.
You becomed exactly like the woke idiots you complain about.
And you are exactly as annoying.

Get over it bud you are not forced to do that romance lol.

Seems like some of you studied the MANUAL OF THE EASILY OFFENDED.

Just lol.
Remember when dressing as women was just a funny haha in Bugs Bunny? If only there was a phrase to describe such occurences... "slick downhill" mayhaps?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

To my knowledge, Gith in d&d has only referred to the umbrella race of the githyanki/githzerai.

But as to the eggs, it's stated quite frankly in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes that the githyanki lay eggs
Check out p. 151 of the 2e Monstrous Manual, and behold the Gith race. It's not explicitly stated, but they seem to originally have been a Dark Sun monster. They're right before the Githyanki in the book, and both are scrawny humanoids, so I could see how they get mixed up. But when you read the description of the Gith carefully they have very little in common with the Githyanki/Githzerai.

I wonder if it was the Mordenkainen author who though the Githyanki should lay eggs, or if it's an earlier piece of lore. But I'm almost certain it's something that's been made up long after the race was introduced.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
The tadpole in BG 3 Is special, but the characters don't know it in the beginning. There's still the reasonable pressure to act in order to remove it asap or at least understand how it works, but as you play it becomes clear that you don't run the risk of becoming a squid by the hour.

Personally I think these tadpoles are meant to subjugate the above ground people into spreading the cult of the Absolute, the Absolute being Lolth that Is trying to become a full fledged goddess outside of her Underdark and drowish niche by cooperating with, or using, the Mind Flayers, but my knowledge of the FR lore Is very limited so it's all speculation based on tidbits of stuff I've read
Sounds highly unlikely.

It might be a special operation by Illithids who follow Thoon.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron

Lolth being involved in some capacity is an interesting theory, one thing that makes me think she might not be is that
when you talk to the spiders in the pit beneath the goblin den they refer to Minthara as having 'forgotten' Lolth and say she is 'forsaken'

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Lolth being involved in some capacity is an interesting theory, one thing that makes me think she might not be is that
when you talk to the spiders in the pit beneath the goblin den they refer to Minthara as having 'forgotten' Lolth and say she is 'forsaken'
The Absolute was already spoiled by Larian themselves, and it's not Lloth, sadly. It's just some old elf.

We know that there is a lot of Underdark involvement, especially since a Drider was shown in the preview, but said Drider seemed to hallucinate because of the tadpole more than he did worship anyone.

Could all be a subversion though, I guess, and we find out that Lloth or Bhaal or whomever is behind it to some degree. That's my bet.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Why wouldn't it be The Dead Three? Since the absolute's symbol literally is just a mashed up version of Bhaal, Myrkul and Bane's symbols
I never looked at it closely, but probably, yeah.

Apparently, the Decent into Avernus campaign was written alongside BG3. And I think the Dead Three were involved in that.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why wouldn't it be The Dead Three? Since the absolute's symbol literally is just a mashed up version of Bhaal, Myrkul and Bane's symbols
I never looked at it closely, but probably, yeah.

Apparently, the Decent into Avernus campaign was written alongside BG3. And I think the Dead Three were involved in that.

Only as a slight tangent. Wolfheart and others did a summary on it.

But The Absolute's symbol is a completely obvious mashed together job of Myrkul's triangle, Bane's hand, and Bhaal's skull. Hell, the FR wiki states flat out

FRwiki said:
The Absolute was represented by the symbols of the Dead Three

Some trickery could be afoot, of course. There are Jergal statues in BG3 and the camp reviver lich character thingy is obviously some priest of Jergal or something similar. So he's a possibility as well.

But the connection to that part of the lore will be there 100%.

cpmartins

Cipher
Has anyone made a list of the various disgusting fetishes the cucks buying the game are financing? That would be an interesting, yet disturbing endeavor. I can't be bothered since I don't care that much and will be pirating the game on day 1.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Turns out there's actually zero lore relating to my questions for a race that's been around since, what, 2e?
Githyanki and githzerai were introduced in the 1981 Fiend Folio, with a cover illustration of a githyanki, and a full-page interior drawing of a battle between githyanki and a party of adventurers. In 1996, the Planescape accessory A Guide to the Astral Planes appeared, and it contains what must be the longest treatment of githyanki in any AD&D product:

In a time before most of the prime worlds known today were born, when the gate-towns of the Outlands all went by different names, when beings could recall days before the creation of then-bejeweled Sigil still existed, the illithids held an ancient empire. This great empire stretched throughout many prime worlds, infested both Astral and Ethereal, and threatened the borders of many of the Outer Planes. The mind flayer dominion was so powerful that vast planar armies marshaled to defend their respective realms. Even the fiends paused in their eternal Blood War long enough to determine if the illithids would attack the Lower Planes as well. Despite the fact that most tomes of historical lore make no mention of it (for truly ancient was this time, and older still the roots of the illithid empire), never has there been a time since then when the entire multiverse has been so vexed by a single threat.

Salvation came not from without, but rather within. The illithids had enslaved all of the humans that they had come upon and (as they are still wont to do) used them as beasts of burden and livestock upon which to feed. These slaves were without number, and many were actually descendants of those who had originally been conquered, so that they knew no life beyond mind flayer enslavement, nor did their parents, nor indeed even their parents before them. Slavery and other unspeakable influences of the illithids twisted these wretches in form as well as spirit, but many still clung to the ever-present need for freedom.

Slave revolts clawed at the illithid empire, but never posed a true threat. What hope did poorly armed, malnourished slaves have against the awesome mental powers of their illithid masters? The slaves knew that only through the development of their own psionic powers, coupled with martial strength, would they ever emerge victorious. From their number arose a champion, greater in mental strength and resolve (and most likely hatred) than her peers. Her name was Gith. With her leadership at its crest, the wave of slaves washed over the illithid empire without mercy. Fueled by her power and rage, the rebellion tore asunder the mind flayer's dominion, casting the shreds to the wind. Not every illithid was killed, and not every stronghold fell (as was Gith's wish), but the ties of the empire were broken, and the defeat was one from which the mind flayers would never completely recover. The slaves were freed, most tasting the sweet nectar of liberty for the first time.

At this point, when Gith ordered her people to continue their campaign to annihilate the illithids and establish an empire of conquest of their own, not all followed her command. A new figure, by the name of Zerthimon, had gained a significant following and challenged Gith‘s plans and her leadership. Gith was evil, the newcomer claimed, and would lead the people into darkness and tyranny not unlike the illithids themselves. Thus, no sooner had the people finished their war for freedom than they engaged in a bitter and bloody civil war. In the ensuing conflict, Zerthimon was killed and his followers, now called githzerai, retreated to Limbo in defeat. The losses that Gith’s forces had sustained, however, were too severe for them to press forward in further conquest. Gith led her people, who now called themselves githyanki, “the children of Gith,” to the conquered illithid settlements on the Astral Plane. There, she believed, they would be safest until such time as they could once again begin their conquest of the multiverse, as well as the eradication of the illithids and the githzerai.

Soon after the githyanki had established themselves in the virtually lifeless Astral, a wizardess named Vlaakith began advising Gith in matters of state. She advised the ruler that the githyanki were in need of allies, and Gith reluctantly agreed. After a failed attempt to gain the slaadi, Limbo’s native race, as allies against the githzerai, Vlaakith advised Gith to descend into Baator to meet with the legendary Tiamat. What actually occurred at that meeting is one of the best-kept secrets in all the planes. Simply put, no one knows but Gith, Tiamat, and apparently one of Tiamat’s consorts, a red great wyrm named Ephelomon. What is known is that Ephelomon came to the Astral and instructed Vlaakith that Gith had named the wizardess as the githyanki leader’s successor,
and that she was to carry on her legacy of conquest, for Gith would not be returning. The great wyrm also announced that an eternal pact between red dragons and the githyanki was now in place.

Ephelomon’s words proved true, as the githyanki found when they traveled to the Prime Material. Whenever the githyanki arrived on the Prime, red dragons were willing to work with them in their schemes and goals. Vlaakith and her descendants have always ruled the githyanki since then, but they have slowly lost the resolve and focus of Gith. The githyanki have become fragmented, forming small isolated groups rather than maintaining a single, unified nation. Although no conflict exists between the groups, and they all ultimately serve the queen, each has its own separate goals.
The githyanki resemble the humans that they descended from in the most basic ways only. While still humanoid, their rough, leathery skin is pale yellow, and their features are gaunt in the extreme. Fact is, some githyanki could be described as skeletal in appearance. Their black eyes have sunk far back into their long, angular skulls, and their noses’ve receded to become very small and highly placed, giving their entire face the appearance of having been stretched vertically. Raven-black or fire-red hair adorns
their heads and is usually worn to reveal their pronounced, pointed ears which are often marked by ridges gained in dark ceremonies.

The dark of it is that while they were illithid slaves, the githyanki (and githzerai) underwent horrible experiments by their masters in an attempt to make them great warriors for the mind flayer empire. They were also forced to work in areas no human was ever meant to be, where strange energies altered them for all time. Lastly, those who would one day become githyanki altered themselves with their own incredible resolve and hatred, twisting themselves in mind,body, and spirit.
The most pronounced deviation of the githyanki from their human origins is that they have become egg-layers. This is either the result of some experiment of the illithids or the exposure to some strange astral energies. In either case, this method of reproduction closely resembles that of reptilian creatures. Within githyanki communities, there is always an egg chamber (or possibly many of them), where all eggs are kept and guarded. Caretakers raise the young in a communal fashion - there are no githyanki families.

Check out p. 151 of the 2e Monstrous Manual, and behold the Gith race. It's not explicitly stated, but they seem to originally have been a Dark Sun monster. They're right before the Githyanki in the book, and both are scrawny humanoids, so I could see how they get mixed up. But when you read the description of the Gith carefully they have very little in common with the Githyanki/Githzerai.

I wonder if it was the Mordenkainen author who though the Githyanki should lay eggs, or if it's an earlier piece of lore. But I'm almost certain it's something that's been made up long after the race was introduced.
Dark Sun's gith are the descendants of githyanki who established a base on Athas before being attacked by githzerai and scattered, surviving only as the degenerated gith. See adventure module DSE2 Black Spine.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
The Dead Three are definitely going to be involved from what's in EA but I feel like there's going to be another big villain reveal and I don't know who or what that's going to be. I'd guess that Shar will be a big part of it given Shadowheart and Ketheric's histories but I don't know if it would be as an overarching villain or from the sides looking to benefit and my memory on both the EA and FR lore is too foggy to speculate more solidly

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom