Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Edgy Gamer, you said all these things to demonstrate why the bear sex scene is wrong but then you changed your avatar to this gay vampire character to trigger the people objecting to the bear sex scene? Am I missing something?

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

a very critical eye.
You spent at least a few hundreds of hours on FF XIV.
And? Is just the best mmo out there beside you have not the slightest idea of my gaming history. I play different kind of games i don't close my mind on a thing and say everything else suck i try and experience what i like or not this what life is about.

And believe me i stream the game to many people even outside the codex hating bg3 feeded by false information by those that loved screeching. I didin't comment or anything i just booted up the game and show while i was played.

And you know what? The people that hated the game so veemently a good portion of them got the game. Others told me that liked it.

Just try and experience you my discover things you like.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Folks who played EA, how's the framerate and performance? I just noticed the requirements are pretty gnarly, might need to upgrade the PC a little bit to play this with max details.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Edgy Gamer, you said all these things to demonstrate why the bear sex scene is wrong but then you changed your avatar to this gay vampire character to trigger the people objecting to the bear sex scene? Am I missing something?
Yes, his transition :lol:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Folks who played EA, how's the framerate and performance? I just noticed the requirements are pretty gnarly, might need to upgrade the PC a little bit to play this with max details.
I can't really help you there. Because i change my pc. I remember tho that in my old rig i had some little stuttering. The games gets pretty heavy load at time. And will be also bigger areas in the full game. I suggest an SSD for sure. I am not sure what are your specs.

Ryzer

Arcane
LVGeTzw.jpg
Poor bastard probably knew Jaheira wouldn't resurrect him.

j6wMBVB.jpg

Reminder that this, and 100 gold, is what it would have taken for Jaheira to resurrect Khalid.
Then again the main player didn't resurrect him as well.

Khalid is like the molested kid in school nobody likes.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Poor bastard probably knew Jaheira wouldn't resurrect him.

j6wMBVB.jpg

Reminder that this, and 100 gold, is what it would have taken for Jaheira to resurrect Khalid.
Then again the main player didn't resurrect him as well.

Khalid is like the molested child in school nobody likes.

Fairly certain it is stated that Irenicus experimented on his soul and tore it to tatters, resurrection isn't an option anymore at that point.

Zeriel

Arcane
about the reusing assets, man, you don't know what you don't know.
if programming in general wasn't a recycled thing you'd have one game every 15 years or so. do you really think every single thing is redone from the ground up?

What nonsense, people used to build brand new engines and games in a span of 1-2 years. If anything, even with the reuse of assets and code devs are less productive nowadays.

jackofshadows

Magister
I have a rig very close to minimal requirements and the performance is pretty good although not ideal on "high" and a 2k monitor. For ultra you would certainly need something significantly better I guess.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
What nonsense, people used to build brand new engines and games in a span of 1-2 years. If anything, even with the reuse of assets and code devs are less productive nowadays.
Games used to be a lot simpler though (to create, not talking about mechanical depth or difficulty), and that isn't just about an overall increase in production value (bigger textures, higher polycounts) or a general increase in scope. We have a plethora of things we take for granted or baseline these days, which means building a new engine for every game isn't economically viable.

a catch all for the previous letters
Narcissistic behavior

Don't thank me.
Stop using me to beg for for attention, cur, and talk about the damn game.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Now all this thread needs is Deliterius sperging about builds for it to become completely unreadable. Good job.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't think build autism can exist for 5e it is too easy and streamlined.

Maybe builds focused on some kind of OP items?

Silverfish

Arbiter
Now, there are people who long for it so much that when a completely unrelated game has a sequel, they're pining for it to be more like Oblivion. smh

Give me a break, man. I just like the dumbass pie chart speech minigame.

These mainstream games have regressed so much we don't so much as have a Day / Night even as just a COSMETIC. But you keep handwaving it away while trying to argue semantics about "What is an RPG?"

These are computer games running on modern day hardware, get out of here with these bullshit excuses.

Modern PCs / consoles struggling to keep up with Nintendo 64 games. Oldfags, we won.

Did Outer Worlds have choices and reactivity?

No. More than once, I completed quests without actually doing what was asked of me and no one cared or brought it up after the fact.

what the fuck is a cloaca

It's that annual concert. I think Beyonce's performing this year.

Arbiter

Scholar
I have not been following BG3 news for months. Here's what I learned by reading this thread over last several days:
- no day-night cycle
- bear sex scene
- a new trailer showcases gay romance scenes instead of game mechanics

Thanks, I'll pass.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I don't think build autism can exist for 5e it is too easy and streamlined.

Maybe builds focused on some kind of OP items?
The fextralife video seemed to indicate that you're right that OP items are probably going to be a big part of min-max builds, apparently there are a lot of items with unique situational skills on top of 'boost stat to 16-18' stuff to help multiclassers

Beans00

Erudite
Possibly Retarded
My pc is too shit to play bg3, and I didn't care for the DOS games or larian so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

For people bitching about wokeness ect, do you guys realize or remember BG2 literally starts with meeting minsc who had just hidden boo(his hamster) up his asshole?

ZhW3Loa.png

Some people will come with with different head cannon but with a proper strip search and pat down there is literally no other place the hamster could have hidden except his stomach, which is far less likely. It is confirmed a proper strip search was conducted because no characters have any weapons armour or items on them.

The only explanation is a full body cavity search was not conducted because irenicus likely wasn't concerned about narcotics or illicit substances, especially from a non magic user.

tldr; Minsc shoved boo up his ass to hide him from irenicus

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
My pc is too shit to play bg3, and I didn't care for the DOS games or larian so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

For people bitching about wokeness ect, do you guys realize or remember BG2 literally starts with meeting minsc who had just hidden boo up his asshole?

ZhW3Loa.png

Some people will come with with different head cannon but with a proper strip search and pat down there is literally no other place the hamster could have hidden except his stomach, which is far less likely. It is confirmed a proper strip search was conducted because no characters have any weapons armour or items on them.

The only explanation is a full body cavity search was not conducted because irenicus likely wasn't concerned about narcotics or illicit substances, especially from a non magic user.

Boo was an Assplomancer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom