Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

bobocrunch

Educated
This game is so goofy. You can treat goblins of all beings seriously and worth your attention. Goblins. In a world in which defined races compete for resources, prejudice makes sense. That is, killing goblins on sight is the right choice for a civilized man. But choosing otherwise is fun. This chaotic choice of walking into a goblin camp and dicking around with them while Tiefling children are dying. What percentage of RPGs in the last thirty years would force you to save the Tieflings and/or the Druids as the only option? You would get killed and forced to reload for even attempting diplomacy with the third side in the vast majority of cases. The insane ones that get lots of praise like Fallout and Arcanum do let you do unorthodox and wild things. But accomplishing what you want in those games takes so much trial, error, and reload. This game at least in early access treats this path like a no-brainer. Why wouldn't you just walk in? You're a True Soul.

You can't even see my character's face in this screenshot. That's how low of a race the goblins are.
3HpIEoZ.jpeg
This convinced me to play a bad guy halfling, gonna make all the 5'11 goblins break their necks staring at my 6'1 frame

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well, hate for gays irl mostly stems from religions. But If you had beholders, trolls, disgusting drows, goblins and 69 gods that are all proven to be real- someone fucking another man in the ass would be the least of your concerns.
Religion can be looked in two ways:
#1 God is real and you are really damning your soul to eternal hell by going against God's rules
#2 Religion is set of rules by ancient people based on best practices of good life. You are fucking up your life by going against it. Even with techological advances humans are still same inside.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Well, hate for gays irl mostly stems from religions. But If you had beholders, trolls, disgusting drows, goblins and 69 gods that are all proven to be real- someone fucking another man in the ass would be the least of your concerns.
#1 God is real and you are really damning your soul to eternal hell by going against God's rules
#2 Religion is set of rules by ancient people based on best practices of good life. You are fucking up your life by going against it.
#2 is my bet- write a bunch of rules so people don’t die or kill each other as often and sell it to them as path to eternal bliss in the afterlife.

Can what they have in D&D even be called a religion? If you know god is real as a fact there is no Faith at all.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
#2 Religion is set of rules by ancient people based on best practices of good life. You are fucking up your life by going against it.
#2 is my bet- write a bunch of rules so people don’t die or kill each other as often and sell it to them as path to eternal bliss in the afterlife.

Can what they have in D&D even be called a religion? If you know god is real as a fact there is no Faith at all.
Just as in RPGs, with time normies dilute the rules so they can fit their fetishes and pass them as normal. And it's a trickling process from the rich and powerful to the plebs.

Yosharian

Arcane
#2 Religion is set of rules by ancient people based on best practices of good life. You are fucking up your life by going against it. Even with techological advances humans are still same inside.
1: there's no more evidence for the existence of any of the major deities than there is for the flying spaghetti monster. When will you accept the FSM as your personal saviour and avoid eternal damnation?

2: ah yes, those ancient and best practices such as "don't eat shrimp", where would be we without those absolute gems

Let's not forget some more classics from the Bible:

- if you sin without knowing, kill a ram 'without defect and of the proper value in silver, according to the sanctuary shekel' as a 'guilt offering'. Animal sacrifice: absolving idiots of their sins since the dawn of time!

- cut off parts of your dick!

- kill your son if the voices in your head tell you to! ( A certified hood classic)

- don't eat pigs!

- don't have long hair otherwise you're a disgrace! (Some other religions say you may not cut your hair - they're obsessed!)

- don't wear clothes made from two different materials!

- I had to quote this one it's so farcical: "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard"

- menstrual blood is scary fucking shit, anyone who touches it is tainted. Oh and anything the woman sits on is tainted as well - no sniffing those seats you fucking perverts!

- buy slaves and treat them like property!

- guys with crushed balls / severed dicks are not welcome in church!

Last edited:

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
The practices of those people varied massively by nation though, asceticism and/ or abstinence was a common theme in some religions but there are also plenty where cannibalism, loose sexual morals (shared women and open homosexuality) and human sacrifice were present. People in the past weren't any wiser than us, they were adapted to their specific environments and made rules that worked for them.

Yosharian

Arcane
Jokes aside of course some practices that are ancient have merit, but acting like this justifies, or has anything to do with religion is... well, a fucking joke.

Yosharian

Arcane
I don't know about you guys but I feel like I just haven't started the day properly unless I've lopped off chunks of my dick and sacrificed my firstborn to the invisible man in the sky.
But do you deny the fact the west is in crisis due to the lack or religion in their life?
I think Western civilization is in crisis for a whole load of reasons, only some of which have anything to do with the lack of 'ancient practices'.

Eastern civilization is hardly faring much better.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I don't know about you guys but I feel like I just haven't started the day properly unless I've lopped off chunks of my dick and sacrificed my firstborn to the invisible man in the sky.
But do you deny the fact the west is in crisis due to the lack or religion in their life?
I think Western civilization is in crisis for a whole load of reasons, only some of which have anything to do with the lack of 'ancient practices'.

Eastern civilization is hardly faring much better.
True but most eastern civilizations are also godless though.

Gradenmayer

Learned
People in Vatican and a lot of other churches still uphold their ancient practice of fucking little kids. Lets not pretend that religion doesn’t spread degeneracy.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
People in Vatican and a lot of other churches still uphold their ancient practice of fucking little kids. Lets not pretend that religion doesn’t spread degeneracy.
Nobody denies the retardation of certain religions and abuses but I would wager religion had a net positive impact on society, especially compared to where we are headed now.

Nietzsche already predicted this 150 years ago.

Man and society needs some form of moral code and spirtuality to fill the void and defeat nihilistic tendencies, religion was the solution for that. What do we have now?

La vie sexuelle

Learned

This stereotype is created by media to took attention from their rape islands.

Nobody denies the retardation of certain religions and abuses but I would wager religion had a net positive impact on society, especially compared to where we are headed now.

Nietzsche already predicted this 150 years ago.

Man and society needs some form of moral code and spirtuality to fill the void and defeat nihilistic tendencies, religion was the solution for that. What do we have now?

Vague belief in progress that give us concentration camps and other horrors of modernity :greatjob:

Percy

Cipher
Sure, some boys got fucked (which makes the Priests poofters and being gay is a sin) but the best parts of our modern world were shaped when religion had a heavy influence on our life.

Compare it to the present, where kids still get fucked and in greater numbers by public school teachers and they're actively transforming kids under the guidance of the state religion of lgbtqcthulhu into genderless mentally ill abominations.

Yep, cutting off the whole dick and sacrificing first, second and potentially third born to the false idols of careers, cock carousel or just because it's inconvenient is much better.

serch

Magister
Bear scene is 'tasteful' End the hate!

Speaking of human emotions, love, lust and romance are a key part of Baldur's Gate 3, which allows players to flirt and build relationships with female or male companions.
This included Jennifer and Devora's characters, and it meant acting out some potentially awkward love scenes.
Devora says she was pleased game developer Larian employed specially trained intimacy co-ordinators to make sure actors feel comfortable during romantic scenes.
While common in film production, Baldur's Gate 3 maker Larian believes they're one of the first to use them on a traditional video game, and say they hope others will follow their lead.
Prove
You might've seen viral posts about a love scene involving a human character that shapeshifts into a bear.
Larian says a reveal of the scene on TikTok got them temporarily banned from the platform.
But Devora thinks it's hilarious.
"It just shows you how crazy in the best possible way this game is."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom