Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Weird how bear fucking discussion transitioned to m'ladys agressively tipping their fedoras.
23810.jpg

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
What do we have now?
The worst parts of religion, on fast track to redo all its horrors under the guise of 'science' without any of the upsides. Detractors of religion are quick to point out its failings but usually fail to draw comparisons once the word 'scripture' is replaced with 'science'.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Does anyone actually like Haer'Dalis? This cunt just talks all the time.

As I go through more playthroughs I tend to favour Henchmen who just shut up and do what they are supposed to.

Korgan is very based.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I never like Haer, but I gotta say I gain newfound respect for his writing when I watch other writers' attempts at creating the poet archetype. Haer is actually pretty believably written as a larger-than-life poet.

MasPingon

Arcane
I don't know about you guys but I feel like I just haven't started the day properly unless I've lopped off chunks of my dick and sacrificed my firstborn to the invisible man in the sky.
But do you deny the fact the west is in crisis due to the lack or religion in their life?
People in Vatican and a lot of other churches still uphold their ancient practice of fucking little kids. Lets not pretend that religion doesn’t spread degeneracy.
Nobody denies the retardation of certain religions and abuses but I would wager religion had a net positive impact on society, especially compared to where we are headed now.

Nietzsche already predicted this 150 years ago.

Man and society needs some form of moral code and spirtuality to fill the void and defeat nihilistic tendencies, religion was the solution for that. What do we have now?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I don't know about you guys but I feel like I just haven't started the day properly unless I've lopped off chunks of my dick and sacrificed my firstborn to the invisible man in the sky.
But do you deny the fact the west is in crisis due to the lack or religion in their life?
People in Vatican and a lot of other churches still uphold their ancient practice of fucking little kids. Lets not pretend that religion doesn’t spread degeneracy.
Nobody denies the retardation of certain religions and abuses but I would wager religion had a net positive impact on society, especially compared to where we are headed now.

Nietzsche already predicted this 150 years ago.

Man and society needs some form of moral code and spirtuality to fill the void and defeat nihilistic tendencies, religion was the solution for that. What do we have now?
1690285243964.png

Gradenmayer

Learned
What do we have now?
The worst parts of religion, on fast track to redo all its horrors under the guise of 'science' without any of the upsides. Detractors of religion are quick to point out its failings but usually fail to draw comparisons once the word 'scripture' is replaced with 'science'.
I will take modern cult of pseudoscience over religions of the old any day. I can disagree with or shit on someone who uses retarded arguments that don’t have any research behind them without getting hanged, burned, stoned or tortured to death as a result.

You fuckers haven’t lived in heavily religious society if you think that shit is good for human development of any kind.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
Bear scene is 'tasteful' End the hate!

Speaking of human emotions, love, lust and romance are a key part of Baldur's Gate 3, which allows players to flirt and build relationships with female or male companions.
This included Jennifer and Devora's characters, and it meant acting out some potentially awkward love scenes.
Devora says she was pleased game developer Larian employed specially trained intimacy co-ordinators to make sure actors feel comfortable during romantic scenes.
While common in film production, Baldur's Gate 3 maker Larian believes they're one of the first to use them on a traditional video game, and say they hope others will follow their lead.
Prove
You might've seen viral posts about a love scene involving a human character that shapeshifts into a bear.
Larian says a reveal of the scene on TikTok got them temporarily banned from the platform.
But Devora thinks it's hilarious.
"It just shows you how crazy in the best possible way this game is."
People have such poor social skills now that pro actors need to triangulate a "specially trained" and salaried employee to help them smooch and cuddle correctly lol

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
What do we have now?
I will take modern cult of pseudoscience over religions of the old any day. I can disagree with or shit on someone who uses retarded arguments that don’t have any research behind them without getting hanged, burned, stoned or tortured to death as a result.

You fuckers haven’t lived in heavily religious society if you think that shit is good for human development of any kind.
No sh*t religious extremism is bad, that's a given. The problem is the other side now. We're living in the godless liberal extreme in the west.

We need balance, not too conservative nor too liberal.

A religion is crucial in this conundrum, Nietzsche's "Ubermensch" solution is impossible for most of humanity.

Last edited:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath

You need to think about the global population before you make these kind of idealistic comments. 90% of humanity have two digit I.Qs they need religion with extreme punishments getting your hands cut off for stealing or thrown off a building for being a faggot. These are good things. You cannot give freedom to idiots, it doesn't work.

Whites are what 8% of the global population? Guess what their Rick and Morty faggot society is killing them very fast. The people who will still be around in a thousand years will be medieval warrior religion zealots and they'll still be throwing rocks at fags and honour killing whores.

Tl;Dr Billions must die.

We need balance, not too conservative nor too liberal.
Ok, chud. Let me make it clear for you. In this house, we believe:
Orc lives matter
Body Type 2 rights are human rights
No ability score is illegal
RAW is real
Love is a chemical reaction and your existence is a meaningless offering to entropy
Kindness is everything
You guys think there will be more companions in the game beyond what was shown?
Probably not, even the less developed hirelings are already fixed at 12 for release. I'm sure there will be DLC, though.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
No, you see they *could* put in 20 companions and give them a little personality. They chime in now and then, they maybe bicker with other companions who are ideologically opposed, sweet and simple. Then you could also probably find enough non-cringe in the bunch to fill out a party. Unfortunately everyone needs their own special drama, tragic backstory and 80 hours of made-for-tv voice acted dialogue so you're stuck with 8 teen fiction freaks and 2 of the worst characters from the original games.

notpl

Arbiter

As I go through more playthroughs I tend to favour Henchmen who just shut up and do what they are supposed to.

Korgan is very based.
I think he's wonderfully written as a smug prick. And Blades are a top-tier class.

MasPingon

Arcane
How many companions are furries, zoophiliacs or other kind of sexual creeps? Do I have to sell to slavers all of them or just those faggots from a bear clip?

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

Korgan is very based.
I think he's wonderfully written as a smug prick. And Blades are a top-tier class.
I'm sorry but Blades are garbage, you need to read my awesome retrospective on BGII.

Steezus

Savant
Patron

Korgan is very based.
I'm sorry but Blades are garbage, you need to read my awesome retrospective on BGII.

Haer'Dalis is like the second best tank in BG2.

You need to think about the global population before you make these kind of idealistic comments. 90% of humanity have two digit I.Qs they need religion with extreme punishments getting your hands cut off for stealing or thrown off a building for being a faggot. These are good things. You cannot give freedom to idiots, it doesn't work.

Whites are what 8% of the global population? Guess what their Rick and Morty faggot society is killing them very fast. The people who will still be around in a thousand years will be medieval warrior religion zealots and they'll still be throwing rocks at fags and honour killing whores.

Tl;Dr Billions must die.
even average or high intelligence people still need religion to stop the excesses of society like elective penectomies/castrations, pride parades or inviting the raiders to rape and kill our women while we pay them with tax money, due to bullying from supranational organizations.

Incendax

Augur
You guys think there will be more companions in the game beyond what was shown?
I'm betting there are 2 more non-origin companions waiting in later chapters. That brings it up to 6 and 6, but we probably won't encounter them until level 8+. For all their shenanigans, I can't see Larian failing to put in at least one Halfling/Gnome/Dwarf or otherwise short companion. And having them join at later levels means less content they had to create.

One of them might be scheduled for DLC though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom