Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gradenmayer

Learned
If you told me this was from some Larian game, I’d never assume you are lying.
I feel like people who only know about Larian from cringe screenshots will get shell-shocked when they see the kind of morbid sadism they are capable of writing. Like in DOS2, the whore punished by binding her soul into an iron maiden torture device, begging men who pass near to enter her, spill their life liquid into her. Like the ghost who was stuck in the world of the living, because he was a pedo and is scared of what will happen if he continues to the other world. Like those "womb of demons" comments randomly from a joke character.
The most impactful moment for me was when you walk into demon’s den as Lohse and it shows you one candle per room with stolen soul, that you snuff out to make the demon weaker, only for you to walk into the last room that has hundreds of them.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
I feel like people who only know about Larian from cringe screenshots will get shell-shocked when they see the kind of morbid sadism they are capable of writing. Like in DOS2, the whore punished by binding her soul into an iron maiden torture device, begging men who pass near to enter her, spill their life liquid into her. Like the ghost who was stuck in the world of the living, because he was a pedo and is scared of what will happen if he continues to the other world. Like those "womb of demons" comments randomly from a joke character.
You're telling me that *isn't* cringe writing??

jaekl

Learned
Patron
and the the succubus had her boobs popped with a million flaming toothpicks and all the other demons drank the blood milk and peed on the succubus and the succubus was a pedophile and a gay pedophile and she was raped forever. THE END.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
and the the succubus had her boobs popped with a million flaming toothpicks and all the other demons drank the blood milk and peed on the succubus and the succubus was a pedophile and a gay pedophile and she was raped forever. THE END.
A post made by some who prides himself on not liking things, and works very hard to not like things.
Get this broken buck outta here.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
A post made by some who prides himself on not liking things, and works very hard to not like things.
Get this broken buck outta here.
I demand the very best for my money!

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Following the latest update, they have just changed the EULA — two years after the release.
And then they backtracked, removed the spyware and changed the EULA back to the original one because of the players' outrage.
A win for the gaming community. Meanwhile at Larian:

afbeelding.png

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I think Anomen is better than Jaheria for tanking because he can use flails.

Just Defender of Easthaven and armour of faith and he has loads of physical immunity.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Some quests in BG2 did make good use of there being a day/night cycle. It's a responsibility of the quest designer to utilize it.

1690296809181.png

Herumor

Scholar
The most impactful moment for me was when you walk into demon’s den as Lohse and it shows you one candle per room with stolen soul, that you snuff out to make the demon weaker, only for you to walk into the last room that has hundreds of them.
And now with a picture:
oN2UXp7.jpg

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
And now with a picture:
oN2UXp7.jpg
The picture doesn't do it justice. The build with how you see a candle, and in the next room I think it was 4 candles. and you are thinking hmmm I'm killing multiple people here to save one, and then THAT room. And of course Lohse has the Rain spell.
Great moment, and if this was done in an old game that people like to praise, it would be seen as gaming gold, like Kreia's monologues or something. But because people like to hate Larian, its ignored.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
I never used the pregenerated characters for DoS2 and I've beaten it a few times. Why the fuck would I want to be a girl and not only that a dumb bard slag to boot?

Might as well just cut off my balls and face.

Herumor

Scholar
I never used the pregenerated characters for DoS2 and I've beaten it a few times. Why the fuck would I want to be a girl and not only that a dumb bard slag to boot?
You see that even when playing your own custom character, I know because I played one and I got to see the above picture as well.

Modron

Arcane
No, for that you need to wait 3+ years for the Definitive Edition, 50+ patches and Mods.
Then wait another 3 years for the 75% off version but they only go as low as 50% so you wait a couple more and then just lose interest in even getting the game.

Incendax

Augur

Looks like the cringe dialogues in BG3 are actually just a part of being faithful to the original Baldur’s Gate after all.
Yeah. Lots of people bitched about Larian being too comedic for the "serious" BG game line. But BG has always been stuffed full of silly references and jokes.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Posts like these occupy the empty space between satire and insecurity, and I am not sure how to read them.
Usually if you say the words out loud it helps you could also point to the words as you say them. Easier for you now?
Yes, it helped, thanks. I can now properly read that you are a faggot, and scared to come to terms with it.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Yes, it helped, thanks. I can now properly read that you are a faggot, and scared to come to terms with it.

I've never done anything gay not even once. Well besides play BG3... and play as an Elf. Okay I've only done two gay things. But it doesn't count because it was on a videogame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom