Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I don't know about you guys but I feel like I just haven't started the day properly unless I've lopped off chunks of my dick and sacrificed my firstborn to the invisible man in the sky.
But do you deny the fact the west is in crisis due to the lack or religion in their life?
People in Vatican and a lot of other churches still uphold their ancient practice of fucking little kids. Lets not pretend that religion doesn’t spread degeneracy.
No, they do this because church was easiest to infiltrate by pedophiles for centuries due to their social position, authority and accesd to small children.
But that is changing now that Church lost a lot of its previous power, now pedoes go into schools and other such places.
They still go into government positions and churches, just like they always did.

Your angs agains religion is equaly repetitive an dsimplified as your opinons about RPG.

You see that even when playing your own custom character, I know because I played one and I got to see the above picture as well.

I only took Sebille with me. The other ones died for some reason.

Have you played as her?

BGII lacks reactivity if you walk into the Helm temple as a Cleric of Helm. Bah.

BG2 never cared about your class (expect Strongholds).

Gradenmayer

Learned
I don't know about you guys but I feel like I just haven't started the day properly unless I've lopped off chunks of my dick and sacrificed my firstborn to the invisible man in the sky.
But do you deny the fact the west is in crisis due to the lack or religion in their life?
People in Vatican and a lot of other churches still uphold their ancient practice of fucking little kids. Lets not pretend that religion doesn’t spread degeneracy.
No, they do this because church was easiest to infiltrate by pedophiles for centuries due to their social position, authority and accesd to small children.
But that is changing now that Church lost a lot of its previous power, now pedoes go into schools and other such places.
They still go into government positions and churches, just like they always did.

Your angs agains religion is equaly repetitive and simplyfiead as your opinons about RPG.

You see that even when playing your own custom character, I know because I played one and I got to see the above picture as well.

Have you played as her?

BGII lacks reactivity if you walk into the Helm temple as a Cleric of Helm. Bah.

Yes, I am a simple man: I like good RPGs and don’t like being brainwashed, be it religion, government or any other retard.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Your angs agains religion is equaly repetitive and simplyfiead as your opinons about RPG.

Have you played as her?

Yes, I am a simple man: I like good RPGs and don’t like being brainwashed, be it religion, government or any other retard.

Yes, you are very smart and rational person.

Lamiosa

Educated
i7saZNI.jpg

Gradenmayer

Learned

Have you played as her?

Yes, you are very smart and rational person.
I am also handsome, humble and well versed in warhammer lore.

Silverfish

Arbiter
We are on the road to page 1000.

Late Bloomer ( :obviously: ) hasn't posted in a bit. His next collection of thirstposts may put us over the top.

The most impactful moment for me was when you walk into demon’s den as Lohse and it shows you one candle per room with stolen soul, that you snuff out to make the demon weaker, only for you to walk into the last room that has hundreds of them.
And now with a picture:
oN2UXp7.jpg

Can you just cast the rainfall spell in there?

Gradenmayer

Learned
We are on the road to page 1000.

Late Bloomer ( :obviously: ) hasn't posted in a bit. His next collection of thirstposts may put us over the top.

The most impactful moment for me was when you walk into demon’s den as Lohse and it shows you one candle per room with stolen soul, that you snuff out to make the demon weaker, only for you to walk into the last room that has hundreds of them.
And now with a picture:
oN2UXp7.jpg

Can you just cast the rainfall spell in there?
Yep, you can snuff them all out with rain.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Does anyone actually like Haer'Dalis? This cunt just talks all the time.

As I go through more playthroughs I tend to favour Henchmen who just shut up and do what they are supposed to.

Korgan is very based.
I think he's wonderfully written as a smug prick. And Blades are a top-tier class.
I'm sorry but Blades are garbage, you need to read my awesome retrospective on BGII.

Haer'Dalis is like the second best tank in BG2.

Minsc, Anomen, Keldorn, Korgan, are all better. Also, why is a class called "Blade" tanking? And finally, Haer'Dalis is gay.
Jaheira is the only tank that's better than Haer'Dalis, which you didn't even name.

You know, you can just say you're shit an the game

Lol of course you like Jaheira. You really like the gay guy and the biggest bitch in Faerun.

Also, the idea of "tanking" in BG2 is kind of ridiculous considering there is no meaningful way to control enemy attention. "Tanking," as commonly understood, really only applies in games where you can control aggro and/or engagement. There's not really a mechanic for this in BG2, which is why you can run past enemies and just wail on casters, or just keep your own casters out of range and have almost nothing to worry about.

Anyway, Jaheira can be a tough character if you load her up with a bunch of shit and cast Iron Skins, but who cares? She does not have the survivability of an Anomen or Korgan. Towards the end of the game you can easily get Anomen, Korgan, Keldorn, or Minsc down -10 AC or lower. The only reason to have her in your party is for Call Lightning and her insect spells which can wreck enemy casters. Otherwise, there is no reason to put up with her boss-bitch nonsense.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The only rpg that made martial arts look cool was jade empire. I agree that monks were a mistake in DnD, they don't fit the theme of the setting at all.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Imagine training whole life to be an assassin-rogue. You get a mark and then have to learn perfect route to your target, place fake evidence, learn guard schedule and etc. You go to do your job, but some edgy hobo martial artist who is also after your mark just teleports and explodes them with a bitchslap.
No weapons to track, no sound, no wounds and no identifiable body if necessary.

Why do rogues exist again? Ah yes, lockpicking duty and stabbing disabled people.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
A reminder that samurai is literally a fighter subclass in 5e.

Why is it named after a japanese hereditary warrior caste? Nobody knows.

It's like why are the Tau in 40k?

Sometimes IPs just go through a weird weeb phase, just like people.

Gradenmayer

Learned
The only rpg that made martial arts look cool was jade empire. I agree that monks were a mistake in DnD, they don't fit the theme of the setting at all.
I think Pillars of Eternity 2 had very good monk design as well. Turning your wounds into power sounds way more badass than whatever base dnd monk does.

Shadow monks and 4 elements monks are both cool, but I really dislike the rest - it looks like it they fell out from Wuxia by accident.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
you can dump 2 levels into rogue so you get cunning action dash that way and run into respec guy faster

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Why is it named after a japanese hereditary warrior caste? Nobody knows.

It's like why are the Tau in 40k?

Sometimes IPs just go through a weird weeb phase, just like people.
The Tau are literally a reflection of the humans in their Dark Age of technology phase, they make far more sense than the random Samurai or Ninja in a middle age fantasy.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

You have to admit there's something extremely funny about a European-styled knight practicing unsheathing attacks with longsword.

Even more hilarious, they'll look like this dude but be from Waterdeep or some shit. I wish they had unsheathing attacks. That would actually be an interesting mechanic.

1690312889498.png

Welcome to Fighter, the lamest martial class.

What you think fighter is like: being a heroic manly man, the rock of the party, arguably most iconic class of the game

What fighter actually is: lame features, poor combat ability, poor utility, fails at being meatshield

Just go Barbarian or Paladin instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom