Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've spent a lot of time thinking about it, and I'm still torn between dwarf bard and dwarf paladin. My heart says paladin, but my brain says bard.

What does your dick say?
The heart wants a tender paladin. But the booty dreams of a rough barbarian!
You say Paladin, I think Crusader. Nothing tender there
There is no such class in BG3

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I've spent a lot of time thinking about it, and I'm still torn between dwarf bard and dwarf paladin. My heart says paladin, but my brain says bard.

What does your dick say?
The heart wants a tender paladin. But the booty dreams of a rough barbarian!
You say Paladin, I think Crusader. Nothing tender there
There is no such class in BG3
I meant I consider Paladins to be basically D&Ds equivalent to Crusaders, fanatics basically

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Hal-elf bard is great for fir playthrough thanks to many persuasion options and being "vanilla" race. You can also get a bit of all game systems without being overwhelmed. Besides, first time is more for screwing with the unpredictability of the game than doing things in own way.

Playing as half-elf bard is not gay as long you play as a girl.

Barbarian

Arcane
I'm probably going to try goolock first because I'm curious to see how they implement a great old one patron, especially since they suggested there would be some sort of patron interactions, although I suspect that fiendlock will end up better fleshed out in that regard

I'm not confident they will add much in the way of patron interactions. They have made it clear you will be able to invoke your patron for help during some checks and such, but I doubt there will be much more than that.

I would bet serious money for instance you won't be able to pick a specific patron or physically interact with it in any way(i.e: the patron won't actually show up in the game or change anything of importance). They have a lot of resources but not that much. It will be just a voice in your head on some specifc interactions you can ask for help and that is it. Won't even have a name or specific identity beyond "archfey" or "fiend". The exception is the Wyll origin off course.

Plus it will be very schizo having another noncorporeal entity interacting with your mind besides the tadpole. Convoluted even.

Barbarian

Arcane
Hal-elf bard is great for fir playthrough thanks to many persuasion options and being "vanilla" race. You can also get a bit of all game systems without being overwhelmed. Besides, first time is more for screwing with the unpredictability of the game than doing things in own way.

Playing as a female character is gay and always has been.

Bros playing Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat in the 90s would never pick Kitana or Chun-Li for instance. Unless they were gay.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Bros playing Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat in the 90s would never pick Kitana or Chun-Li for instance. Unless they were gay.

Why?

just

Liturgist

thats triple gay
double gay cancels out, but triple is gay again, sorry

Barbarian

Arcane

Why?

Because you are "role playing" a female. Why would you want that unless you were gay?

Silverfish

Arbiter
I mentioned this in the other thread, but Dark Urge - Tiefling - Fiendlock is the true path.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Why?

Because you are "role playing" a female. Why would you want that unless you were gay?

yeah why would you roleplay as a man in a dress unless you're gay too

ERYFKRAD was right all along then

La vie sexuelle

Learned

thats triple gay
double gay cancels out, but triple is gay again, sorry

Some say that magic is gay, so this is fourth. Check-mate.

Why?

I don't "role playing". I'm just picking options I like and checking reactions. I don't immerse in fiction.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1690388791015.png

Gloom Stalker. :terminate:

Barbarian

Arcane

Why?

Dresses are not necessarily gay.

mel-gibson-em-cena-de-coracao-valente-1995-1331587154304_615x300.jpg

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Why?

mel-gibson-em-cena-de-coracao-valente-1995-1331587154304_615x300.jpg

1. It's not a dress.

2. Mages have robes.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Why?

that sounds a lot like something a gay person would say

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Why?

I like thinking that some person from outside quickly get into page 1000 and see this conversation.

Barbarian

Arcane
Homo bros who want to "roleplay" cute half-elf chicks and romance buff bear druid getting very butthurt atm.

Not gay at all, no sir.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Why?

I like thinking that some person from outside quickly get into page 1000 and see this conversation.

why

3/4s of the thread is this

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Homo bros who want to "roleplay" cute half-elf chicks and romance buff bear druid getting very butthurt atm.

Not gay at all, no sir.

No, I move my pretty figurine from point to point and romance Shadowheart in between.

Why?

why

3/4s of the thread is this

Yes, but page 1000 is magical. It's symbol of the thread.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I'm probably going to try goolock first because I'm curious to see how they implement a great old one patron, especially since they suggested there would be some sort of patron interactions, although I suspect that fiendlock will end up better fleshed out in that regard

I'm not confident they will add much in the way of patron interactions. They have made it clear you will be able to invoke your patron for help during some checks and such, but I doubt there will be much more than that.

I would bet serious money for instance you won't be able to pick a specific patron or physically interact with it in any way. They have a lot of resources but not that much. It will be just a voice in your head on some specifc interactions you can ask for help and that is it. The exception is the Wyll origin off course.

Plus it will be very schizo having another noncorporeal entity interacting with your mind besides the tadpole. Convoluted even.
Yeah that's reasonable, I wouldn't expect it to appear physically or anything but I'd still like to see what they have it intervene for even if it is just some flavour dialogue in your head or a feeling here and there

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom