Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Modron

Arcane
Post the one where he is standing on his tippy toes not to seem short next to Linda Carter and others.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Does this game have the same terrible inventory system of the last Divinity game? Or have Larian gotten their act together on that?

Gradenmayer

Learned
Owlcat balance is fucking garbage and any DM that designed encounters like they do would get the shit beat out of him IRL.
BG3 will have garbage balance too due to the retarded homebrew changes. It’s going to require an autistic modder to save this if it’s even possible. At least the actual encounters are not riddled with RtwP shit design so it’s not an impossible task.

I was reading about "karmic dice" feature they came up with. What a load of crap.

Thankfully it can be turned off.
Eh, it will slightly fudge them in your favour if you fail like 4-6 rolls in a row.
Your average DM would do the same.

But if you keep them on- you are a pussy.
Nevermind, turns out that this system also works for enemy, making the game actually significantly harder for tanky builds, easier for low AC classes and having neutral effect for the rest.

If you have the "karmic dice" setting enabled, enemies will hit (and crit) you significantly more often. The effect increases with your armor class. With an AC of 23 you will take 4x more damage than you should at this AC - making any tank build effectively useless. (charts in the provided link at the bottom)
Redditard overreacts, but Karmic Dice is actually quite a based system.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Sirs, please rate my waifu/10 thx

afbeelding.png

ferratilis

Magister
Remember that in modern games, every "woman" could be packing a secret hot dog. Don't fall for Swen's tricks, avoid romances at all costs.

Also, don't pet any animals.

Reina

Arcane
So, is it a Larian game with DnD influences, or a DnD game with Larian influences? I intend to wait for a sale anyway, but if it's just reskinned Divinity, then maybe it's worth a skip.

Goldschmidt

Learned
So, is it a Larian game with DnD influences, or a DnD game with Larian influences? I intend to wait for a sale anyway, but if it's just reskinned Divinity, then maybe it's worth a skip.
Game of the year, easily. RPG of the decade. New gold standard.
Wowowowow. Don't go too hard. RPG of the decade will be for Path of Exile 2.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Does this game have the same terrible inventory system of the last Divinity game? Or have Larian gotten their act together on that?

Exact same except for some minor convenience features. I tend to enjoy all the Ultimate-style shuffling around and sorting, but it definitely isn’t made with QoL in mind

Last edited:

Aphex81

Scholar
It can't even be better than DOS 1 or 2 since DnD combat is straight up inferior in the same way that DAO had better combat than BG1+2. People loved those games despite the combat not because of it. That's why all those nostalgia wankfests bomb, they refuse to improve the formula.

Yosharian

Arcane
It can't even be better than DOS 1 or 2 since DnD combat is straight up inferior in the same way that DAO had better combat than BG1+2. People loved those games despite the combat not because of it. That's why all those nostalgia wankfests bomb, they refuse to improve the formula.
Really you think 5E is inferior to DOS2's abominable combat system? Are you high?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Really you think 5E is inferior to DOS2's abominable combat system? Are you high?

Man thinks RtwP AD&D is similar to TB 5E. What kind of answer do you expect

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom