Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saravan

Savant
Owlcat balance is fucking garbage and any DM that designed encounters like they do would get the shit beat out of him IRL.
BG3 will have garbage balance too due to the retarded homebrew changes. It’s going to require an autistic modder to save this if it’s even possible. At least the actual encounters are not riddled with RtwP shit design so it’s not an impossible task.

just

Liturgist
we cannot have 2 actions in a turn absolutely abhorrent
i'll step up to the task and msg sawyer on tumblr to ask him to make a balance mod
it's not like he's doing anything

Barbarian

Arcane
Owlcat balance is fucking garbage and any DM that designed encounters like they do would get the shit beat out of him IRL.
BG3 will have garbage balance too due to the retarded homebrew changes. It’s going to require an autistic modder to save this if it’s even possible. At least the actual encounters are not riddled with RtwP shit design so it’s not an impossible task.

I was reading about "karmic dice" feature they came up with. What a load of crap.

Thankfully it can be turned off.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Given what I've seen in EA and Larian's track record in terms of design decisions I fully expect the actual game to suck ass in terms of balance and enjoyability, but I'm also at peace to some extent because most (not all) of the problems will be solvable by mods. One I've already used multiple times in EA is "DnD Rebalancing Mod".
I mean, yeah. That and the fact that it's already 5E trash has me mostly ok with it.

If they can avoid the Wrath of the Tranny route of putting LGBT faggotry in the main story and all the NPCs, I might be able to enjoy it.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Anything is better than a retarded Owlcat design.
No wonder they don't want to move the 2e because then they would have to actually take care of the fight design instead of just pumping the AC to the limit.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I was reading about "karmic dice" feature they came up with. What a load of crap.
Another feature that should be blamed on playtesters and/or Early Access.

People whined about the rolls failing too often so Larian rigged them to give higher outcomes.

There is such a thing as listening to your fans too much. It's a shame they paid zero attention to the meltdowns on the Steam forums when they announced the pronoun shit and added tranny cock to character creation.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
If they can avoid the Wrath of the Tranny route of putting LGBT faggotry in the main story and all the NPCs, I might be able to enjoy it.
1690358446662.png

Gradenmayer

Learned

Thankfully it can be turned off.
Eh, it will slightly fudge them in your favour if you fail like 4-6 rolls in a row.
Your average DM would do the same.

But if you keep them on- you are a pussy.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
1690358446662-png.39243
You have to romance or play Astarion to see him get into any faggotry. You have to seek out the gay content in order to be offended by it.

Not the same as having a tranny be the first character you talk to in WotR, and then being forced to sit through a makeout scene with his orc wife.

Again though, this is talking about the story. The game itself puts tranny dick in character creation.

Saravan

Savant
Given what I've seen in EA and Larian's track record in terms of design decisions I fully expect the actual game to suck ass in terms of balance and enjoyability, but I'm also at peace to some extent because most (not all) of the problems will be solvable by mods. One I've already used multiple times in EA is "DnD Rebalancing Mod".
I mean, yeah. That and the fact that it's already 5E trash has me mostly ok with it.

Lmao the companions are confirmed woke dogshit and nobody expected otherwise. The saving grace proposition has always been fun combat (turn based, verticality, use of good AI which Larian already proved they could accomplish). Sure 5e was not the ideal system but it’s better than adding in overpowered game-breaking rule adjustments which they have done but didn’t have to.

Barbarian

Arcane
1690358446662-png.39243
You have to romance or play Astarion to see him get into any faggotry. You have to seek out the gay content in order to be offended by it.

Not the same as having a tranny be the first character you talk to in WotR, and then being forced to sit through a makeout scene with his orc wife.

Again though, this is talking about the story. The game itself puts tranny dick in character creation.

Swen and the other degenerates don't talk about it much(for obvious reasons in current year), but they seem to have made a 0% faggotry run possible. Owlcat on the other hand were very adamant about mandatory lesbian orc + tranny human romance being pushed on the player.

I assume you will often see some cringe faggy dialogue choices and will have to just ignore it. Hopefully. At least that is how it looks from what I have seem from the EA.

You might have to ditch most if not all companions, depending on how woke they are.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Swen and the other degenerates don't talk about it much(for obvious reasons in current year), but they seem to have made a 0% faggotry run possible. Owlcat on the other hand were very adamant about mandatory lesbian orc + tranny human romance being pushed on the player.
Yeah, their commitment to player freedom basically ensures that you can zero faggot the game no problem. Especially as The Dark Urge.

You might have to ditch most if not all companions, depending on how woke they are.
The Druid looks very gay, and Karlach is probably some kind of SJW.

That said, I doubt they will force gay content. The game seems designed around the player. Unless you seek out romances, they don't seem to happen. I guess if you really like Astarion and trip the wrong flags, he might proposition you, but then you (hopefully) turn him down and that's that. Assuming you didn't kill him right away, which you should probably do if you really hate him.

Also, the game allows you to corrupt your companions. E.g., you can help Wyll cut Karlach's head off, and it will apparently change his character for the rest of the game. So, being forced to do the "good" lefty thing by companions might not be an issue either.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Swen is a well-known combat-fag. His only issue is the fact that he always seems to hire just the worst writers.

Saravan

Savant
Swen is a well-known combat-fag. His only issue is the fact that he always seems to hire just the worst writers.
???

The entire prospect about BG3 was that 5e would hold back Swen’s autism from DoSifying the combat system into trivialised garbage.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Isn't Larian one of the few studios that doesn't do dlcs?
They haven't had the platform for DLCs so far, really. They could've done it with DOS2, but got the Wizards deal and abandoned support for that game to work on Baldur's Gate.
Plus, even if Larian doesn't do DLC, Wizards of the Coast absolutely does. Their last effort, Sword Coast Legends, had DLC and microtransactions, including in the dungeon creator tools.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom