Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's always the ones who blaspheme against the BGs who prefer BG2.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Pick your poison.

I choose.

But eh, I played about maybe 8 hours of BG2 and at least it’s more interesting and doesn’t waste my time with boring exploration. But it sucks because I actually like the more open “concept” of BG1 better.

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pick your poison.

I choose.

But eh, I played about maybe 8 hours of BG2 and at least it’s more interesting and doesn’t waste my time with boring exploration. But it sucks because I actually like the more open “concept” of BG1 better.

You see that retarded button? It was designed for the past two comments you just made. Like the Goonies character Sloth being asked a complex mathamatical question, the artist who did that button couldn't have captured it without comments like yours.

Actually, if you're trolling, then well done - and I'm still trying to get my images to upload, so thought I'd take the opportunity here:

hey-you-guys.png
[/url][/IMG]

Edit: Fuck! Had the perfect Sloth one from Goonies there too.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Pick your poison.

I choose.

You see that retarded button? It was designed for the past two comments you just made. Like the Goonies character Sloth being asked a complex mathamatical question, the artist who did that button couldn't have captured it without comments like yours.

Actually, if you're trolling, then well done - and I'm still trying to get my images to upload, so thought I'd take the opportunity here:

hey-you-guys.png
[/url][/IMG]

Edit: Fuck! Had the perfect Sloth one from Goonies there too.
Why are you so angry?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Random trivia: I actually knew an incestuous couple like 8 years ago. The brother was the instigator of the whole thing and the sister just went along with it. I just shrugged and said "oh, well".

The 'Dex is surely a most blessed fount of mircales. We must therefore come at thee with a twofold query:
1.) Were you the father?
2.) If the sister cheats on the brother, especially with 1.), does he still become a cuckold?
I knew full well that this thread would spawn depravity, but this surpassed my expectations.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can't get my images to upload. Did you see the one I posted of Sloth? Be honest now. Someone posted a pic of a 'hot girl with a huge cock' in another thread, and it didn't show up at first; then it did when I reloaded the page. So it could be that the Codex has preferences

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't get my images to upload. Did you see the one I posted of Sloth? Be honest now. Someone posted a pic of a 'hot girl with a huge cock' in another thread, and it didn't show up at first; then it did when I reloaded the page. So it could be that the Codex has preferences
Learn HTML ("How To Meet Ladies").

Your image:
hey-you-guys.png

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Ddl04Ow.jpg

Get physical: http://pjrotsaert.pienetstudios.com/

Engine programming on Baldur's Gate 3
Engine internship at Larian Studios.

During the final semester of my education I had the opportunity to do an internship at Larian Studios. Larian Studios is an award winning game production studio located in Ghent, Belgium.

My tasks consisted mainly of making improvements to the engine. I worked on various things, including:
  • Physics (Terrain physics implementation, ragdolls, etc. using NVIDIA PhysX)
  • Lighting improvements (graphics)
  • Improving Lua (scripting language) integration in the engine.
  • Making improvements to the engine's editor and various other tools.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/artem-titov-1899b959/

As Lead Gameplay Programmer on Baldur's Gate 3 I responsible for technical design and architecture of all gameplay and UI systems, constant connection, support and collaboration with Design, Art and Sound teams. as well as full planning and managing of Gameplay Team consisting of programmers and UI designers spread across 4 countries.

(Interesting that he was working at St. Petersburg studio as Lead Developer of Game Master mode in D:OS 2, and now he's working at Belgium, the head of Larian.)

Also it looks like abstraction, Polish studio known for porting, is assisting the development: https://www.linkedin.com/in/łukasz-kadej-18856b82/

Engine and graphics programmer:
- Co-development of Divinity Engine with Larian Studios for Baldur's Gate III project

Another connection to Poland.
aliens.png

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
something that differentiates WotC from any other company of its kind: under no circumstances will they ever perform a full, total retcon of anything

I fucking wish. Other companies are, unfortunately, exactly the same.

Like who? Disney is ready and willing to burn every canon to the ground; so is Games Workshop (Warhammer Fantasy). So is Blizzard Entertainment (Diablo, to some extent also StarCraft and WarCraft). I won't even mention Bethesda. What other large IP is there that refuses to retcon anything, even if it DOES make sense, other than Forgotten Realms?

Exactly those same you mentioned. If only Disney would be so kind as to retcon the shitty new Star Wars movies... but they will not. If only Geedubs would be so kind as to retcon the shitty Age of Sigmar... but they will not. If only Blizzard would be so kind... I'm sure you see the trend.

Neerasrc

Learned
Ddl04Ow.jpg

Get physical: http://pjrotsaert.pienetstudios.com/

Engine programming on Baldur's Gate 3
Engine internship at Larian Studios.

During the final semester of my education I had the opportunity to do an internship at Larian Studios. Larian Studios is an award winning game production studio located in Ghent, Belgium.

My tasks consisted mainly of making improvements to the engine. I worked on various things, including:
  • Physics (Terrain physics implementation, ragdolls, etc. using NVIDIA PhysX)
  • Lighting improvements (graphics)
  • Improving Lua (scripting language) integration in the engine.
  • Making improvements to the engine's editor and various other tools.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/artem-titov-1899b959/

As Lead Gameplay Programmer on Baldur's Gate 3 I responsible for technical design and architecture of all gameplay and UI systems, constant connection, support and collaboration with Design, Art and Sound teams. as well as full planning and managing of Gameplay Team consisting of programmers and UI designers spread across 4 countries.

(Interesting that he was working at St. Petersburg studio as Lead Developer of Game Master mode in D:OS 2, and now he's working at Belgium, the head of Larian.)

Also it looks like abstraction, Polish studio known for porting, is assisting the development: https://www.linkedin.com/in/łukasz-kadej-18856b82/

Engine and graphics programmer:
- Co-development of Divinity Engine with Larian Studios for Baldur's Gate III project

Another connection to Poland.
aliens.png

Hmm..

They're focused on graphics. ( http://kadeyopolis.com/portfolio )
I think the game will be like Nwn2 and ToEE.

Bg3= Nwn2(visuality and camera angle)+ToEE(Combat system - dnd 5th)+ dos2 innovations

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmm..

Bg3= Nwn2(visuality and camera angle)+ToEE(Combat system - dnd 5th)+ dos2 innovations

I wouldn't put it past Swen to want this. But between wanting and making there is a big difference.

Again, this begs the question: if he was/is so ambitious about this game, why didn't he make a kickstarter or address a publisher?
More money = more chances do it right, imo.

Codex Year of the Donut
Hmm..

I wouldn't put it past Swen to want this. But between wanting and making there is a big difference.

Again, this begs the question: if he was/is so ambitious about this game, why didn't he make a kickstarter or address a publisher?
Probably because they made lodsamone. They generated $85m in revenue from DOS2 in 2017 alone, despite releasing 3/4ths of the way into the year. And it didn't even release console until sometime late last year.
Likely chose not to use kickstarter because of how small of a % of total funding it would be at this stage -- DOS2 raised $2m.

Neerasrc

Learned
Hmm..

Not AAA. It could be AA. (Modelling, intermediate scenes, animation..and such) Just a guess.

Neerasrc

Learned
Hmm..

Probably because they made lodsamone. They generated $85m in revenue from DOS2 in 2017 alone, despite releasing 3/4ths of the way into the year. And it didn't even release console until sometime late last year.
Likely chose not to use kickstarter because of how small of a % of total funding it would be at this stage -- DOS2 raised $2m.

+ Divinity: Fallen Heroes there is.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Never-coincidence, Neverwinter MMO is getting an Illithid-themed expansion:

Another hint to Spelljammer?

BECOME THE REBELLION - PLAY AS THE ALL-NEW GITH RACE IN AN ETERNAL STRUGGLE AGAINST THE ILLITHID

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – July 9, 2019 – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of live service games, and Cryptic Studios announced Neverwinter’s seventeenth module, Uprising, is coming to PC on August 13; the launch date for consoles will be announced at that time. The latest update for the free-to-play MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms introduces an all-new playable race of the Gith. These psionic warriors are seeking retribution against the Illithid, intruding on Halaster Blackcloak’s lair of Undermountain, which culminates in a 10-player Endgame Trial against the Mad Mage himself. This update also includes fresh PvP content, a renovated Protector’s Enclave, recrafted Early Game experience and much more.

Watch the teaser for Neverwinter: Uprising here: https://youtu.be/MNK2ovRZ168

The conflict between the Illithid and the Gith erupts within the caverns of Undermountain, offering players the unique opportunity to challenge Halaster Blackcloak in an endgame, 10-player trail when he emerges to deal with these threats to his realm. Adventurers’ extended stay in Undermountain was very prosperous for Protector’s Enclave, leading to renovations across the city. Users setting forth into Protector’s Enclave and beyond will also find an updated Early Game experience - with adjustments made to several zones and stories. Following the class optimizations in Undermountain, players can look forward to an all-new PvP map and gear to earn. Finally, a Fashion system overhaul will keep adventurers looking their best, and an additional ‘Tales of Old’ event will revive more dungeons from the past- giving players more dungeons than before - binding form and function.

More information about Neverwinter: Uprising will be available at our Developer Blog HUB in the coming weeks. Begin your adventure for free by visiting: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/.

Sharing this news on Twitter? Please tag @NeverwinterGame.

Neverwinter is a free-to-play action MMORPG that features fast-paced combat and epic dungeons. Players explore the vast city of Neverwinter and its surrounding countryside, learning the vivid history of the iconic city in the Forgotten Realms and battling its many enemies. Neverwinter is available on PC and is free to play digitally on Xbox One (with Xbox Live Gold*) and PlayStation®4 (PlayStation®Plus not required).

Also another nothingness E3 interview: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/pc-gaming/282096/baldurs-gate-3-dungeons-and-dragons

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom