Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tytus

Arcane
Imagine if someone would have told you in 2005 that Baldur's Gate 3 would be released in 15 years, and be turn-based.
Tbh, I don't think this is Baldur's Gate 3. It's Divinity: Original Sin - Forgotten Realms. They are using the BG name because they (falsely?) assume it has some weight outside of specialized forums like this one. Or maybe because they were paid by WotC to do it.
I'd argue that D&D doesn't even carry any weight anymore with people who buy video games.
What was the last D&D licensed video game that wasn't a flaming turd?

Neverwinter MMO was good for what it was.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
If it were RTwP there would be people complaining that is going to be as bad as Pillars of Eternity, or a bad copy of Pathfinder Kingmaker.

If they didn't want to make the effort, among others, to make a good RTwP system on par with IE, they should just name the game something else. In reality the only option for an actual BG sequel would be something like Siege of Dragonspear, but good. But alas they are greedy fucks and dat brand recognition..

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Imagine if someone would have told you in 2005 that Baldur's Gate 3 would be released in 15 years, and be turn-based.
Tbh, I don't think this is Baldur's Gate 3. It's Divinity: Original Sin - Forgotten Realms. They are using the BG name because they (falsely?) assume it has some weight outside of specialized forums like this one. Or maybe because they were paid by WotC to do it.
I'd argue that D&D doesn't even carry any weight anymore with people who buy video games.
What was the last D&D licensed video game that wasn't a flaming turd?

List says NWN2: SoZ in 2008. Or MotB, if you think SoZ was too sozzy.

Delterius

Arcane
I mean we all know the writing in Baldurs Gate wasnt that great

ha ha. good one :greatjob:
i wonder if your join date means you're being sarcastic

if so, you have so much to learn sweet summer child

Ah, it's always touching, when some random user from autistic forum try to make assumptions from "join date" like the real mentor. It is so cute.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I love how it's always newfags who go around proclaiming that it's their personality that matters, not their body join date.

Reinhardt

Arcane
That first person dialogue is so fucking lazy, I mean we all know the writing in Baldurs Gate wasnt that great but the main protagonist still had some funny and cruel dialogue choices that were actually entertaining. I mean how can you go from this

To this kind of crap, where you sound like a serial masturbator that loves to hear himself talk.

You are aware that Saerilieth is from a stupid mod, right? I don't disagree that Larian's dialogue looks like crap, but posting modded dialogue, and this modded dialogue specifically, is not a point in your favour.

This proves that even random modders are better than whatever the fuck Larian writes, so my point still stands:buildawall:

More words =/= better writing. Especially if ALL options are same.

Codex Year of the Donut
PST writing was absolute shit
proof:
image.png

ONE choice lmao, and it's barely a sentence.
fucking SHIT

Dramart

Learned
If it were RTwP there would be people complaining that is going to be as bad as Pillars of Eternity, or a bad copy of Pathfinder Kingmaker.

If they didn't want to make the effort, among others, to make a good RTwP system on par with IE, they should just name the game something else. In reality the only option for an actual BG sequel would be something like Siege of Dragonspear, but good. But alas they are greedy fucks and dat brand recognition..
First lets watch the stream, we now very little yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom