Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ADL

Prophet
I an so disappointed with modern games that only seeing a proper dialog system(not the awful dialog wheel), make me have a little interest on DOS3(sorry. For me this looks more like dos than bg)
There is only one proper dialog system and it ain't from Baldur's Gate.
New-Convo.jpg

pomenitul

Arbiter
That first person dialogue is so fucking lazy, I mean we all know the writing in Baldurs Gate wasnt that great but the main protagonist still had some funny and cruel dialogue choices that were actually entertaining. I mean how can you go from this

Why are you holding up EE cancer as a supposedly laudable example? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
So Larian's actually banking everything on a 350+ manpowered 5E turn based RPG.

The absolute madmen.

And you fuckers are actually against this?

I am all for 350+ manpowered 5E turn based RPG. But it does not mean i have to like this bullshit marketing. Why the fuck did they conduct their marketing campaign with such pomp if they had no intentions of even attempting to honour Baldur's Gate or at least doing something more original than DivOS2 reskin? Again, i am all for DivOS2 reskin, DivOS2 is one of my all time favourite games, but I cringe when i imagine what will transpire after todays reveal, all the soy-filled hipster faggots losing their shit about "amazing sequel" to the series they only saw in a fucking let's play. :argh:

So it's TB after all. That's fine. All this secrecy and that "missing-is-not-fun" stuff got me worried it would be an action game. Also,

*I've joined in on the general mocking of the stupid dialogue style.*

They can't seriously be doing a whole game in this style, could they? Maybe it's just something for the tutorial only or placeholder lines they did not bother to replace.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So Larian's actually banking everything on a 350+ manpowered 5E turn based RPG.

The absolute madmen.

And you fuckers are actually against this?

I am all for 350+ manpowered 5E turn based RPG. But it does not mean i have to like this bullshit marketing. Why the fuck did they conduct their marketing campaign with such pomp if they had no intentions of even attempting to honour Baldur's Gate or at least doing something more original than DivOS2 reskin? Again, i am all for DivOS2 reskin, DivOS2 is one of my all time favourite games, but I cringe when i imagine what will transpire after todays reveal, all the soy-filled hipster faggots losing their shit about "amazing sequel" to the series they only saw in a fucking let's play. :argh:
Why would you be mad at people whose opinion doesn't matter? I mean, their opinion literally doesn't matter.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
And fucking hell, this game is ugly judging by what is shown so far. Those terrible Dragon Age style 3D models, what the fuck. Yeah, Larian always had shit-tier artisctic taste, but i did not expect it to be this bad.

It's even worse than Dragon Age actually, at least in Dragon Age only Fenris looked like a character from homosexual fanfiction, here everybody looks like this.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
And obsidian DIDN'T do it right first time. Combat in PoE was retarded clusterfuck. In old IE game you always could understand what happens on the screen.

I'm not speaking of the gameplay, I'm speaking of the basic looks. You bet that if it was BGIII then the UI would have been even better.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
That first person dialogue is so fucking lazy, I mean we all know the writing in Baldurs Gate wasnt that great but the main protagonist still had some funny and cruel dialogue choices that were actually entertaining. I mean how can you go from this

To this kind of crap, where you sound like a serial masturbator that loves to hear himself talk.

I never understood what kind of autism leads someone to believe the bottom is more immersive. "It helps me think what my character would be saying!"

Boomer_007

Novice

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Looks like a spelljammer ship

https%3A%2F%2Fyawningportal.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F09%2Fspellj-e1504477739208.jpg

Not sure if joking, but that's because it is. It's a Nautiloid.
Actually if player got one of those space ships, I might get interested in this.

You'll need to enslave a mindflayer, iirc, they're the only ones that can operate the helm interface.

If you can enslave mindflayers, I might get interested in this.
Wasn't there types of Spelljammers that can be operated by other mages?

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Ah, it's always touching, when some random user from autistic forum try to make assumptions from "join date" like the real mentor. It is so cute.

Newfags are at their most adorable trying to talk past their newfaggotry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom