Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't believe no one wants to fuck Shadowheart. You are truly worthy bearers of Bioware's legacy.

so edgy-angsty female romance options is anti-Bioware now
Citation needed on "edgy-angsty"! And foregoing even that in favor of inter-species is definetly more pro-Bioware :D

Vatnik Wumao
I'm going to make a Drow lady just to lesbian romance Shadowheart. And you can't stop me.
777.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Viconia's was the only improvement IMO. Edwin looks goofy, Minsc looks uglier than he did in BG1, Imoen looks too childish, and Jaheira looks like a fish.

Imoen is the same age your character is (20 at the start of BG) so if anything she looks too old in BG1 (it's the weight, that she loses :P).

So my options are a girl wearing ten layers of foundation and a bowl haircut, or a person missing half their face. Thanks a bunch Larian

There will be more companions, and if they're going for gender parity when it comes to romances, at least one more woman. It's possible for avoiding-bad-publicity-reasons they decided to hold off on revealing the Babe until after the ones less likely to get journalists mad.

As for how memorable BGs characters were, you have more freedom when you are working with 2D portraits, you can add motifs that represent the character, specific gestures like with Edwin or Xan, color scheme, sound bites also help a lot, etc. It's more difficult when you have to represent them like actual people in 3D.

Bioware made the transition just fine with Dragon Age. :M

Is it really that attractive from marketing perspective?

Yes, Bioware companions changed party-based RPGs as we knew them.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wasn't saying it's impossible, just harder. I already forgot what the people in BG3 are called outside of Shadowheart, so that's not a good start.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I wasn't saying it's impossible, just harder. I already forgot what the people in BG3 are called outside of Shadowheart, so that's not a good start.
Astarion, Gale, Wyll, Lae'zel.

And to think, people criticized Sawyer.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I honestly thought they were Asterian, Galen, blackish dude, Ezel (pronounced like easel).

Yosharian

Arcane
So my options are a girl wearing ten layers of foundation and a bowl haircut, or a person missing half their face. Thanks a bunch Larian

There will be more companions, and if they're going for gender parity when it comes to romances, at least one more woman. It's possible for avoiding-bad-publicity-reasons they decided to hold off on revealing the Babe until after the ones less likely to get journalists mad.
FABULOUSLY optimistic.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Imagine looking at Shadowheart and the Githyanki and seriously saying, "Yeah I want the noseless one."
In this world there are degenerates who actually like big tiddies, so I don't find it hard to believe there is someone who wants to fuck disgusting noseless green aliens
The surprise is how many of those disgusting degenerates are in this thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom