Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not touching this until it released.
Not gonna spoil myself anything.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I kinda want to do that as well, but that is mostly an illusion imo. I don't know how much influence we actually have.

I am somewhat indulging on the illusion that my opinion is more important than that of many other testers, since I have a firm grasp on the actual 5e rules and plenty of tabletop experience with the system, while still having played BG1 and BG2 to completion.
That combination is somewhat rare even on the codex, among all players combined it's probably less than 1% of the playerbase.

That said a fuckton of people are gonna play this and 1% of a million is still 10.000.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Today is the day phaggotz, let the beta testing begin.

49xkqe.jpg

Gargaune

Magister
I'm not touching this until it released.
Not gonna spoil myself anything.
You're gonna have a tough time dodging spoilers for the whole duration of EA. Easier to do with something like PF:WotR since that's a smaller affair aimed at classic CRPG fans, but WotC will be trying to push this on the mainstream market, beans are bound to get spilled.

I'm just here for the cringe when this thing releases and people start posting pics
"Sorry, my tentacle-face is tired."

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You're gonna have a tough time dodging spoilers for the whole duration of EA. Easier to do with something like PF:WotR since that's a smaller affair aimed at classic CRPG fans, but WotC will be trying to push this on the mainstream market, beans are bound to get spilled.
Minor spoilers like smaller story or gameplay infos, maybe.
But I'm more talking about how the game actually feels to play. That can't really get spoiled for me unless I'd play early access or extensively watch gameplay, neither of which I intend to do.

Salvo

Arcane
Personally, as much as this looks like Divinity: OS3, I believe that if you go in without your expectations being set too high you're going to have fun with this game. It also feels to me like some codexers WANT games to be bad so that they can complain about it, but then again seeing people shit on things is half the allure of this place.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Swen ,no more Definitive or enhanced edition. When BG3 leaves early access, that has to be Definitive edition. Take this as a quality standard.

There will definitely be some sort of X edition since the game is a PC and Stadia-exclusive launch. When it comes to consoles, new edition.

Thonius

Arcane

Wow, this sucks. Never mind the awful portraits, the UI is barely readable.

Like everything else in this game it just looks like D:OS 2.5.

I get wanting to improve the interface over Infinity Engine games. It wasn't the best. But I'd take that over these miniscule looking icons and vague symbols that could mean anything. What does the pig mean? Is that Polymoprh? Summon Familiar? The hand is MageHand right? Or paralysis? It's blue so is it some kind of frost spell instead? Larian are just so awful at design. Everything they do is "just good enough" and people wank them off and say their games have "charm" because they have forced, badly written humour and no one but me could be bothered to get past the first act to see how bad it gets.
I bet it's grease, HURR DURR we funny Larian.
PS Looks like it's copy from BG eh? Well I was 100% sure it was just a stain icon in either Ice wind dale or Icewind Dale 2/NwN1/2.

Last edited:

BarbequeMasta

Learned
The real question for this early access, is how many weird ass Kinks will Larian satisfy for their degenerate fans in just chapter 1?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
PS Looks like it's copy from BG eh? Well I was 100% sure it was just a stain icon in either Ice wind dale or Icewind Dale 2/NwN1/2.
Don't you dare shit-talk IWD2's glorious spell icons:

SPWI101A00001.png

They lack that old-style worn out spellbook look of BG icons, but I think that, despite their "modernness", they manage to be extremely evocative and pleasant to look at.

Thonius

Arcane
Again, has anyone even played the original Baldur's Gate in this thread?

latest

Hurr durr, we funny BioWare.

Stop embarrassing yourselves.
First of all I'm not a big fun of BG1 and BG2. I'm just very skeptical about Larian as icon RPG dev. Everyone busy trying to paint Larian and DOS as best thing ever since sliced bread.
Second, UI still suck's balls. If they wont give me a proper spell book overlay (quickcast) like it was in NWN2 I'm gonna be sad. Hotbars suck. I want whole spell book at my fingertips.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Again, has anyone even played the original Baldur's Gate in this thread?

latest

Hurr durr, we funny BioWare.

Stop embarrassing yourselves.
First of all I'm not a big fun of BG1 and BG2. I'm just very skeptical about Larian as icon RPG dev. Everyone busy trying to paint Larian and DOS as best thing ever since sliced bread.
Second, UI still suck's balls. If they wont give me a proper spell book overlay (quickcast) like it was in NWN2 I'm gonna be sad. Hotbars suck. I want whole spell book at my fingertips.
The UI can still change my gopnik friend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom