Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Tards have a hard time to understand companions are player sexual.

But all this controversy could be avoided if they just had an option to choose sexual preference at the character creation.

That was in the EA if I remember correctly.

But millennial shitheads got "creeped out" by it or something. Someone posted earlier.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

But all this controversy could be avoided if they just had an option to choose sexual preference at the character creation.

But millennial shitheads got "creeped out" by it or something. Someone posted earlier.
Serious?

Didn't know.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Most gays were actually abused, diddled or had an inappropriate sexual relationship at a young age making vampire fag even more believeable

Most people who believe that were actually abused, diddled or had an inappropriate sexual relationship at a young age and now just project their own experiences
The classic you don't like gays, you must actually be gay shit. Low IQ and degenerate. Sad!
The classic, I said it first so you can't say it as well low IQ take. Sad! Many such cases

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

Because player sexual is retarded as fuck. Why should party members preferences change based on the character? They're characters independent of the player. Very immersive breaking just to appease degenerates and stroke their pathetic egos. Not every party member should be romanceable. New and extremely retarded trend

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Most gays were actually abused, diddled or had an inappropriate sexual relationship at a young age making vampire fag even more believeable

Most people who believe that were actually abused, diddled or had an inappropriate sexual relationship at a young age and now just project their own experiences
The classic you don't like gays, you must actually be gay shit. Low IQ and degenerate. Sad!
The classic, I said it first so you can't say it as well low IQ take. Sad! Many such cases
I won't fuck you faggot, deal with it

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

I won't fuck you faggot, deal with it
Like I said, fag sees fags everywhere. Typical

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Then they'd complain about the existence of a gay option in the character creator, like they complain about other options there.
What they really want is that only straight characters exist and gays don't get options. Given BG3s success, their future options for woke-free games look grim. Good

Last edited:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Then they'd complain about the existence of a gay option in the character creator, like they complain about other options there.
True.

In the end you can't win with these culture warrior mongoloids. They're never happy.

Anyway, I'm happy to see them seething though, peak entertainment.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
omfg lol you can click the + sign next to the hotbar to expand it with more rows

this ui is very functional when you "get it" (though I'm still missing hotkey functionality?), but fucking hell is it ever uneccesarily esoteric
You... you only found about this... now?

yes

tell me i've also missed the hotkey functionality and i'll give you a kiss

not having a hotkey for dash is murdering me

Don't do so, if I might suggest.

You're just one approval point away from Grunker jumping your ass in camp.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I know I come across as overtly hostile here, but I ask this genuinely: can anyone properly explain if this game is even worth a quarter of the hype its received thus far? I don't care about them putting faggot zoophile shit in their game (would rather have a shitty late 90s Adam Sandler tier joke where a dood sodomizes a bear than get lectured on how kids ought to be given HRT while their mother has every right to abort them despite being in their 20th trimester), so there's nothing particularly 'political' that bothers me about the game. I know the game will not feature a single cool setting worth exploring/interacting with -- especially with how shite their art direction already comes across. At the very least, is the combat or general RPG mechanics any good? Is the game reactive in a way that at least accomplishes a few interesting alternative scenarios?

Yes. Imagine Mask of the Betrayer, the older Baldur's Gates, and the good parts of Divinity 2 (not original sin) all rolled into one. With amazing graphics (if you have an Nvidia card and HDR monitor), and beautiful locations.

The weird romance stuff is there but the art direction, atmosphere, etc is way beyond anything Larian did in the past.

This is the closest to TTRPG you can get in a computer game.

Serious?

Didn't know.

It asked you WHAT ATTRACTS YOU, instead of the lame YUO MUST CHOOSE A GUARDIAN we have now.

I'm completely ignorant of what D&D is and so I'll run my mouth.

You'd be surprised since Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson were both Christians. Staunchly at that. Let me show you how wrong you are with the TSR Code of Ethics circa 1984.

tsr-code-of-ethics-1982-jon-peterson-version.jpg

Point 4. All scenes of horror, excessive bloodshed, gory or gruesome scenes, depravity, lust, sadism, and masochism shall not be permitted.

Point 6. Profanity, obscenity/smut, vulgarity or words or symbols which have aquired undesirable meanings - judged by contemporary standards - are prohibited.

I draw your attention to point 10. Nudity in any form is prohibited. Suggestive and salacious scenes are unacceptable.

Point 11. Illicit sex relations are not to be portrayed or discussed and sexual abnormalities are unacceptable.

Point 12. Rape or seduction are never to be portrayed or discussed.

Notice point 13. It clearly says Sex perversion or any inference to same is strictly forbidden.

So you just lied about what is D&D. 6 of 13 points says that you're a goddamn liar.

Did you have anything intelligent to add that actually pertains to the history of the D&D game?
Old D&D, very old d&d, indeed. It's quite amusing to think about the accusations of satanism that Dungeons & Dragons faced back in the day. Ironically, the game had strict guidelines, and many of its spells and cleric miracles were directly inspired by biblical elements. This shows that the satanic claims were largely unfounded.
Now, when it comes to Baldur's Gate 3, it's interesting to note that the game remains 100% faithful to the Forgotten Realms setting, which is Ed Greenwood's creation dating back to... 1975. The roots of the game's lore and world-building aren't exactly new either. The sexual content present in Baldur's Gate 3 is in line with the creative direction established by Ed Greenwood's original creation within the Forgotten Realms. It maintains a higher level of maturity and sensuality that is consistent with the broader themes of the fantasy world, a more multi-dimensional storytelling , in comparison to the basic tomb looter gameplay.
D&D wasn't satanic because it included thaumaturgy, which is the school of magic used by famed spellcaster Jesus Christ, but because you could meet devils and demons, which were based on real mythology. Being a spellcaster was also seen as satanic, because magic itself is supposed to be the tool of the Antichrist (as per Revelations), but as I said Jesus himself was a wizard. Other than that, you're mostly correct. Fantasy was a space for people to express their sexual degeneracy since the genre began, really. The modern notion of fan-driven fantasy (the kind that pnp players would belong to) is mostly traced back to the flourishing of the cons in the 70s, which was the same breeding ground that gave us furries.

Do note that even among furries, there was some sort of a civil war between the sex negatives and the sex positivies, and we all know who won.

BTW, the satanic panic era has to be seen through a filter of americans being protestants (and protestants are evil incarnate) and also through the fact that the religious people that went to America in the first place were kicked out of England because they were *too* fanatic. Really makes you think.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Kind of weird how much effort went into "C'mon, use the tadpole bro. There's a tadpole skill tree and stuff. I even wear skimpy robes now".

2023-08-10-2338-2.png

I'm curious in what direction it will go. That's the benefit of the alien belgian mind and their shitty writing - it can go in direction unexpected for sane and decent people.
I was pretty horrified by the skimpy robes because when it changed from 'dream lover' to 'guardian' after EA I assumed they were getting rid of the sexual dimension altogether so my 'guardian' is a old white haired paladin looking guy.

I've only got myself to blame of course since the idea that Larian would miss the opportunity to create awkward sexual situations was clearly laughable.

Gradenmayer

Learned
I know I come across as overtly hostile here, but I ask this genuinely: can anyone properly explain if this game is even worth a quarter of the hype its received thus far? I don't care about them putting faggot zoophile shit in their game (would rather have a shitty late 90s Adam Sandler tier joke where a dood sodomizes a bear than get lectured on how kids ought to be given HRT while their mother has every right to abort them despite being in their 20th trimester), so there's nothing particularly 'political' that bothers me about the game. I know the game will not feature a single cool setting worth exploring/interacting with -- especially with how shite their art direction already comes across. At the very least, is the combat or general RPG mechanics any good? Is the game reactive in a way that at least accomplishes a few interesting alternative scenarios?

Yes. Imagine Mask of the Betrayer, the older Baldur's Gates, and the good parts of Divinity 2 (not original sin) all rolled into one. With amazing graphics (if you have an Nvidia card and HDR monitor), and beautiful locations.

The weird romance stuff is there but the art direction, atmosphere, etc is way beyond anything Larian did in the past.

This is the closest to TTRPG you can get in a computer game.

Serious?

Didn't know.

It asked you WHAT ATTRACTS YOU, instead of the lame YUO MUST CHOOSE A GUARDIAN we have now.
Wrong. it was originally supposed to be your tadpole personified trying to trick you into putting more worms into your brain, by taking the form of your dream waifu. It was rewritten (thought idea is still the same) and had nothing to do with who player can fuck

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
True.

In the end you can't win with these culture warrior mongoloids. They're never happy.

If you didn't make every character a faggot all the degenerate faggots would bitch endlessly which has happened in the bioware games. Fags went from wanting a gay option to every character being a fag. That's how it always goes with them

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
D&D wasn't satanic because it included thaumaturgy, which is the school of magic used by famed spellcaster Jesus Christ, but because you could meet devils and demons, which were based on real mythology. Other than that, you're mostly correct. Fantasy was a space for people to express their sexual degeneracy since the genre began, really. The modern notion of fan-driven fantasy (the kind that pnp players would belong to) is mostly traced back to the flourishing of the cons in the 70s, which was the same breeding ground that gave us furries.

Do note that even among furries, there was some sort of a civil war between the sex negatives and the sex positivies, and we all know who won.

Were you alive then? Were you playing the game back then? No? Then everything you've said was a lie.

Nice cope because back then all of this degeneracy wasn't tolerated. I know because I saw first hand. Your sexuality stayed private and wasn't shared with everyone. If it was then you were ostracized from the gaming scene.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

Sure, maybe. I consider the last option as the least preferable one. Sexuality should be part of their character, it's part of what defines a real person. It's still better than Bioware trash where sexuality IS their person, but just making everyone bisexual feels cheap/artificial.
I think they did it because I remember plenty of huf-puf around DA:I and Andromeda romances. On plenty vidja-games websites reporters were complaining they couldn't romance x or y because their sexual preferences were not compatible with their chosen sex/race.

It's the same morons that also ask for every race being able to play any class.

Last edited:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
True.

If you didn't make every character a faggot all the degenerate faggots would bitch endlessly which has happened in the bioware games. Fags went from wanting a gay option to every character being a fag. That's how it always goes with them
Sadly I agree.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Sure, maybe. I consider the last option as the least preferable one. Sexuality should be part of their character, it's part of what defines a real person. It's still better than Bioware trash where sexuality IS their person, but just making everyone bisexual feels cheap.
Still, I think they did it because I remember plenty of huf-puf around DA:I and Andromeda romances. On plenty vidja-games websites reporters were complaining they couldn't romance x or y because their sexual preferences were not compatible with their choses sex/race.

It's the same morons that also ask for every race being able to play any class.
I don't give a fuck about sexuality and shit. It is the manner in which it is shoehorned into the game, presumably to add more "depth" to the characters, but it just ends up making them more stupid and ends in cringe.
Is it too much to ask that modern devs and writers don't insert every one of their closet fetishes into their works?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
character a faggot all the degenerate faggots would bitch endlessly which has happened in the bioware games. Fags went from wanting a gay option to every character being a fag. That's how it always goes with them
Sadly I agree.
Nah, the most vocal weirdos, the ones who want everyone to be a gay blax transformer wheelchair whatever, are also the least influential. 90% of the traffic to their tumblr blogs and Medium articles comes from the Codex, 4chan and whatever GamerGate youtuber covers them. From their haters. They really don't have much or any supporters, and are largely ignored until the white knights feel the need to defend them, after you felt the need to attack them.

As for the more numerous generic libs, they aren't anywhere near as outrageous in their demands as you caricaturize them, and they aren't nearly as passionate in pursuing them. Its all bark, no bite.

Reinhardt

Arcane
They made Viconia ugly as sin in this game, along with her story. I like the game overall, but bringing Viconia back just to make her look bad is lame, ngl. Of all the things Larian has done, this is the worst imo.
She was always ugly

afbeelding.png
Nice try. This is the Viconia everyone knows and likes:
Viconia_DeVir_NVICON_Portrait_BG2.png
and those same people complaining about brothels and "sex work is real work" message.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom