Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
My point is that the first major story plot involves immigrants and refugees at all. More woke TDJ post 2020 politics injected into modern media. You can't see how on the nose and hamfisted this is?

That's clearly your personal problem, not one of the game. It's tied to current FR-lore.

FR lore has fan-fic shit all over the place, so don't straw man this. Gonna call bullshit on that statement. I don't recall any serious racist refugee plot arc stories in BG1 or 2 except for Viconia which only lasted a couple minutes and involved one person.

First plot of BG3 is a large quest involving fleeing refugees and racism. No I think it is you with the personal problem if you can't recognize blatant propaganda.

Sorry my fault. Totally forgot this board is one of the last safe spaces for rigth wing nutjobs. Won't happen again.

Damn straight. You have plenty of other places you can go to peddle your clownworld nonsense.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
No i know about the middle mouse button but i don't find it comfortable to use.
Funny how that is. I prefer it by magnitudes to E & Q for rotation.

It helps if you switch E to Q and Q to E.

Could be the shape of my mouse which is a bit smallish but when i put pressure on the middle button i lose strengh on my index finder so i can't hold them both at once without feeling uncomfortable and i can't just click, then rotate, click, rotate etc since that's obnoxious to the extreme. Moving it to the right mouse button was better but like i said then i have to move the functions that are there which makes it worse.

Frankly, if this fucking edge panning shit wasn't bugged on the mouse i might even use the WASD for movement and play it straight up as if it was WoW, but as it is i have to use E/Q.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
My point is that the first major story plot involves immigrants and refugees at all. More woke TDJ post 2020 politics injected into modern media. You can't see how on the nose and hamfisted this is?

That's clearly your personal problem, not one of the game. It's tied to current FR-lore.

FR lore has fan-fic shit all over the place, so don't straw man this. Gonna call bullshit on that statement. I don't recall any serious racist refugee plot arc stories in BG1 or 2 except for Viconia which only lasted a couple minutes and involved one person.

First plot of BG3 is a large quest involving fleeing refugees and racism. No I think it is you with the personal problem if you can't recognize blatant propaganda.

Sorry my fault. Totally forgot this board is one of the last safe spaces for rigth wing nutjobs. Won't happen again.

Damn straight. You have plenty of other places you can go to peddle your clownworld nonsense.

Gale does approve.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not gonna lie, I was having second thoughts about this...

2023-08-12-0125-2.png

But the huge devil was conquered. And chased away in the morning, so she cannot stand between me and Shadowcooch.

The holy bardic code was upheld.

:whiteknight:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Karlach's body is just too fucked up scars and tattoos like a guy with a 2 digit I.Q who wants to look tough.

Just give me Neeshka instead.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sorry my fault. Totally forgot this board is one of the last safe spaces for right wing nutjobs. Won't happen again.
Annoy enough people and eventually someone will send me to go through your post history.

It will bomb tremendously and no gay shark will save it. It's a shame, there're so many good ideas here and there but Obsidian tried too hard to sell Oldschool-RPG to teen crowd with short attention span. Won't work out and there will be massive outrage for not being able to gay romance Eder. Firedorn will be a joke compared to this.

Well, looks like we get another rendered teaser, now female centered. True sign of decline, noble flaming fist knight dies while stronk womyn sorcerer defeats black dragon with thunderbolt. Way to go Larian, gonna appease the panromantic demisexual tumblr things.

Also: Dragons confirmed. Yeah.

Go woke, go rich.

I'm amazed how much of this western wokeness is in this game. It sours an otherwise good experience and I am always tempted if I should deinstall this pile of propaganda or continue. Shame. Pillars of Eternity's writing, while cucked sometimes, was based in comparison. This coming from a russian studio is pure decline.

Obsidian had their occasional gay character for ticking boxes and pleasing the multi-color-haired audience who is in it for CRPG romance, but not even both PoE's combined with DLCs frontload that heavy and blatant amount of shameless pandering LGTBQ*+ propaganda on you as WotR does. I guess the AP name is quite meta in that regard. It truely is the wrath of the self proclaimed righteous, "gifting" the grognards with one of the most fun CRPG gameplays combined with the most woke setting and NPC design. Which way will it be western men?

I stand with what I wrote, faggot.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Sorry my fault. Totally forgot this board is one of the last safe spaces for right wing nutjobs. Won't happen again.
Annoy enough people and eventually someone will send me to go through your post history.

It will bomb tremendously and no gay shark will save it. It's a shame, there're so many good ideas here and there but Obsidian tried too hard to sell Oldschool-RPG to teen crowd with short attention span. Won't work out and there will be massive outrage for not being able to gay romance Eder. Firedorn will be a joke compared to this.

Well, looks like we get another rendered teaser, now female centered. True sign of decline, noble flaming fist knight dies while stronk womyn sorcerer defeats black dragon with thunderbolt. Way to go Larian, gonna appease the panromantic demisexual tumblr things.

Also: Dragons confirmed. Yeah.

Go woke, go rich.

I'm amazed how much of this western wokeness is in this game. It sours an otherwise good experience and I am always tempted if I should deinstall this pile of propaganda or continue. Shame. Pillars of Eternity's writing, while cucked sometimes, was based in comparison. This coming from a russian studio is pure decline.

Obsidian had their occasional gay character for ticking boxes and pleasing the multi-color-haired audience who is in it for CRPG romance, but not even both PoE's combined with DLCs frontload that heavy and blatant amount of shameless pandering LGTBQ*+ propaganda on you as WotR does. I guess the AP name is quite meta in that regard. It truely is the wrath of the self proclaimed righteous, "gifting" the grognards with one of the most fun CRPG gameplays combined with the most woke setting and NPC design. Which way will it be western men?

PapaPetro

This thing is sweet QoL btw:

xIIhnTV.png

Only if you can autosort all that shit into it at once.
It does.
Once I picked it up, I just put all my books into it.
Spent a minute looking for my books till I realized they were in there.
It's like a keychain, camp supply sack and alchemy pouch for books.
It weighs 50lbs though
Well it's got a small library worth of books in it.
It's not a bag of holding.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Wow, the romances are bugged as fuck:

- If you break up with Karlach right after fucking her, she has a full rage meltdown and calls you a wanker. You get a MASSIVE opinion penalty. And... you still have the romance active. Smooches and all. No changes.
- If you break up with her through Shadowheart without having a post-shagging conversation... She has normal interactions blocked. Just gives some mild over-the-head sentences acknowledging the break up. You can't interact with her normally.
- You need to have a post-shagging conversation AND THEN break up with her through shadowheart. That's the only way to avoid bugs.

This is oddly elaborate mess.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

It's their way of working through their feelings. The refugees *are* a bunch of little criminals after all who are mostly unemployed.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
This thing is sweet QoL btw:

xIIhnTV.png

Only if you can autosort all that shit into it at once.
It does.
Once I picked it up, I just put all my books into it.
Spent a minute looking for my books till I realized they were in there.
It's like a keychain, camp supply sack and alchemy pouch for books.
It weighs 50lbs though
Well it's got a small library worth of books in it.
It's not a bag of holding.
Where did you get it? I don't seem to have come across one yet

Kiste

Augur

- If you break up with Karlach right after fucking her, she has a full rage meltdown and calls you a wanker. You get a MASSIVE opinion penalty. And... you still have the romance active. Smooches and all. No changes.
- If you break up with her through Shadowheart without having a post-shagging conversation... She has normal interactions blocked. Just gives some mild over-the-head sentences acknowledging the break up. You can't interact with her normally.
- You need to have a post-shagging conversation AND THEN break up with her through shadowheart. That's the only way to avoid bugs.

That's what you get for being a philandering degenerate.

It has only ever been Shadowcute for me. :hug:

Last edited:

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

It's their way of working through their feelings. The refugees *are* a bunch of little criminals after all who are mostly unemployed.

Act 3 has also a quest where you can side with the property owner whose house is occupied by Tiefling refugees.
You can do it for half the price as the guards.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
No i know about the middle mouse button but i don't find it comfortable to use.
Funny how that is. I prefer it by magnitudes to E & Q for rotation.

It helps if you switch E to Q and Q to E.

Could be the shape of my mouse which is a bit smallish but when i put pressure on the middle button i lose strengh on my index finder so i can't hold them both at once without feeling uncomfortable and i can't just click, then rotate, click, rotate etc since that's obnoxious to the extreme. Moving it to the right mouse button was better but like i said then i have to move the functions that are there which makes it worse.

Frankly, if this fucking edge panning shit wasn't bugged on the mouse i might even use the WASD for movement and play it straight up as if it was WoW, but as it is i have to use E/Q.
Going back to Wrath middle button after LoTRO right mouse panning with WASD was definitely a downgrade. You do kind of get used to it and the other stuff is intuative once you learn the controls. Keeping alt key down and using it to select stuff helps a lot. Left click on the ground and character will move there. That's simple enough.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lmao, so while moving around is easier with a controller just because of how shitty the camera is, interacting with anything suck huge dick. You can accidentally click on things you don't want to, like stealing shit from crates by mistake while trying to talk to an npc, and the name of objects appear in giant letters for no reason. Also, you don't get to see the icons so you have no idea what you are clicking is an interactable object (not liable to be considered stealing) or a crate of some form or another.

Starting to get irritated by this overall shit design modern gaymes.
Right-click > Examine.

Not what i'm talking about.
I know. You can hold Alt and click on things to take them, read them and throw them out if you don't need them. At least that's what I find myself doing, though it rarely gets to be such a problem for me.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Act 3 has also a quest where you can side with the property owner whose house is occupied by Tiefling refugees.
You can do it for half the price as the guards.

They really do their best to convince you that letting people break into your house is okay and the good thing to do. The entire way in which that quest is worded and the outcome is insane.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron

That's what you get for being a philandering degenerate.

It's only ever been Shadowcute for me. :hug:

I am a guardian of ancient bardic traditions!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom