Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
This thing is sweet QoL btw:

xIIhnTV.png

Only if you can autosort all that shit into it at once.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know about others but party members and interactions is one of my favorite aspects of party based rpgs. For all bioware criticism they always delivered on that aspect for me. I always had that male comradery and that really made me feel like we were brothers who had each other's backs in life and death situations.

You had Garrus in mass effect. Loved the moment when you did the shooting competition with him and you could miss on purpose and he said the line about this being his favorite place in the citadel. Actually hilarious and great male comradery.

Alistar was awesome in DAO. Great bro and funny. I was happy to marry him with the queen and encourage him to be king because he was my boy.

I don't expect these faggots and soys at Larian to ever be able to capture the vibe and comradery between two masculine men (especially warriors/soldiers) bonding and forming a friendship

Edit: also had Canderous in Kotor.
I have brotherly comradery with goobers like Wyll, spergs like Gale, and even scoundrels like Astarion in rl. A lot depends on what you bring to the table too.

Took me awhile to unlock the code for the brocephuses you esteem - being a sperg myself - but running out of fucks to give helped with that. So did living around black dudes a lot.
You can't have a brotherly bond or espirit de corps with Wyll and Gayle. First their personalities aren't set up for it. Wyll could have been if they had made him some tweaks. His character is a huge disappointment, could have been really cool if properly executed.

But more importantly you can't have a brotherly bond with someone who wants you to fuck their ass. The moment they ask you to do that, it's over. Would your brother ask you to fuck their ass? No because then you aren't brothers.
Again with this second person horseshit. Your limitations are not mine. They're not even your own aside from those you've (mis-)placed upon yourself.

They haven't asked yet. I wish there weren't a "this is gay" button but you don't have to press it and as a father one grows familiar with choosing the adventure option toward sexual polarity when it presents itself.

As for the universal claim you've misplaced into second person, that one is invalid as well. Sodomy is a sin but ain't none of us but One free from that. Not in this life. If you've ever enjoyed a lingering look from a woman you can rest assured that you've had a brother that wants to fuck you in the ass. There's not many of them and hopefully won't be but they do exist and we greatly rely on the contributions of some of them.

Desiderius

Patron
Yet another case of it being best to wait for the Definitive Edition™ that comes out 1 or 2 years down the line huh
Honestly kind of sad
It merits a couple playthroughs. From what little I've played of it there's already a good bit of unique content in playing each of the companions as your MC.

I hope they do actually spend some time revamping it and don't just leave it in its current state.
Anyone know how much the DOS games changed from release to their "enhanced editions"? All my experience there is super late.

At the very least I'd be surprised if this didn't get an expansion or two, which if nothing else is internally a great excuse to rework the ending to a game for purely practical reasons. Though I'd like to think that given so much of the game feels like a labour of love, that they leave the problems with the ending as-is by choice.
Didn't they completely rework Arx from release?

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Of course elves are the most commonly played race by normies. Meanwhile dwarf is so low in the stats, WTF? Where my dwarfbros at?

Herumor

Scholar
Hiow's the game been running for everyone on their PCs? I still haven't replaced my GPU and am surprised at how well my old 1080 is running this at 1440p with all details set to max.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Hiow's the game been running for everyone on their PCs? I still haven't replaced my GPU and am surprised at how well my old 1080 is running this at 1440p with all details set to max.
Runs good on Ultra in Act I and Act II, except for the one place in the Druid Grove where you can see both the first floor with the thieflings and the underground with the druids. It lags there for a few seconds as you move from one place to the other.
In the city of Baldur's Gate, it constantly lags. The type of performance I would've accepted as normal 15 years ago, but annoys me too much today.

Desiderius

Patron
I've put about 12 hours into the game so far. I'm not impressed.
First village you visit has a plot where you need to get racist druids to accept illegal immigrants. WTF.
The tweeflings are SWPL wypipo. Look at their facial expressions.

Desiderius

Patron
Lmao, so while moving around is easier with a controller just because of how shitty the camera is, interacting with anything sucks huge dick. You can accidentally click on things you don't want to, like stealing shit from crates by mistake while trying to talk to an npc, and the name of objects appear in giant letters for no reason. Also, you don't get to see the icons so you have no idea what you are clicking is an interactable object (not liable to be considered stealing) or a crate of some form or another.

Starting to get irritated by this overall shit design modern gaymes.

Alt key.

Why are the choices people who can make judgments but are retards or people afraid to judge anything who aren't?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, so while moving around is easier with a controller just because of how shitty the camera is, interacting with anything sucks huge dick. You can accidentally click on things you don't want to, like stealing shit from crates by mistake while trying to talk to an npc, and the name of objects appear in giant letters for no reason. Also, you don't get to see the icons so you have no idea what you are clicking is an interactable object (not liable to be considered stealing) or a crate of some form or another.

Starting to get irritated by this overall shit design modern gaymes.

Alt key.

Why are the choices people who can make judgments but are retards or people afraid to judge anything who aren't?

NOT what i'm talking about.

Are you people retarded or something?

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
I've put about 12 hours into the game so far. I'm not impressed.
First village you visit has a plot where you need to get racist druids to accept illegal immigrants. WTF.

That's fake. You don't "need to". You can side with the racist druids. You can make them kill all Tieflings.
Or do it yourself, if you want that moral high ground stance that's so much lacking in modern video games.
My point is that the first major story plot involves immigrants and refugees at all. More woke TDS/post 2020 politics injected into modern media. You can't see how on the nose and hamfisted this is?

I'm getting Picard season 2 vibes here.

Desiderius

Patron

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
My point is that the first major story plot involves immigrants and refugees at all. More woke TDJ post 2020 politics injected into modern media. You can't see how on the nose and hamfisted this is?

That's clearly your personal problem, not one of the game. It's tied to current FR-lore.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Anyway, change of plan. Interacting with anything with the controller is worse than moving around with keyboard and mouse, so i'm back to square one.

I just figured out that if you hold left-click your character just keeps moving. So i basically have to play this like it's wow or something. Just hold left-click then turn left or right using E/Q.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
I just figured out that if you hold left-click your character just keeps moving. So i basically have to play this like it's wow or something. Just hold left-click then turn left or right using E/Q.

You can also fairly easy rotate the camera with holding central mouse button. There is also a setting in the options that makes the camera follow your PC automatically. Also north the map, it makes everything easier.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
No i know about the middle mouse button but i don't find it comfortable to use. I tried changing it to right mouse button instead and it worked better for me but then i had to move all the current right mouse button functions somewhere else and it was actually worse so i reset the keybindings to what they were.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
My point is that the first major story plot involves immigrants and refugees at all. More woke TDJ post 2020 politics injected into modern media. You can't see how on the nose and hamfisted this is?

That's clearly your personal problem, not one of the game. It's tied to current FR-lore.

FR lore has fan-fic shit all over the place, so don't straw man this. Gonna call bullshit on that statement. I don't recall any serious racist refugee plot arc stories in BG1 or 2 except for Viconia which only lasted a couple minutes and involved one person.

First plot of BG3 is a large quest involving fleeing refugees and racism. No I think it is you with the personal problem if you can't recognize blatant propaganda.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

FR lore has fan-fic shit all over the place, so don't straw man this. Gonna call bullshit on that statement. I don't recall any serious racist refugee plot arc stories in BG1 or 2 except for Viconia which only lasted a couple minutes and involved one person.

First plot of BG3 is a large quest involving fleeing refugees and racism. No I think it is you with the personal problem if you can't recognize blatant propaganda.

Sorry my fault. Totally forgot this board is one of the last safe spaces for right wing nutjobs. Won't happen again.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom