Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
They had to release it before Starfield.

jf8350143

Liturgist
All of the four non origin character companions are like that minus Jaehira, she actually has a decent amout of content even after she joins you.
Can the player bang granny Jaheira? Also, how many negro kids does she have?
You can't romance Jaheira or minsc. I haven't tried but someone has raised Minthera's relationship to around 80% of the bar and no romances. Based on other companions' level of horniess I think it's safe to assume she has no romances after she joins.

Jaheira
just adopted bunch of children in earlier years and they call her mother. You get to vist her house and meet those children(now most of them adults) in act 3

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope they do actually spend some time revamping it and don't just leave it in its current state.
They could always go the Bioware route and sell you a proper ending as DLC.

It's a game screaming out for an expansion. I just hope any revamp to the final act would be part of a general directors cut/definitive edition update rather than anything sold.

PapaPetro

TzFVocN.png

Talk about a name that can kill...
No save

Shrimp

Arbiter
There was no consequence for evolving the tadpole/taking the mindflayer powers. I ascended to half-illithid with the special tadpole given to you in act 3. This wasn't commented on by anyone but companions and it was ultimately purged in the end when all the tadpoles get destroyed.

I was trusting/working with The Emperor (actually Balduran turned into a mindflayer), but I hit a bug where he immediately accused me of betraying him after hearing his plan for the endgame. I ended up working with the trapped Illithid prince, Orpheus, who turned out to be a good guy (by Gith standards).
This seems to be the sort of 'default' ending. Kind of interesting how Lae'Zel's story (and even if you don't recruit her it's still a side plot) seems to be at odds with what I assume is the 'good' ending where you just kill the chosen and save the city. I haven't gotten to the ending myself so I don't know if it's just two variants of a good ending (siding with The Emperor/siding with Orpheus) or if there's more to it than that.

That being said it seems like you also have the option to side with Orin or Gortash and take control over the city by killing the third chosen. I kind of want to try one of those on an evil playthrough, but I think I'll save that for a much later date rather than immediately going back in.

When they said the game had 17000 different endings I figured it was just PR-speak for 'the ending slideshow has 17000 different combinations of slides' but now that it sounds like there apparently isn't any slideshow at all I wonder what the hell they actually meant by it.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
When they said the game had 17000 different endings I figured it was just PR-speak for 'the ending slideshow has 17000 different combinations of slides' but now that it sounds like there apparently isn't any slideshow at all I wonder what the hell they actually meant by it.
Fake news. They never said this. One YouTube hack said they did in an interview he claims he had with a dev. It's 17k permutations of choices in the whole game.

Shrimp

Arbiter
I hope they do actually spend some time revamping it and don't just leave it in its current state.
They could always go the Bioware route and sell you a proper ending as DLC.
If anything this is one thing I'm not actually sure they'll do unless WOTC pushes them to do it. Historically Larian hasn't really bothered with DLC/expansions and even their biggest game D:OS2 never received anything beyond a handful of minor additions in the definitive edition.
Even the spin-off sequel to the game got outsourced to the now defunct Logic Artists studio, so I think Swen just doesn't want to sit around with the same project for too long. Shortly before BG3's release he even said they'll 'definitely' make another game in the Divinity universe. I think he just wants to move on to another project once they've finished patching up BG3.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
It's an old dialect from the early bullshit period. It's quite alive though in the esoteric circles of the current AAA sphere. Not to be understood by the simple and uninitiated.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Fake news. They never said this. One YouTube hack said they did in an interview he claims he had with a dev. It's 17k permutations of choices in the whole game.
That explains a lot.

Shaki

Arbiter
We have a thread established for cringe stuff in BG3. Please look for it the next time you want to post pictures of dicks encountered in BG3, both circumcised and not, whether on a male or a female. Don't post them here.

Thank you.
Wow, you think female dicks are "cringe"? What a goddamn disgusting cis white male bigot, go on reddit and educate yourself sweaty, the inclusivity is the HEART AND SOUL of this game

Also "cringe" is a bigoted alt-right term:

The idea of ‘cringe’ culture is layered through multiple levels of access and privilege. To dismiss something simply as cringe is a function of privilege politics, whether you like it or not. It is about who gets left at the margins of this debate and who is left out of mainstream recognition simply because they refuse to adhere to notions of aesthetic presentation and respectability politics

Queer kweens don't need to adhere to your notions of aesthetic presentation and respectability, take your hateful dogwhistles elsewhere! This is a progressive thread, all dicks are beautiful and welcome here, whether it's a bear dick, female dick, or tentacle dick.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
As far as endings, go, there are two I got before I've even finished Act 2.

One was Gale blowing himself up, which even had a credit roll. The other was turning into a mindflayer, which just resulted in a game over.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
how many companions can you blind on one eye? me and gayle have both fucked up eyes because it’s too funny to try and get the worms out

Renfri

Cipher
how many companions can you blind on one eye? me and gayle have both fucked up eyes because it’s too funny to try and get the worms out
You can let Orin gouge Gale's both eyes. Depending on your companions, I guess she might do it to someone else, not sure.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, that's the other thing, not only does the game let you murder whoever, it often lets you mentally torture them beforehand. I put the hit out on Halsin the moment I learned of his proclivities. But first, I freed him from gobbo jail so he could witness the destruction of his hippy grove. Then I had gay sex with everyone except him. Only then did I kill him.
The Vernon Schillinger of Baldur's Gate :)

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Dark Urge seems like a pretty interesting playthrough. Don't watch too far though. Apparently there are spoilers.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Anyone know how much the DOS games changed from release to their "enhanced editions"? All my experience there is super late.

At the very least I'd be surprised if this didn't get an expansion or two, which if nothing else is internally a great excuse to rework the ending to a game for purely practical reasons. Though I'd like to think that given so much of the game feels like a labour of love, that they leave the problems with the ending as-is by choice.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
How come some of you already finished BG3, I'm still in act 1. You guys have no lives whatsoever or something? No family, no job, just games? WTF

Yes, no-lifeing through video games that they hate so they can post on the Codex about how everything is "dogshit" is all they have in life. Of course they don't have families. Who would start a family with someone like JamesDixon or Jenkem?

You sound butthurt. Why are you butthurt?

solemgar

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I hope Larian will get to work on a Planescape: Torment sequel next. The Nameless One could be the Genderless One and we'd travel around the material plane having buttsecks with creatures of all different races. Party banter would be much elevated, like the scene wherein one can violently throat-fuck Dak'kon on a table of the Smoldering Corpse Bar while Morte's licking your bunghole. Also, to give a nod to the original game, the theme of the game could be 'What can change the nature of a straight white man', which could be a fascinating subject in the hands of our Belgium masters of prose. (spoiler: the answer is 'playing BG3')
If Chris Avellone were the lead writer, nearly the entire Codex would play a Larian-developed PS:T2. What can change the nature of a Codexer? :M

Avellone was one of the hightlights in Pillars. Even if he adapted to the general depressing tone of the setting he still came up with something interesting.

The fact he is a meme in the Codex shouldn't make people lose sight of the fact when he puts his mind into it he can actually deliver. I think if he had written the NPCs in this game he would have come up with a better way to make them unique than shit like "lol i have a bomb inside me feed me magic shit" and so on.

While it's too early for me to say i suspect in the long run the companions will be seen as the Achilles heel of this game. There's just something about them that wants to make me dislike them, even apart for the gay shit.
I don't get the hate on the forum to Avellone. Of course he will have some bad games on his shoulder, he said it himself , but to me he is a very accomplished writer. If Planescape Torment doesn't prove it, I don't know what does .

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
It was quite disappointing that after you get Minthara to join your party, she doesn't have companion quest at all, not even smaller one. It's not for lack of resources, cos there alot of stuff in game.

I think they count the optional companions' joining requirement quests as their companion quests. Halsin's only "personal quest" is the one to get him to join.
Comparing those two to Shadowheart's quest makes them quite laughable unfortuntately.

As far as I know Minthara didn't even have any cut scenes after she joins the party. She has no personal quest, no romances, nothing. She is the defination of after thoughts. And it requires you to give up three other companions to get her.

All of the four non origin character companions are like that minus Jaehira, she actually has a decent amout of content even after she joins you.
I wish she had more content but the main appeal if you GET to give up 3 faggot companions to get her. For me it was just two because I already cut ones arm off

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom