Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Every single scene involving Nightsong is fucking awful. I'd wager reddit and twitter love her though since she ticks all their boxes.
Killing her was a pretty enjoyable scene.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I doubt most people know the setting outside bg1 and 2.
I doubt most people here have bothered to keep up past 3rd edition, let alone know that Waterdeep has drag queens now.
Welcome to DnD 5e in 2023 hope you enjoy.
WotC
Forgotten Realms was such a trash setting to begin with. Let alone after the mind virus got ahold of it.
Ed Greenwood is a sex pest and most of the degeneracy in FR was always there, publishers just shoved that shit as far into the margins as possible.
At least its demographics kinda made sense in former editions I guess.

I know you really want to discuss bear sex, but sometimes there are going to be minor digressions, like my one fucking post on the subject. Try to be patient before calling for a nanny to help you avoid seeing wrongthink.
Wasn't me, I already caused you to lose your shit by saying that the codex generally likes Larian games. I will post the top 100 list again since that seems to annoy you, though.

https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=11193

Rhobar121

Scholar
Every single scene involving Nightsong is fucking awful. I'd wager reddit and twitter love her though since she ticks all their boxes.

I like the scene when she brutally massacres Ketheric's head.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Ed Greenwood is a sex pest and most of the degeneracy in FR was always there, publishers just shoved that shit as far into the margins as possible.
Eh. As I've said before, there's a specific brand to this modern degeneracy that Greenwood didn't adopt until he saw it was popular.

For example, he loved turning Elminster into a woman and having him have sex with men, but it was clearly just a perverted fantasy, not "oh wow, poor Elminster was born a woman on the inside and struggled with the oppression of a society that didn't understand intersectional feminism or gender-nonbinary blahblahblah"

Same with racism in D&D. Racism always existed in D&D. There were always things that could be seen as allegories to colonial slavery or whatever. Doesn't mean it was talking about white privilege - which, I'm not even sure how you would do that in a setting where only the wealthy have any privilege and all the cities are now multikult shitholes ruled by Diverse rulers.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Eh. As I've said before, there's a specific brand to this modern degeneracy that Greenwood didn't adopt until he saw it was popular.

For example, he loved turning Elminster into a woman and having him have sex with men, but it was clearly just a perverted fantasy, not "oh wow, poor Elminster was born a woman on the inside and struggled with the oppression of a society that didn't understand intersectional feminism or gender-nonbinary blahblahblah"

Same with racism in D&D. Racism always existed in D&D. There were always things that could be seen as allegories to colonial slavery or whatever. Doesn't mean it was talking about white privilege - which, I'm not even sure how you would do that in a setting where only the wealthy have any privilege and all the cities are now multikult shitholes ruled by Diverse rulers.
Yeah I didn't mean that he was a protoSJW or whatever, but if it was going to happen to any existing setting, it'd be FR.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
You're not fooling anyone
What am I trying to fool people into exactly? It's all there back a page or two ago. Go ahead and quote where I "lost my shit" by disagreeing with you that the Codex is pro-Larian. It's my opinion. So what?
Time to move on, Rusty's Cope Corner is calling...
I'm not leaving the site just because you happen to be butthurt at me (again).

Self-Ejected
Do you realize Baldur's gate is the most Cosmopolitan place of all sword coast?
Again, whites male humans are almost non-existent until you get to Baldur's Gate. And even there, they're a minority.

Call it as cosmopolitan as you like, but that's not accurate. Baldur's Gate shouldn't be loaded with half-orc and tiefling gaurds. It shouldn't be hard to find a single white male human NPC with dialog.
You have Thayan Enclaves
And what do Thayans look like? Perhaps not orcs, elves, tieflings and niggers usually?

And why are they "enclaves"? Almost as if the rest of the city isn't Thayan. What is the rest of the city? In BG3, they're fucking everything.
Merchants from Mulhorand
Mulhorand is far from the SC. Having merchants there doesn't mean the whole city will be full of niggers and ruled by a nigger.
Gnomes followers of Gond
Again, I am not comlaining about other races being there. There were gnomes there in BG1. Big deal. It's about the makeup of the city being more Diverse than New York.

None of this shit explains BG being white human males being a vast minority.
The fact the old games depict BG has a majority of white people
What is a majority? It's more than 50%. You don't even see 40% of the city being white. Not even 30%. Who's a white human male there in BG3? Lorroakan? The drag queen-looking main villain?

Everyone else, from the Duke to his guards to the nigger elf counselor you rescued from the inn are something else. That's not natural in a medieval setting. Air travel doesn't exist. It's hard to migrate. So you usually get a local race of some kind or another being at least somewhat dominant. It's how there are races to begin with.
Thayan, they vary in skin tone from white to copper even dark they are very very garding of their secrets however due to their magical skills and service usually big cities close and eye on them. Enclaves are usually places that act as an embassy for them.

Mulhorand is basically Egypt. Calimshan also trade with the Gate too and Calimshan are basically arabian nights.

I don't know i seen plenty of white humans in baldour's gate is not as bad as you paint it. You are exagerating a lot over here.Dark skin elves actually exist and are called Wood Elf. Their skin is from copper to bronze and brown slightly green sometimes. Natural medieval setting lol. Is a high magic fantasy the conception Forgotten Realms is medieval comes only from the false interpretation of bg1 and 2.

Flintlocks are in FR too you know? As well machinery and stuff stop seeing agendas everywhere! Lol.

If you would complain about Siege of Dragonspear well there i would had told you are right. Sod has many many istances of woke agendas.
Look i have all the manuals from the second edition on i am telling you that you are wrong in this.
My info comes from the second edition onward.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
What am I trying to fool people into exactly?
Pretending that you're calm when you're butthurt, as usual. Doesn't work when you start to accuse random people of reporting your posts though. :M
Here's me "losing my shit" according to you:
I don't think the Divinity games have that strong a fanbase here. They had some initial fans when the combat seemed novel, but I think most of us got tired of it and generally hate the humor.
Wow. Unhinged.

Meanwhile, you whining over and over and insisting that I'm big mad about it is totally normal. Well, for you, it kind of is.
Doesn't work when you start to accuse random people of reporting your posts though.
I didn't accuse random people. I accused you and Meb specifically because Meb was butthurt about it, and because you're one of her simps.

Someone reported it. That's according to King Crispy.

Self-Ejected
What am I trying to fool people into exactly?
Pretending that you're calm when you're butthurt, as usual. Doesn't work when you start to accuse random people of reporting your posts though. :M
Here's me "losing my shit" according to you:
I don't think the Divinity games have that strong a fanbase here. They had some initial fans when the combat seemed novel, but I think most of us got tired of it and generally hate the humor.
Wow. Unhinged.

Meanwhile, you whining over and over and insisting that I'm big mad about it is totally normal, right?
Doesn't work when you start to accuse random people of reporting your posts though.
I didn't accuse random people. I accused you and Meb because Meb specifically was butthurt about it, and because you're one of her simps.
No i had not reported you how little you know me. If i am arguing with you means that i seriously consider to have a conversation that is constructive. You saw me how i react when i post to someone i don't respect.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

I woudln't call it racism. Basically DnD had different species like Dwarves, and goblins, and orks. And if they wanted to preserve theirs species, each species needed AT LEAST ONE nation that was purebred, and contained nearly all population of their own species. Guests and tourist would have to be drastic minority, and possibly be forbidden to enter majority of area.

It's not racism when allowing some immigrant can literally cause people of native species explode. Or if breed rate of goblins is basically 300x higher than original population, and the original population would be on a way of being genocided if they wouldn't forbid different species to immigrate.

So yea, immigration of some species is basically equal to playing with fire.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Even if you could it's already ruined because he propositioned you for gay sex. And secondly, no there aren't any scenes of male comradery that aren't gay as fuck.
There's not really any cameraderie between anyone, be it male/male, male/female or female/female, since everyone has the same dialogue toward you no matter what.

It's definitely a legit criticism to make of the game that there's no way to actually befriend most companions, but I dunno why there's this fixation on Gale's cock in particular. You can't make Karlach into your best chum either, nor can female characters form a deep sisterly bond with Lae'zel or whoever. Basically all the companions are just like "fuck me" at the party scene and then ignore you for the next month and a half if you tell them no, Gale's not unique in that regard. Like you're going on about "faggots" 24/7 but disregarding the fact that you can't form a male/female or female/female friendship either, literally all interactions of any kind with any of the companions are doomed.

One thing I did notice is that the dialogue from the companions is like crazily self-centred. The player sort of dumbly asks bland questions that let the companion go on a five-hour expository diatribe. I guess that's also pretty BioWare-y but at least in DAO and ME1 it felt like you were kind of an active participant in the conversations, rather than just a recipient of exposition.

The worst thing I can say about BG3 is that it's actually making me want to replay the Dragon Age games, wtf.
In my next run, I will have sex with everyone and kill the tadpole with aids.

Self-Ejected

I woudln't call it racism. Basically DnD had different species like Dwarves, and goblins, and orks. And if they wanted to preserve theirs species, each species needed AT LEAST ONE nation that was purebred, and contained nearly all population of their own species. Guests and tourist would have to be drastic minority, and possibly be forbidden to enter majority of area.

It's not racism when allowing some immigrant can literally cause people of native species explode. Or if breed rate of goblins is basically 300x higher than original population, and the original population would be on a way of being genocided if they wouldn't forbid different species to immigrate.

So yea, immigration of some species is basically equal to playing with fire.
Immigrants waves are really happening for a reason in the game is not larian invention. Elturel a city realtively close to the gate was sucked in to avernus where was stuck there for quite some time. ((Thanks Zariel)) when finally elturel was restored to the material plane some resident were corrupted by ther presence in the Hells turning them in basically tiefling this created a lot of problem and many ex Elturel citizen were forced to leave as of course the city has a low tollerance for infernal or people with infernal blood. Bg3 has also slavery (Duergar do that) as well racism (If you select some specific races in the game you also get called in a lot of bad names some people may even panic and point the finger at you)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom