Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Self-Ejected
Morality! The game dosn't need to follow your morality is a fictional universe is not rocked science.
hZdQMIv.png
I'm speaking about a decline in morality for our world's perspective, not the game's world.
That is not relevant tho...
It's my opinion. And you were originally posting about the codex's complaints of Decline in gaming. I.e., our opinions.

Again: Given the gratuity of the amorality, the cinematic nature, how openly it's advertised and how unavoidable it is in game, this is my opinion.
See the difference between me and you is this.
Me: "I am all for artistic integrity i don't support any form of censorship"
You and people screaming about decline and morality: "I support censorship when fits my agenda the what is not should be censored"

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The last thing we need is more DOS2-style wanton sadism towards animals. That shit was seriously weird.
And yet, completely in character for degenerates like Larian.
It absolutely wasn't, not until they brought in a bunch of Bioware hopefuls and/or rejects to form their new writing team, which resulted in much more industry standard styled writing, special snowflake companions and also for some reason extreme animal cruelty. It's very easy to pinpoint when Larian became degenerates and that was with D:OS 2.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
You're not even a little embarrassed of what goes on in your home? How far Germany has fallen.

I've been to the US multiple times, it's still harmless around here compared to what I've seen in places like NCY, Philly, Montgomery, Los Angeles, Austin and Houston.
I'm plenty embarrassed by a lot of what happens in my country. I don't live in a big city. I'm not talking about feeling dangerous. I'm talking about being embarrassed about all the weirdos and freaks that live in Berlin and the disgusting shit they do.
Berlin is a massive shithole. I visited recently and it's unbelievable what a brown ghetto the city has turned into.

Hordes of Muslims wander the streets pushing carts of junk, young migrant men run around shouting and playing in traffic, the metro is filled with blacks and other browns, most of the restaurants are run by some kind of foreigner.

You'll be hard-pressed an actual German in Berlin, and when you do, you'll immediately recognize that something is wrong. The men are thin, limp-wristed creatures who ride bikes. The women are controlling pseudo-intellectuals.

The best looking parts of the city are historical monuments surrounded by brown tourists, with street hawkers offering go-cart rides to the local stripclub. (I kid you not, but I didn't actually see anyone take a ride in it, so maybe it was failed marketing.)

The closest thing you will likely find to a human there are the Russian immigrants, who love Mother Russia so much, but not enough to actually stay in Russia and fight its wars.

Self-Ejected
You're not even a little embarrassed of what goes on in your home? How far Germany has fallen.

I've been to the US multiple times, it's still harmless around here compared to what I've seen in places like NCY, Philly, Montgomery, Los Angeles, Austin and Houston.
I'm plenty embarrassed by a lot of what happens in my country. I don't live in a big city. I'm not talking about feeling dangerous. I'm talking about being embarrassed about all the weirdos and freaks that live in Berlin and the disgusting shit they do.
Berlin is a massive shithole. I visited recently and it's unbelievable what a brown ghetto the city has turned into.

Hordes of Muslims wander the streets pushing carts of junk, young migrant men run around shouting and playing in traffic, the metro is filled with blacks and other browns, most of the restaurants are run by some kind of foreigner.

You'll be hard-pressed an actual German in Berlin, and when you do, you'll immediately recognize that something is wrong. The men are thin, limp-wristed creatures who ride bikes. The women are controlling pseudo-intellectuals.

The best looking parts of the city are historical monuments surrounded by brown tourists and street hawkers offering go-cart rides to the local stripclub.

The closet thing you will likely find to a human there are the Russian immigrants who love Mother Russia so much, but not enough to actually stay in Russia and fight its wars.
How this is relevant about bg3?

Derringer

Prophet
To be frank given that Wizards of the Coast has been a degenerate as fuck femoid cunt globohomo gommie company for years it's surprising that BG3 even looks playable even though Larian made it, it looks like two different games slapped together like a lot of new shit from a lack of coherency with dev teams and bad femoid hireree writing. Just looking at Dragon Age Origins with the way the games devolved even with the liberal lite western cartoon elements of BG1 and 2 it really shouldn't be that surprising though.

Larian got 30% bought out by Tencent several years ago though so a lot of this shit comes off like intentional nigger-tier propaganda to me.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected
How this is relevant about bg3?
Go back in the conversation. The Sword Coast now has white male humans as a minority and so does Berlin.
Do you realize Baldur's gate is the most Cosmopolitan place of all sword coast? You have Thayan Enclaves, Merchants from Mulhorand, Gnomes followers of Gond stairght from Lantan and that is from way before than 5th edition. Again you don't know the source material of the setting. The fact the old games depict BG has a majority of white people city was never lore accurate to start with not even for the second edition. Is like complaining about Sigil to have planars wandering around the streets from every corner of the multiverse.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Game says I get "better versions" of some spells but... I don't?
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking for, you just have to select the level when casting it:
Right, some spells can be cast at a higher level without any difference in effect (e.g. haste), to allow for choice in which spells slot to expend, but many spells do cause more damage or otherwise have greater effect when cast at a higher level (e.g. the cleric Spirit Guardian spell).

Arkeus

Arcane
Do you realize Baldur's gate is the most Cosmopolitan place of all sword coast? You have Thayan Enclaves, Merchants from Mulhorand, Gnomes followers of Gond stairght from Lantan and that is from way before than 5th edition. Again you don't know the source material of the setting. The fact the old games depict BG has a majority of white people city was never lore accurate to start with not even for the second edition. Is like complaining about Sigil to have planars wandering around the streets from every corner of the multiverse.
For the last hundred or so pages a lot of people have been complaining the game was too lore accurate yeah, it's amusing. It's like actual rpg players here are rare :D

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

I'm only accountable for the things I'm doing. As we say in Germany, to each their own. Living in a capital comes naturally with the "disadvantage" sharing a space with a lot of people not having the same morals or Weltanschauung. It's been this way since ancient Rome and probably far beyond that.
My morals are mostly right leaning, but I'm also very tolerant in a sense that I don't want to genocide every person that holds different views or sexual preferences. Tolerance is the most abused word in modern politics, it's not about acceptance, it's about enduring.

Self-Ejected
For the last hundred or so pages a lot of people have been complaining the game was too lore accurate yeah, it's amusing. It's like actual rpg players here are rare :D
I doubt most people know the setting outside bg1 and 2.

Rhobar121

Scholar

I'm only accountable for the things I'm doing. As we say in Germany, to each their own. Living in a capital comes naturally with the "disadvantage" sharing a space with a lot of people not having the same morals or Weltanschauung. It's been this way since ancient Rome and probably far beyond that.
My morals are mostly right leaning, but I'm also very tolerant in a sense that I don't want to genocide every person that holds different views or sexual preferences. Tolerance is the most abused word in modern politics, it's not about acceptance, it's about enduring.
Are you sure you're german?

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

The best looking parts of the city are historical monuments surrounded by brown tourists, with street hawkers offering go-cart rides to the local stripclub. (I kid you not, but I didn't actually see anyone take a ride in it, so maybe it was failed marketing.)

This is very much on point and it has it's reasons I only traverse Berlin via Uber. That said, the city is big enough for some nice quarters tourists probably will never see. Biggest issue are arab Clans controlling huge swaths of the city up to the police force.
Also Berlin is historically a very left leaning city when it comes to culture. We just reconstructed the old purssian city palace in the center and there was a huge leftist outcry about the reconstruction as a whole and the Christian cross on the dome especially. City did nothing to support the reconstruction, it was all done by private donors (I donate too).
At the end, that thing was rebuilt and it has been a hit with tourists and real Berlinains alike despite the screeching. But this culture war happens with every effort to rebuild some old german glory. But in all cases, leftists loose due to the fact that most germans are in favor of getting some of that stuff back (most of it was destroyed by the communist GDR regime).

https://www.dw.com/en/cross-causes-controversy-atop-reconstructed-berlin-palace/a-53614166

Last edited:

Rhobar121

Scholar
Honestly, there's some truth to that.
The population of Baldur's Gate was always dominated by humans, though other races such as elves, dwarves, and to a lesser extent some drow, settled within the city and were not looked upon differently.[10] The older districts of the Upper City and Lower City were quite diverse, while newer neighborhoods and those of the Outer City saw some homogenization along ethnic and racial lines. While no race was outright banned, more-monstrous humanoids such as trolls, ogres and orcs were a rare sight indeed.[16]

As anyone was welcome to visit or conduct business in The Gate, its population continually swelled as the city's geographical size grew well beyond its walls. How the city did not collapse upon itself, was unfathomable to many.
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Baldur's_Gate#Population

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

Are you sure you're german?

Total sicher.

Self-Ejected
Honestly, there's some truth to that.
The population of Baldur's Gate was always dominated by humans, though other races such as elves, dwarves, and to a lesser extent some drow, settled within the city and were not looked upon differently.[10] The older districts of the Upper City and Lower City were quite diverse, while newer neighborhoods and those of the Outer City saw some homogenization along ethnic and racial lines. While no race was outright banned, more-monstrous humanoids such as trolls, ogres and orcs were a rare sight indeed.[16]

As anyone was welcome to visit or conduct business in The Gate, its population continually swelled as the city's geographical size grew well beyond its walls. How the city did not collapse upon itself, was unfathomable to many.
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Baldur's_Gate#Population
Told you.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
image.png

Gut gives you the Sleep potion, if you refuse she casts Sleep on you anyway and you don't get a roll to resist either. REACTIVITY LUL

Rhobar121

Scholar
image.png

Gut gives you the Sleep potion, if you refuse she casts Sleep on you anyway and you don't get a roll to resist either. REACTIVITY LUL
If I remember correctly there is no saving throw against sleep.

Also if you play a race that is immune to sleep, she will just attack after drinking (obviously the goblin is too stupid to know that elves cannot be put to sleep)./SPOILER]

Vatnik Wumao

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I'm confused about Gayle.

What exactly he holds in his bum? A piece of the original weave that was trapped inside a netherese spellbook? Or a netherese orb. Sometimes it's just weave, sometimes it's orb.

Did I misunderstood something, or this is confusing leftover after rewrites?
"Netherese" is just code for "It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit"
Despite, of course, there being lore what the Netherese were up to

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom