Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
https://www.thegamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-male-characters-hit-on-player-gay-lgbtq/

Some of the best quotes from dudebros the article hates

"Are there no straight characters in this game?" asks a Steam user. "Literally every character can be seduced and hits on you constantly. This is immersion breaking.
"The game just isn't fun when everyone around you constantly wants to gloryhole your character...that is NOT D&D,"
"This will be the last game I buy. I do not wanna be deepthroated again."

Imagine how much more normal and funnier these dudebros are than the fags and trannies defending this on codex sounding exactly like gaymer.com

Self-Ejected
Doomers: screeching about decline.
Larian: “One Steam, bad games and no solution in sight. I could fix it all, like that. Take all the time you need. Try to search yourself, shop around, beg, borrow and steal. Exhaust every possibility until none are left. And when hope has been whittled down to the very marrow of despair, that’s when you’ll come knocking on my door.”

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
4793.png
Meanwhile, if you pic a white male human, you'll see make 3 or 4 until somewhere in Act 2 or 3. Literally a minority on the Sword Coast.

Muh "Medieval" fantasy.
It's not a fantasy at all for British players

Living in Berlin, I also got that warm homely feeling.
I was on deployment/rotation in Germany before. I was talking to a bartender in Kaiserlautern and asked her about places in Germany I should visit. She said Berlin was weird as fuck with a bunch of sexual degenerates. I said you mean like men dressing as women? She said that's the least of it.

You're not even a little embarrassed of what goes on in your home? How far Germany has fallen.
Germans have always been fucked up.
They weren't always fucked up. There was a guy and party who took care of degenerates. He took care of the hot bed of degeneracy Berlin was under the Weimar Republic.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I am more shocked this game gets so much hate.
It doesn't, it's going to be one of the top 100 codex games alongside the BGs and most of the Divinity games. The anti-Larian lobby is loud but not that strong.
I don't think the Divinity games have that strong a fanbase here. They had some initial fans when the combat seemed novel, but I think most of us got tired of it and generally hate the humor.

BG3 does what it does right very well. But what it gets wrong is egregious.

I think that once more of us actually finish the game, there will be at least a 50/50 ratio of people who hate it to people who love it. Maybe even more who hate it by some margin.

But, like with Todd Howard's turds, which I know you're a fan of, I think that its popularity will eventually mean newbies will come here and outnumber the people who hate it.

Hagashager

Educated
efinitely more of a male thing but if female players wanted to bring up that criticism I wouldn't disagree.

Implying women would know about real camaraderie.
Not to the degree that men do. Especially in the context of adventure and battle. That's more of a man's domain.

The one thing I learned in several work environments is that there is no glass ceiling but the inability of most women to form networks to help each other on their career path. Most women will always try to get a foothold in male networks, because that is much more easy.
Women are much more catty and quick to turn on each other than men. Besides that I can tell you battle is more of a man's domain and it's a brotherhood, not a sisterhood. Even female soldiers are often catty and have a lot of drama with each other.

But there's also the fact the vast majority of players are men and regular dudes. Most of them romance shadow pussy based on the stats. So they're wasting all this time putting this faggot and female content in the game that the vast majority of players won't experience but they won't put a single bro moment in the game which would have much more appeal. Bioware was smart enough to always have at least one bro in their games (besides the trash DA sequels which I can't comment on since I never played.)
You gave me shit earlier for suggesting BG 3's companions weren't that bad, then listed off older companions from when BioWare was decent.

I *did* play the later games, with the exception of Verric, pretty much every DA II and DA:I companion is painfully awful. Ditto for Andromeda as well.

Ironically, the only NPC that didn't piss me off completely in Inquisition was that gay Quanari who actually does a good job being a bro if you don't swing that way, and a romance if you do.

Self-Ejected
I am more shocked this game gets so much hate.
It doesn't, it's going to be one of the top 100 codex games alongside the BGs and most of the Divinity games. The anti-Larian lobby is loud but not that strong.
I don't think the Divinity games have that strong a fanbase here. They had some initial fans when the combat seemed novel, but I think most of us got tired of it and generally hate the humor.

I think that once more of us actually finish the game, there will be at least a 50/50 ratio of people who hate it to people who love it. Maybe even more who hate it by some margin.

But, like with Todd Howard's turds, which I know you're a fan of, I think that its popularity will eventually mean newbies will come here and outnumber the people who hate it.
Yes the codex will have a huge surge of gals friends of mine that will join and are in loved with bg3!

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Lmao imagine being retarded enough to think these companions are anywhere near the level of Alistar, Morrigan, Garrus, Wrex, Mordin, Edwin, Viciona, Jolee, Canderous, Hk 47.
Imagine thinking that Bioware has been anything other than decline and that, as far as companions and romances are concerned, Larian is not following a path already trail-blazed by Bioware.

That moment when you sold all that infernal metal in Act 1 because one didn't know it becomes relevant in Act 2 if you met Dammon again at the Last Light Inn. :0-13:
IIRC, there's at least one piece of Infernal Iron in Act II as well; I think I found five pieces total. :M

Is that intentional? I legit thought my game was bugged, I tell the fat Masters-of-the-Universe-looking bastard to go have a drink or whatever and the next day all my dialogue is me being like "u-um a-about last night... :3" even though nothing happened last night and I exchanged less words with him than the average person does with their houseplant. Thought it was just one of the many bugged triggers that seem to exist, like Lae'zel having no dialogue with me for the entire game.
Initially, I interpreted it as a bug in scripting, but in retrospect, given the information provided from others as to their experience with the "romances" in this game, I think Larian intentionally scripted Halsin so that only being rude to him shuts down the player-sexual interest entirely, just as refusing Gale's offer to experience the "Weave" shuts down his player-sexual interactions. Probably, this works in similar fashion for the other companions.

I encountered some kind of bug and owlbear pup never appeared at my camp after the gobbos gave him to me.
You're missing out on the best content offered by Baldur's Gate 3.

BG3-Owlbear.png

Last edited:

Cope, seethe, move to rpghq.

https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=11193

Self-Ejected
Doomers: screeching about decline.
The game is objective decline in terms of writing, worldbuilding and anything resembling morality.

It's incline in choices and consequences, and slight incline in combat, but that's about it.
Morality! The game dosn't need to follow your morality is a fictional universe is not rocked science. About writing in my opinion is well written but of course who don't know the lore may miss hints left and right about stuff the game assumes you to know about the setting. And despite the codex being incline bringers when it comes to know settings majority of them proved to be ignorant on it as we seen a lot of posts back.

Wrath of the righteous has a waaaay worse writing in many ways aside of Regil one of the best companions the rest is plain meh.

Herumor

Scholar
Can someone remind me again what are the in-game reasons they use for your companions being level 1, what with their backgrounds?

Shadowheart is, I presume, level 1 due to Shar shenanigans.

Karlach being level 1 is something to do with her infernal engine not working well outside of Avernus if I remember correctly.

Gale has the Netherese orb thingamajig in his chest as an excuse.

But what do they use as an excuse for Wyll, Astarion and Lae'zel?

Self-Ejected
Can someone remind me again what are the in-game reasons they use for your companions being level 1, what with their backgrounds?

Karlach being level 1 is something to do with her infernal engine not working well outside of Avernus if I remember correctly.

But what do they use as an excuse for Wyll, Astarion and Lae'zel?
The tadpole weakens a character. Is something explained well by Wyll during a conversation he describes to had been way more powerfull till he got kidnapped ending with a tadpole. The magic that imbue the tadpole is that powerful so powerful that is also beyond the wave.

"Netherese magic"

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Morality! The game dosn't need to follow your morality is a fictional universe is not rocked science.
hZdQMIv.png
I'm speaking about a decline in morality for our world's perspective, not the game's world.

Given the gratuity of the amorality, the cinematic nature, how openly it's advertised and how unavoidable it is in game, this is my opinion.

Larianshill

Arbiter
There's no suggestion in the plot that she was ever powerful.
Yes, and it's a very weak excuse.
Gale mostly seems to use the tadpole as an excuse.
Uses a tadpole as an excuse in banter with Gale, says that he's weaker than before.
No explaination for why he's so weak for a vampire spawn is ever given, probably more convenient tadpole bullshit.
There's no suggestion in the plot that she was ever powerful.

Overall, the game does not dwell on it too much, and all the excuses are hidden in party banter and throwaway, never to be addressed again, lines.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Lmao imagine being retarded enough to think these companions are anywhere near the level of Alistar, Morrigan, Garrus, Wrex, Mordin, Edwin, Viciona, Jolee, Canderous, Hk 47.
Imagine thinking that Bioware has been anything other than decline and that, as far as companions and romances are concerned, Larian is not following a path already trail-blazed by Bioware.
bg3owlbear05dq5.png
Romance between a man and woman = normal.
Everyone being a raging faggot = not normal.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Morality! The game dosn't need to follow your morality is a fictional universe is not rocked science.
hZdQMIv.png
I'm speaking about a decline in morality for our world's perspective, not the game's world.
That is not relevant tho...
It's my opinion. And you were originally posting about the codex's complaints of Decline in gaming. I.e., our opinions.

Again: Given the gratuity of the amorality, the cinematic nature, how openly it's advertised and how unavoidable it is in game, this is my opinion.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
You're not even a little embarrassed of what goes on in your home? How far Germany has fallen.

I've been to the US multiple times, it's still harmless around here compared to what I've seen in places like NCY, Philly, Montgomery, Los Angeles, Austin and Houston. But yeah, like every western capital, Berlin is a hotbed for all things Codex considers degenerate.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

I've been to the US multiple times, it's still harmless around here compared to what I've seen in places like NCY, Philly, Montgomery, Los Angeles, Austin and Houston.
I'm plenty embarrassed by a lot of what happens in my country. I don't live in a big city. I'm not talking about feeling dangerous. I'm talking about being embarrassed about all the weirdos and freaks that live in Berlin and the disgusting shit they do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom