Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I saw a player get harassed by the camp skeleton who provides resurrections why isn't he shagging anyone. He basically got called an incel for not engaging in video game romances.
He also calls you out for being distracted by your horniness if you do get into a romance
1692425744858.png

He just lives for judging you no matter what

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
My man Wyll is suddenly not in the camp anymore. He got the horns, then I freed Halsin, had the party with the Tieflings and now he's missing. I wonder if it's a bug or not.

I also really want to use the mod that allows me to have more party members but I fear the next upgrade will brick that. Real-life C&C is always such a bitch

You can ignore it, just means the launcher doesn't know the mod. Check the mods pages to see if there are instructions on what to do if there's a patch.

Of course she is a servant of Shar, could have guessed it 100 miles away
It shouldn't have been hard, she says it herself, I think. The symbol is also on her default armor.
It's also on her character sheet.

Tags
ShadowheartHigh Half-ElfClericAcolyte121414101610Baldurian, Cleric of Shar, High Half-Elf, Half-Elf, Humanoid, Shadowheart

The beeg secret is something else.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Lmao, speaking of gay shit, i got into the Owlbear cave and now i unlocked a fuck ton of lore shit with Shadowwaifu.

Of course she is a servant of Shar, could have guessed it 100 miles away, but she still act like damnsel in distress waifu. Trying to get into her pants in the vain hope it'll protect me from the gay so i'm not gonna have my pally make a fuss that she worships evil.

Ho yes had Astarion pick up the Selune box, she didn't even registered it. Such choice and consequences. *I'm waifu, it's either me or loot box* Picks up loot box anyway.

Stealth is interesting feels like i'm playing Commandos. I had to cast some illusory spell with Astarion to get mama bear to look the other way while i snatched the armor in the corpse near her nest. I also saw there's a rock spike hanging overhead, but i don't want to kill the mama so i'm not gonna try to use it. Arcane Trickster may be weak but it's a great RP choice for Astarion. Just picked all the illusion and charm spells. If he gotta be a vampire he might as well just vampire away.
You should stop playing the game, it seems to drive you crazy. I mean crazier than usual

Red Hexapus

Savant
One thing that is really jarring to me, is that the MAIN CHAR is the best fucking mime in the Forgotten Realms. Every character in the game has their lines spoken and well animated. Contrast this with the main character, who has a selection of non-voiced responses, which are followed by exaggerated facial expressions. I mean, I know why they have done this like that, but it still doesn't make it less jarring. At least they didn't go with the stupid first-person past-tense choices they were going for in the beginning (e.g. "I've decided to punch him in the face").

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
You can ignore it, just means the launcher doesn't know the mod. Check the mods pages to see if there are instructions on what to do if there's a patch.

Of course she is a servant of Shar, could have guessed it 100 miles away
It shouldn't have been hard, she says it herself, I think. The symbol is also on her default armor.
It's also on her character sheet.

Tags
ShadowheartHigh Half-ElfClericAcolyte121414101610Baldurian, Cleric of Shar, High Half-Elf, Half-Elf, Humanoid, Shadowheart

The beeg secret is something else.
Almost as big as the secret of Wyll being a warlock. I think most people don't even realize it was supposed to be a secret.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not like she has anything to say after act 1
She does.
She gets 6 seconds long heart surgery from a blacksmith and thanks to it can finally fuck main character.
After that she occasionally does "trying to be funny in a serious situation" bit, which is why I had to remove her from the party.

BG3 truly recreates the tabletop experience by simulating the annoying "funny" person at the table.

Last edited:

Kiste

Augur
BG3 truly recreates the tabletop experience by simulating the annoying "funny" person at the table.

The annoying "funny" person at the table rarely plays a Tiefling Barbarian, though. It's usually a midget race rogue or bard or something else that can be interpreted as a "trickster".

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The annoying "funny" person at the table rarely plays a Tiefling Barbarian, though. It's usually a midget race rogue or bard or something else that can be interpreted as a "trickster".
Tieflings have been the race of choice for annoying "funny" persons at the table since 4e made them a core race. Rogues and bards are indeed more popular choices for that demographic, but barbarian is not as uncommon as you think. All three classes give them enough of an excuse to play as the chaotic stupid snowflake of their dreams.

The male companions all reveal themselves as insufferably gay after a while (Astarion breaks the pattern by revealing himself as insufferably gay immediately), but I like all three women for their (probably unintentional) realism. Shadowheart as a catty, bitchy femme fatale wannabe who is really not as good at her game as she thinks, Lae'zel as the "strong" woman who tries to make some noise but secretly and ultimately really approves of you not taking her shit and taking charge and Karlach as, well, it has already been discussed. The party is a dysfunctional mess and I love it!

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's no way around making the NPCs playersexual once you move to body types 1 2 3 4 instead of male or female.
Make a check for face choice for romance.

Once you get to take off your clothes make a check on body type: If it fits then you fugg, if it doesn't the NPC runs away screaming and leaves the party permanently.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Seeing Laezel's voice actress makes me wish they had a second female companion npc voiced by her, then it could have been modelled after her

:shredder:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom