Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
I feel like I'm going insane seeing lemmings praise an unfinished, buggy, and poorly optimised game that had day 1 dlc and advertised cut content as little as two months ago for being complete, bugless, well optimised, and free of dlc.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I'm sure someone's already working on making Lazazela look like the one gith in the history of Gith to not look like Pepa the Frog.

Sort of like that one orc chick in Warcraft.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
so only storyfags and people that can't say no to gay sex in a video game are unhappy with the game
"Just say no" the low IQ gaymer shows up again. We've gone over pages of why that argument is retarded but here comes the mongoloid regurgitating it again.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Seeing Laezel's voice actress makes me wish they had a second female companion npc voiced by her, then it could have been modelled after her

:shredder:

Shadowheart's voice actress is also a qt. It's curious how western devs keep making fantasy women that are less hot than real women.

And by curious, I mean completely predictable in this day and age.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I feel like I'm going insane seeing lemmings praise an unfinished, buggy, and poorly optimised game that had day 1 dlc and advertised cut content as little as two months ago for being complete, bugless, well optimised, and free of dlc.

I feel like the Cult of Larian has reached old CDPR Geraldo levels and might be gunning for FromSoftware's GitGud crown.

It doesn't hurt that there's a good game underneath all the issues, but still...

Gradenmayer

Learned
so only storyfags and people that can't say no to gay sex in a video game are unhappy with the game
"Just say no" the low IQ gaymer shows up again. We've gone over pages of why that argument is retarded but here comes the mongoloid regurgitating it again.
If you don’t want to refuse men’s advances- you are gay. Sorry to break it for you.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I installed some mods and now i have this stupid message on launcher

ZR4VZwk.png
I won't be modding until the true release; 2.o is out. Many mods probably won't get updated in time for game updates.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
If you don’t want to refuse men’s advances- you are gay. Sorry to break it for you.

Ofc you say no, the problem is you have to say it again, and again, and again, and again.

I mean, you are very often presented with several options leading to gay sex and you have to find the needle in the haystack option that refuses it, which is often a dull-as-ditchwater option.

The emotional labour is wearing.

Arkeus

Arcane
Ho yes had Astarion pick up the Selune box, she didn't even registered it. Such choice and consequences. *I'm waifu, it's either me or loot box* Picks up loot box anyway.
... You had a stealth check with Astarion, of course she didn't register it.

If you don't succeed on that check you have to try to convince her it's OK or she gets quite pissed (one of the amusing argument for why it's OK is basically debasing enemy relics).
Ofc you say no, the problem is you have to say it again, and again, and again, and again.

I mean, you are very often presented with several options leading to gay sex and you have to find the needle in the haystack option that refuses it, which is often a dull-as-ditchwater option.

The emotional labour is wearing.
A no works with most characters, but Gale (and maybe Halsin) are either bugged, or are meant to portray the type of people who just try to pretend a no means they can try again next week.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
The male party member is dead to me after I refuse their advance. That doesn't solve the issue. That party member is still a flaming faggot even tho I said no. I want a game that doesn't exclusively have faggots as party members. It's really fucking stupid and immersion breaking to have a game where being straight doesn't exist

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Do you think it's realistic and immersive for a game to have zero heterosexual party members? Is there something lore related to heterosexuality not existing in D&D lore or larian just went full retard on romances?

mastroego

Arcane
One thing that is really jarring to me, is that the MAIN CHAR is the best fucking mime in the Forgotten Realms. Every character in the game has their lines spoken and well animated. Contrast this with the main character, who has a selection of non-voiced responses, which are followed by exaggerated facial expressions. I mean, I know why they have done this like that, but it still doesn't make it less jarring. At least they didn't go with the stupid first-person past-tense choices they were going for in the beginning (e.g. "I've decided to punch him in the face").
Made me realize that the way it was handled in BG2 was a lot less immersion breaking.
The companions would have some starting lines voiced, just to add that bit of character, and the rest was text.
You didn't really notice the issue.

Now with full animations and the player in constant mime stance (as you say), it's entirely ridiculous.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
See you tomorrow.
I must say it kept nagging me this whole time I had it deleted. I think I'm gonna give it a chance with a new approach; no Larian-made companions, and looking only into the promising containers instead of clicking into 19 barrells in the room as if I am playing a kleptomaniacal-lunacy simulator instead of a game with a sense towards finding a treasure. Maybe I'll retain Githyanki. I feel she's the only one whose arrogance/edginess is on point, based on the lore relevant to her race.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ran into the first of these mythical "bugs" I heard so much about and unfortunately, it's a big one. I can't talk to ANYONE. Just nothing happens when you click on any character. even in camp.

vota DC

Augur
Seeing Laezel's voice actress makes me wish they had a second female companion npc voiced by her, then it could have been modelled after her

:shredder:

Shadowheart's voice actress is also a qt. It's curious how western devs keep making fantasy women that are less hot than real women.

And by curious, I mean completely predictable in this day and age.

Both are beasts and not human females so It makes sense. They could be cute like a cat or female companions of planescape torment but still not human.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BG3 truly recreates the tabletop experience by simulating the annoying "funny" person at the table.

The annoying "funny" person at the table rarely plays a Tiefling Barbarian, though. It's usually a midget race rogue or bard or something else that can be interpreted as a "trickster".

The annoying funny person apears to be the entire writing team at Larian.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I really like the game but it could be massively improved by being at least 50% less horny. I understand that they're going for laughs but after the 100th time something gross and sexual happens there's not even any shock factor anymore.

1692438185565.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom