Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1692402942660.png

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Ed Greenwood is a sex pest and most of the degeneracy in FR was always there, publishers just shoved that shit as far into the margins as possible.
Eh. As I've said before, there's a specific brand to this modern degeneracy that Greenwood didn't adopt until he saw it was popular.

For example, he loved turning Elminster into a woman and having him have sex with men, but it was clearly just a perverted fantasy, not "oh wow, poor Elminster was born a woman on the inside and struggled with the oppression of a society that didn't understand intersectional feminism or gender-nonbinary blahblahblah"

Same with racism in D&D. Racism always existed in D&D. There were always things that could be seen as allegories to colonial slavery or whatever. Doesn't mean it was talking about white privilege - which, I'm not even sure how you would do that in a setting where only the wealthy have any privilege and all the cities are now multikult shitholes ruled by Diverse rulers.
I woudln't call it racism. Basically DnD had different species like Dwarves, and goblins, and orks. And if they wanted to preserve theirs species, each species needed AT LEAST ONE nation that was purebred, and contained nearly all population of their own species. Guests and tourist would have to be drastic minority, and possibly be forbidden to enter majority of area.

It's not racism when allowing some immigrant can literally cause people of native species explode. Or if breed rate of goblins is basically 300x higher than original population, and the original population would be on a way of being genocided if they wouldn't forbid different species to immigrate.

So yea, immigration of some species is basically equal to playing with fire.
Immigrants waves are really happening for a reason in the game is not larian invention. Elturel a city realtively close to the gate was sucked in to avernus where was stuck there for quite some time. ((Thanks Zariel)) when finally elturel was restored to the material plane some resident were corrupted by ther presence in the Hells turning them in basically tiefling this created a lot of problem and many ex Elturel citizen were forced to leave as of course the city has a low tollerance for infernal or people with infernal blood. Bg3 has also slavery (Duergar do that) as well racism (If you select some specific races in the game you also get called in a lot of bad names some people may even panic and point the finger at you)

Wait is it some 5E invention? Are they raping old lore just to get some weird new extravagant stuff?

We should probably keep talking about lore between 1E-3.5E.
Like WotC screwed up with 4E ruleset and lore, and they didn't improve much with 5E.

Self-Ejected
Ed Greenwood is a sex pest and most of the degeneracy in FR was always there, publishers just shoved that shit as far into the margins as possible.
Eh. As I've said before, there's a specific brand to this modern degeneracy that Greenwood didn't adopt until he saw it was popular.

For example, he loved turning Elminster into a woman and having him have sex with men, but it was clearly just a perverted fantasy, not "oh wow, poor Elminster was born a woman on the inside and struggled with the oppression of a society that didn't understand intersectional feminism or gender-nonbinary blahblahblah"

Same with racism in D&D. Racism always existed in D&D. There were always things that could be seen as allegories to colonial slavery or whatever. Doesn't mean it was talking about white privilege - which, I'm not even sure how you would do that in a setting where only the wealthy have any privilege and all the cities are now multikult shitholes ruled by Diverse rulers.
I woudln't call it racism. Basically DnD had different species like Dwarves, and goblins, and orks. And if they wanted to preserve theirs species, each species needed AT LEAST ONE nation that was purebred, and contained nearly all population of their own species. Guests and tourist would have to be drastic minority, and possibly be forbidden to enter majority of area.

It's not racism when allowing some immigrant can literally cause people of native species explode. Or if breed rate of goblins is basically 300x higher than original population, and the original population would be on a way of being genocided if they wouldn't forbid different species to immigrate.

So yea, immigration of some species is basically equal to playing with fire.
Immigrants waves are really happening for a reason in the game is not larian invention. Elturel a city realtively close to the gate was sucked in to avernus where was stuck there for quite some time. ((Thanks Zariel)) when finally elturel was restored to the material plane some resident were corrupted by ther presence in the Hells turning them in basically tiefling this created a lot of problem and many ex Elturel citizen were forced to leave as of course the city has a low tollerance for infernal or people with infernal blood. Bg3 has also slavery (Duergar do that) as well racism (If you select some specific races in the game you also get called in a lot of bad names some people may even panic and point the finger at you)

Wait is it some 5E invention? Are they raping old lore just to get some weird new extravagant stuff?

We should probably keep talking about lore between 1E-3.5E.
Like they screwed up with 4E, and they didn't improve much with 5E.

No descent of avernus was a module released as prequel for bg3. Bg3 built their game on top of that shortly after the events on the module. And also a nice module.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

What's really present in this and missing from previous degeneracy (which was indeed always in this, our dear hobby), is that there's critical theory and the theory of intersectionality, and a whole shit-ton of financial pressure behind it now (not just in this, but in all modern product). It's institutionalized normalization, whereas before it was just a few individuals' quaint perversions.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Astarion: Ey honey gimme some of that parasite fun mkay?
*Doesn't react when you actually give him a Mind Flayer ability*

REACTIVITY

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Calm down
You're not fooling anyone, everyone can see how you reacted to me simply saying that Larian games are generally popular here so BG3 is probably going to be in the next top 100. Unfortunately for you, this is unlikely to change. Time to move on, Rusty's Cope Corner is calling...
Just to be clear: he is referring to RPGHQ.ORG/FORUMS/

Self-Ejected

What's really present in this and missing from previous degeneracy (which was indeed always in this, our dear hobby), is that there's critical theory and the theory of intersectionality, and a whole shit-ton of financial pressure behind it now (not just in this, but in all modern product). It's institutionalized normalization, whereas before it was just a few individuals' quaint perversions.
That's not actually very true. Greenwood had always his vision for forgotten realms at some point they attempted to tone it down but ultimately larian decided to stick more to Ed vision.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
It was neither of these two you idiot.
It was a guess. This narrows down the list though.

Eisenheinrich, I'm looking at you. :M

Fucking hell just because I'm german that doesn't mean I report everything to the authorities. Given this is the codex, I wouldn't even know where to start nor what the mods consider report worthy. I need clear laws what is verboten and what not to even consider a purge.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

That's not actually very true. Greenwood had always his vision for forgotten realms at some point they attempted to tone it down but ultimately larian decided to stick more to Ed vision.

Not sure how you think that's responsive to what I said.

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I'm getting reports of off-topic conversation in here so whatever the German words for "Knock it the fuck off" are, well, do that.
Mebrilia the Viera Queen
Clockwork Knight

I know you really want to get back to discussing bear sex itt, but sometimes there are going to be minor digressions, like my one fucking post, which still related to BG3. Try to be patient before calling for a nanny to help you avoid seeing wrongthink.

Pretty sure that was me calling out someone for being a tranny, she or "it" ran to the mods, so either way, I was 100% on point because women and soft men always run to the men with guns for protection. Same as it ever was. (speculating, I could be totally off base, but who knows)

I already made peace with her so it would be especially odd but who knows how people's brains work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

Exactly, stuff like D&D was always a refuge for freaks, weirdos and outcasts, but now we are in a world where the powers that be are pushing degeneracy and perversion as mainstream. I am genuinely fascinated to see how far it will go as there seem to be no brakes on this train.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
people that can't say no to gay sex

Anybody who uses this argument is either retarded or he is not arguing in good faith.

I guess if i go out and some guy tries to fuck me, and i say "no", that means he isn't gay anymore, right?

It's also untrue as saying "no" does jack shit. Gale will try to fuck you over and over, doesn't matter what you tell him.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Happened right now: just met Raphael.

Pretentious much? I imagine the writers really patted each other on the back with this one. So clever am i right?

janior

Arcane
Patron
yeah i mean i guess they could've tone this shit down a bit but idk i did not romance any characters and imo games like that would be better off without sex(gay and normal)
either way its not a deal breaker for me, still enjoying the game a lot

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, speaking of gay shit, i got into the Owlbear cave and now i unlocked a fuck ton of lore shit with Shadowwaifu.

Of course she is a servant of Shar, could have guessed it 100 miles away, but she still act like damnsel in distress waifu. Trying to get into her pants in the vain hope it'll protect me from the gay so i'm not gonna have my pally make a fuss that she worships evil.

Ho yes had Astarion pick up the Selune box, she didn't even registered it. Such choice and consequences. *I'm waifu, it's either me or loot box* Picks up loot box anyway.

Stealth is interesting feels like i'm playing Commandos. I had to cast some illusory spell with Astarion to get mama bear to look the other way while i snatched the armor in the corpse near her nest. I also saw there's a rock spike hanging overhead, but i don't want to kill the mama so i'm not gonna try to use it. Arcane Trickster may be weak but it's a great RP choice for Astarion. Just picked all the illusion and charm spells. If he gotta be a vampire he might as well just vampire away.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
I saw a player get harassed by the camp skeleton who provides resurrections why isn't he shagging anyone. He basically got called an incel for not engaging in video game romances.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom