Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

MerchantKing

Learned
Funny if you visit Larian forum, people shit there on BG III more than codex
Even reddit is turning on the game, yesterday it was thousand of redditors crying about endings, act 3 and cut content, today they cry about evil playthrough being half baked and unfinished:

The more people play, the more they realize the game is excellent at giving you the illusion of choice and freedom, but when starting another playthrough you very quickly realize it was all a lie and there is only one, very linear path through everything, and only thing that that can change is that you can lock yourself out of some content by making some choices, but you'll never get different content in exchange. After doing one good playthrough, you saw everything the game has to offer, there is no point in replaying it. No different than any high budget AAA before it, reactivity/C&C revolution was a total lie.

Only Codex larianiggers are fanatically defending the game and still pretending it's absolutely perfect.

Why is losing content a bad thing? Game seems huge.

C&C done right.

Maybe refer to
but you'll never get different content in exchange

Reinhardt

Arcane
Why is losing content a bad thing? Game seems huge.

C&C done right.
Because the eternal trope of "you get nothing for being evil" is extremely tiresome. Especially since the main actual motivator for people being "evil" is hunger for power/greed which gets completely thrown out of the window when heroic decisions and "sacrifices" give you more material rewards than the opposite.

Also it's not good C&C when one type of decisions has no consequence other than loss of content because you have no motivation to pick it then. It's not about an individual choice making you miss out, it's about an endemic disparity of content between different thematic paths.
i somehow doubt people do evil so they can do more fetch quests for some random hobos later. i thought their aim is completely opposite, no?
"if i rape this swedish chick i can at last do my 180 hours of community service!"

Shaki

Arbiter
I'm up to act 3 now and haven't seen the companions interact with each other a single time. That's extremely lazy
They talk to each other pretty often, both in dialogue and in exploration quips?
I haven't seen this at all. Maybe I just chose companions that don't talk to each other much? I was using Karlach, Shadowheart, and Astarion up until I got Jaheira and dropped Karlach.

Since redditors and Larian forum users nearly don't waste the same amount of time sperging about niggas and fags in the game, the most deep delving into the issues of BG3 are to be found there
True, but it's more due to the fact that on Codex you can't delve deep into the issues, because the moment you say anything negative about the game, the clown triplets arrive to spam "BUCK BROKEN BY SWEN, TOP 1 METACRITIC, WE LIVE IN A POST BG3 AGE" for 10 pages and derail the thread until no one remembers the original point :M

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Larian shot themselves in the foot assuming no one would play an evil run (which is funny considered how much Dark Urge screams of being the intended default) while their own statistic shows that 35 percent of player sided with the goblins against the Druid Enclave. That is not a small minority. 35 percent of players are experiencing a worse playthrough due to buying into Larian's marketing for evil run being an unique experience.

Last edited:

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
"BUCK BROKEN BY SWEN, TOP 1 METACRITIC, WE LIVE IN A POST BG3 AGE"

I found the ignore tool to be super helpful to purify threads from all kinds of this one-liner shit. Imaging pulling out an IGN review to proove a point. We all know IGN has been shit since forever and their opinions are shit.
My reception of the game continues to be positive but with a positive reception comes also an emotional investment to call out the glaring flaws because it's obvious the game could be much better.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

I found the ignore tool to be super helpful to purify threads from all kinds of this one-liner shit. Imaging pulling out an IGN review to proove a point. We all know IGN has been shit since forever and their opinions are shit.
My reception of the game continues to be positive but with a positive reception comes also an emotional investment to call out the glaring flaws because it's obvious the game could be much better.
You really are a sensitive little prancing lala homo man.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
i somehow doubt people do evil so they can do more fetch quests for some random hobos later. i thought their aim is completely opposite, no?
"if i rape this swedish chick i can at last do my 180 hours of community service!"
it's not about random fetch quests

janior

Arcane
Patron
as much as i like the game it could've def use at least 6 more months of dev time
standards for quality are so low nowdays it gets a pass

Reinhardt

Arcane
it's not about random fetch quests
but random fetch quests mean more exp! and more exp = more power! all evil people should do more random fetch quests!

Shaki

Arbiter

Ignoring is gay and I refuse to do it

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
This game is mysogynistic or however that is called.

Kagha has 84HP and is labeled Archdruid, yet Halsin (38HP ordinary druid) is the "master of the grove."
Yet another example of the patriarchy holding wamens down.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

Ignoring is gay and I refuse to do it

Much Insecurity. You know what is gay? Quitting a game because a male companion has a haircut you don't like.

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm up to act 3 now and haven't seen the companions interact with each other a single time. That's extremely lazy
They talk to each other pretty often, both in dialogue and in exploration quips?
I haven't seen this at all. Maybe I just chose companions that don't talk to each other much? I was using Karlach, Shadowheart, and Astarion up until I got Jaheira and dropped Karlach.

Since redditors and Larian forum users nearly don't waste the same amount of time sperging about niggas and fags in the game, the most deep delving into the issues of BG3 are to be found there (which also speaks volumes about the decline the codex has gone through since it's beginning, because this would've been the stuff that would surface first here back in the day. Now it's all copy-paste from twitter and reddit).
Lmao @ codex autists pretending to give a shit about actual game mechanics. Keep sperging about culture war shit. When LARIAN forums unironically has more insightful posts you should feel embarrassed.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Still feeling incredible retarded for selling all the infernal iron at the mountain pass, yet my inventory is brimming with roten tomatoes and moldy cheesewheels. Feels bad man.
Well, Dammon died anyway in the attack on the Last Light Inn. It's all going according to plan.

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
For those without the time and inclination to read pages of subhuman spamming these are the pro-BG3 posts summarized:
  • There are niggers and faggots in the game AND THAT'S A GOOD THING (This is very on-topic, unlike posts about how shoveling niggers into video games is a bad thing which are off-topic.)
  • Newsjew is jerking off to sex scenes, didn't get paid as much as by Microsoft so the shilling is very low energy.
  • WhydoIShoveUpTheSwordInMyAssToCoom explains the intricacies of "Bulgarian" homosexual mating rituals (an expert I'm sure) to a senile retard Italian boomer actually playing the game.
  • There's some admitting that the "evil" path is neglected again, even the supposed fucking audience of the game forgetting that The Trooncels of the Coast transitioned to moral relativism and there is no such thing.
  • The game is said to be deeply reflective of Iranian homosexuality.
  • When they aren't running ten pages of damage control when someone made one negative post about the game they are talking about the dating sim aspects of the game.
My review was 100% accurate. None of these people play RPGs and the BG3 defense coomersquad demographics is made up from the Turko-Polish axis of American janissaries and none of them like playing the game, they're all shilling for ideological reasons or because of the gay sex in the game. When liberals screech that a game is good because there are niggers and LGBT+ queers in the game you can tell a lot from that alone as always. If anything I overestimated how many grognards remained on this site, with 99% of posts being of the Tumblr and Reddit politisperg variety.

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
as much as i like the game it could've def use at least 6 more months of dev time
standards for quality are so low nowdays it gets a pass
this should be official codex review
Too late, bearded Arabian transvestite female LARPER, the final judgement has already been made and the game is reviewed. I am merciful however, I'll give you ten nigger slaves and a donkey for you to get fucked by as consolidation for turning your asshole into a crater with arguments alone, for we Serbs are rich and prosperous.

Kiste

Augur
True, but it's more due to the fact that on Codex you can't delve deep into the issues, because the moment you say anything negative about the game, the clown triplets arrive to spam "BUCK BROKEN BY SWEN, TOP 1 METACRITIC, WE LIVE IN A POST BG3 AGE" for 10 pages and derail the thread until no one remembers the original point :M

Most of the "criticism" is screeching about the game being pozzed with niggers, fags, trannies and rapefugees and when other aspects are being criticized it rarely goes beyond calling something "dogshit". Between all the "critics" here, there is not a single aspect of the game that hasn't been called dogshit in one form or another by someone. Riveting stuff, really.

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Most of the "criticism" is screeching about the game being pozzed with niggers, fags, trannies and rapefugees and when other aspects are being criticized it rarely goes beyond calling something "dogshit". Between all the "critics" here, there is not a single aspect of the game that hasn't been called dogshit in one form or another by someone. Riveting stuff, really.
The writing is 'dogshit' though. It's not consistent, it is at many times cringe, like the villains ending scene of act 2, and the companions are all over-the-top with barely any party banter. A lot of choices are surface level with localised impact and some don't seem to be recognised at all (a lot of things with tadpole powers for instance which is supposed to be the central theme of the plot). Not a single companion makes sense to be lvl 1 either.

The game is good despite the writing, that's how good they made combat and exploration.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

Since redditors and Larian forum users nearly don't waste the same amount of time sperging about niggas and fags in the game, the most deep delving into the issues of BG3 are to be found there (which also speaks volumes about the decline the codex has gone through since it's beginning, because this would've been the stuff that would surface first here back in the day. Now it's all copy-paste from twitter and reddit).

And one of the main problems seems to be that companion banter in and out dialouge is so much RNG based, that you will never hear all of it in one playthrough ... or ever. With the bugginess of act 3 taken into account, we might see more of that with future patches.
The current consensus is that most players want their companions to chime in whenever given the chance instead of the current iteration where you have to play the game 10 times to hopefully catch all the dialogues. Which is a stupid concept to begin with in a 70+ hour game.

They seem to actually incentivize savescumming. There are several dialogues & occasions where one random companion is chosen to offer a comment, when they all have potential dialogue for it. I had a couple of crashes and reloads interrogating the goblin in the Druid Grove and all companions got stuff to say there, but only one is chosen at random and you will never hear other stuff.

There are also exploration banter that happens if you go to certain places with certain companions, but they also seem to be randomly chosen, sometimes back to back. Karlach and Shadowheart talk a lot in Blighted Village for example, but for most common routes you will go to Blighted Village before recruiting Karlach and probably will never hear that banter.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
None of these people play RPGs
My new favorite type of poster are these guys who claim Codex is under assault by comprador infilitrators sent to stifle RPG discourse and when you check their stat history it's always some shit like this:
6ct0rqr.png

Codex's most dedicated RPG discusser.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom