Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I logged back in codex to complain about this game but then retarded chudcels are crying about gays and niggers so I am forced to defend it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Same happened to Non-Edgy Gamer he came here to complain and turned out to be (mostly) a voice of reason. Lesson learned, there are always people more insane than you
BG3 is so powerful it cures edgy codexers from racism and makes them like cocks, waow
Is that what happened to you?
And to Lyric Suite

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
which also speaks volumes about the decline the codex has gone through since it's beginning, because this would've been the stuff that would surface first here back in the day. Now it's all copy-paste from twitter and reddit
I'm postponing datamining and modding for when I've had enough fun playing, and I'm still only in Shar's temple.

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
BALDUR'S GATE 3 CRITICISMS:
- A man came on to me and it made me feel funny and I can't get it out of my head
- I saw a black man at the grove
- There is at least one woman in the game
- Gay gnomes
- The game has too many cosmetic customisation options

Meanwhile Larian's unacceptable bottom-of-the-barrel low-effort third act remains chiefly unassailed in the RPGCodex's most populous thread for discussing the game
You missed "Combat on Tactician is easier than KOTC2". :lol:
Difficulty curve is bad. Doesn’t have to be KOTC2 but if I’m sleepwalking after lvl 5 with a hasted single classed fighter with no need to even think twice about my choices then something is wrong. This is on tactician btw.

Hope some dude makes a lower supplies mod after autistically calculating the perfect amount for challenge.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Larian shot themselves in the foot assuming no one would play an evil run (which is funny considered how much Dark Urge screams of being the intended default) while their own statistic shows that 35 percent of player sided with the goblins against the Druid Enclave
Adam Smith said it himself in that interview - the real heroism is to play Dark Urge and resist. Which sadly hints at a developer- and writer-favored playthrough and character. Hopefully I'm wrong.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Lmao @ codex autists pretending to give a shit about actual game mechanics. Keep sperging about culture war shit. When LARIAN forums unironically has more insightful posts you should feel embarrassed.
Codexers are above concerning themselves with mechanics in a 5e game as easy as BG3.

MerchantKing

Learned
Larian shot themselves in the foot assuming no one would play an evil run (which is funny considered how much Dark Urge screams of being the intended default) while their own statistic shows that 35 percent of player sided with the goblins against the Druid Enclave
Adam Smith said it himself in that interview - the real heroism is to play Dark Urge and resist. Which sadly hints at a developer- and writer-favored playthrough and character. Hopefully I'm wrong.
The "resist" part is meh. Most of the time it's just flavortext resulting in a normal custom character playthrough. There's really only a few parts where the durge can matter.

frajaq

Erudite
congrats to the one codexer that did this mod, it reached far and wide with seething

GS2HMsB.png

v5QYUP5.png

AwesomeButton

Patron
My new favorite type of poster are these guys who claim Codex is under assault by comprador infilitrators sent to stifle RPG discourse and when you check their stat history it's always some shit like this:
6ct0rqr.png

Codex's most dedicated RPG discusser.
Serbian vatniks are a dime a dozen here. Doesn't deserve further comment.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I reached the place where Jaheira is in act 2.

I talked with the paladin, and now the place is under attack. Should I have done something else?
You should kill that "paladin" during the first combat, or you'll lose the NPC that's the BG3 equivalent of Cromwell from BG2. That's more motivation than anything that might need a spoiler tag :lol:

AwesomeButton

Patron

Rhobar121

Scholar
Minthara being bugged pretty much confirmed by now.
We can write this one off as tradition - Viconia's romance was bugged in the original BG2:SoA. :)
No it wasn't. Jaheira was the bugged one.
They both were: http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56140
How nice that Larian maintains traditions and people say that BG3 has nothing to do with its predecessors.

Elttharion

Learned
congrats to the one codexer that did this mod, it reached far and wide with seething

GS2HMsB.png

v5QYUP5.png
Looks like nexus removed the mod, I tried to find it and couldnt. Its the same person who did the portraits for Wotr.

I probably wouldnt use it but its funny how much people mald nowadays because others are modding their own games.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Can you make custom companions in this game if the stock NPC's gayness is too much to bear?
You can get hirelings, but tbh there isn't that much gayness if you don't push for it. haven't had any issue to guess which dialogue option is the romance one (pro-tip: it's always the first one, duh).

People who complain in this thread that they had gay sex in the game deliberately clicked to do so. They are just ashamed and make excuses, trying to convince themselves that the game forced it on them hence spamming here all the time.

Yes, the game allows you to have sex since barely meeting an NPC, but you have to choose a clear option to do so.
Lies.

The game thinks me and Gayle had some "night together", despite the fact that I kept my distance and refused anything remotely romantic.

This is very concerning and has disturbing implications. I will never add "sleep" to his spellbook ever again.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Difficulty curve is bad. Doesn’t have to be KOTC2 but if I’m sleepwalking after lvl 5 with a hasted single classed fighter with no need to even think twice about my choices then something is wrong. This is on tactician btw.
Yeah, it's combat for normies. If you need to give yourself a dice bonus it's enough to quaff a couple of potions and buff yourself with spells.

Keep in mind that most people play with Karmic Dice on (it's on by default). This actually makes combat harder for them in the long run, because Karmic Dice works for combat rolls as well.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Lmao @ codex autists pretending to give a shit about actual game mechanics. Keep sperging about culture war shit. When LARIAN forums unironically has more insightful posts you should feel embarrassed.
Codexers are above concerning themselves with mechanics in a 5e game as easy as BG3.
Fair enough.
Seriously speaking, the tips and tricks thread is for discussion of builds and mechanics. Truth is I don't think this would improve my experience of this particular game as much as pure RPing through it.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Minthara being bugged pretty much confirmed by now.
We can write this one off as tradition - Viconia's romance was bugged in the original BG2:SoA. :)
No it wasn't. Jaheira was the bugged one.
They both were: http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56140
How nice that Larian maintains traditions and people say that BG3 has nothing to do with its predecessors.
In BG2 you needed to kickstart your romances because of bugs. In BG3 you can't dodge your companions fast enough when you're in camp.

Parabalus

Arcane
I'm up to act 3 now and haven't seen the companions interact with each other a single time. That's extremely lazy
They talk to each other pretty often, both in dialogue and in exploration quips?
I haven't seen this at all. Maybe I just chose companions that don't talk to each other much? I was using Karlach, Shadowheart, and Astarion up until I got Jaheira and dropped Karlach.

Since redditors and Larian forum users nearly don't waste the same amount of time sperging about niggas and fags in the game, the most deep delving into the issues of BG3 are to be found there (which also speaks volumes about the decline the codex has gone through since it's beginning, because this would've been the stuff that would surface first here back in the day. Now it's all copy-paste from twitter and reddit).

And one of the main problems seems to be that companion banter in and out dialouge is so much RNG based, that you will never hear all of it in one playthrough ... or ever. With the bugginess of act 3 taken into account, we might see more of that with future patches.
The current consensus is that most players want their companions to chime in whenever given the chance instead of the current iteration where you have to play the game 10 times to hopefully catch all the dialogues. Which is a stupid concept to begin with in a 70+ hour game.
Companions seem to chime in whenever something is relevant to them - using frog, Shadowheart and vamp.

Finding this much better than Bioware style where they give unsolicited opinions on everything.

AwesomeButton

Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom