Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
We should ask Josh what he thinks about BG3 romances.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
congrats to the one codexer that did this mod, it reached far and wide with seething

GS2HMsB.png

v5QYUP5.png

Nexus already shut down the mod too. Under "heavy" moderation and can't be downloaded. Fucking unreal.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
i.e. the stress and feeling of imminent danger to suppress sexual desire completely, esp for a woman I think that's more realistic.

War and crisis increase sexual activity. It's a natural coping mechanism, so people fuck a lot during wars and crisis situations. Much more than in times of peace and prosperity. Not even accounting rape.
Still heavy handed in BG3. No excuses.

That's just about the dumbest shit i ever heard and i think i already actively hate this guy and it's nice to finally have a face to go with the shit writing in this game.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I spent most of my time in the game so far not knowing you could short rest and I didn't get a single comment from party members about wanting to rest, despite having spent all my spells and shit. I'm fairly sure that one of the triggers is to at least have spent both short rests, unless something changed recently.
No, I just had such a bark occur with neither short rest spent.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Nexus already shut down the mod too. Under "heavy" moderation and can't be downloaded. Fucking unreal.
I did say you should download it before it's taken down. If anyone wants it, I can share it with you.

I'm more interested in what it modifies, because this way I can change more NPCs if I find the time to play around with modding.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I spent most of my time in the game so far not knowing you could short rest and I didn't get a single comment from party members about wanting to rest, despite having spent all my spells and shit. I'm fairly sure that one of the triggers is to at least have spent both short rests, unless something changed recently.
No, I just had such a bark occur with neither short rest spent.
It's actually random. Theoretically, it should start when you have a new conversation in the camp.
It worked that way until I went to Underdark, then it started randomly appearing even if I did a long rest a few minutes before.

AwesomeButton

Patron
i.e. the stress and feeling of imminent danger to suppress sexual desire completely, esp for a woman I think that's more realistic.

War and crisis increase sexual activity. It's a natural coping mechanism, so people fuck a lot during wars and crisis situations. Much more than in times of peace and prosperity. Not even accounting rape.
Still heavy handed in BG3. No excuses.

That's just about the dumbest shit i ever heard and i think i already actively hate this guy and it's nice to finally have a face to go with the shit writing in this game.
The feeling of threat may increase sexual desire between partners who are already familiar with each other. E.g. you lose your job and you find yourself having sex with your gf more often while between jobs. That's also explainable in freudist terms as looking for shelter, as well as in biological - looking to further your genes because you sense increased danger for yourself. But randomly reaching for unfamiliar pussy just because "it's apocalypse so anything goes" I doubt would sit well with women. Biologically, women are concerned with raising the offspring, men with passing the genes.

Just my musings here, so don't ask me for journal article citations. :lol:

AwesomeButton

Patron
We should ask Josh what he thinks about BG3 romances.
I'm sure he regrets not coming up with the bear idea himself.
He's anti-romance.
That's why he added it to Deadfire
In fact I've heard him advocating for "meaningful relationships" as a wider form of forming bonds with party members than just a minigame with sex for reward for choosing the right dialogue options. My admirations for this, because this would be exactly what we want, in theory - camaraderie with some party members, romance with others, casual sex with others, according to their personalities. In practice however, Obsidian's writing turns every companion into some kind of cringe at one time or another. Like communism, good writing in party member relationships has never been tried.

AwesomeButton

Patron
This, but unironically.
No, I really do. If anyone can take so much metaconversation, while still believing they are discussing RPGs, they better carry out the discussion there.

It's also difficult to understand RPGHQ conversations if you aren't coming from the Codex.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I did say you should download it before it's taken down. If anyone wants it, I can share it with you.

I'm more interested in what it modifies, because this way I can change more NPCs if I find the time to play around with modding.

Making Wyll white isn't going to make him any less of a shitty character so i don't care.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Making Wyll white isn't going to make him any less of a shitty character so i don't care.
Agree, for characters with a defined character that mod doesn't change the experience at all. I think such a mod would be a nice-to-have cosmetic mod if it changes pedestrian and minor characters whose being black just throws you off from any feeling of immersion you might have. I'd happily race-swap black characters in the Last Light area (you'll reach it and you'll see). I'm not at the city yet, but I'd race swap there as well.

With the caveat that cynical old farts who have been playing games for 30 years, already need to actively put efforts into not trying to deconstruct the game they're playing. They have problems being immersed which wouldn't go away by just installing a race swap mod.

It's just my preference not to have token black characters in my medieval fantasy RPG. I don't interfere with how anyone else is playing, and I'm not advocating everyone should play this way, so live and let live.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I encourage everyone to make an account at RPGHQ.ORG, and especially if they find the Codex too "woke" for their taste. :lol:

I'm torn. On one hand, we have a forum with 30 seconds long pop-up fortnite ads. On the other hand, we have a forum with Rusty :negative:
In my experience, Rusty is one of the most rational and well-spoken people there.

I forgot to mention earlier, it's also difficult to understand RPGHQ conversations if you aren't coming from the Codex.

There was one user there with a signature leading to a twitter account where IRL pics of codex members were being posted. That user has currently removed that link from his signature. I wonder if this was the result of an act of forum administration "oppession" on his "free speech"...

AwesomeButton

Patron
Not just with Rusty, 80% of that forum is Rusty
He should start a blog. What happened with blogging? Stupid social networks, man, killed blogging and now we have to sift through shit to find some quality. We only have Lilura nowadays.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Not just with Rusty, 80% of that forum is Rusty
He should start a blog. What happened with blogging? Stupid social networks, man, killed blogging and now we have to sift through shit to find some quality. We only have Lilura nowadays.
Most of this is happening in the Youtube space or similar places, videos have taken over sadly

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom