Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
In my experience, Rusty is one of the most rational and well-spoken people there.
I just enjoy seeing Rusty having to deal with administrating a forum and a not always sane user base. It's hilarious

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Making Wyll white isn't going to make him any less of a shitty character so i don't care.
Agree, for characters with a defined character that mod doesn't change the experience at all. I think such a mod would be a nice-to-have cosmetic mod if it changes pedestrian and minor characters whose being black just throws you off from any feeling of immersion you might have. I'd happily race-swap black characters in the Last Light area (you'll reach it and you'll see). I'm not at the city yet, but I'd race swap there as well.

With the caveat that cynical old farts who have been playing games for 30 years, already need to actively put efforts into not trying to deconstruct the game they're playing. They have problems being immersed which wouldn't go away by just installing a race swap mod.

It's just my preference not to have token black characters in my medieval fantasy RPG. I don't interfere with how anyone else is playing, and I'm not advocating everyone should play this way, so live and let live.

If they wanted something that could make the game better they should replace all the black human characters with white people.

That would at least make the setting somewhat more consistent, all though that wouldn't solve the issue with all the other races and tieflings and shit like that being everywhere too, but it would be a start.

Changing Wyll to a white guy by contrast serves no purpose.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Making Wyll white isn't going to make him any less of a shitty character so i don't care.
Agree, for characters with a defined character that mod doesn't change the experience at all. I think such a mod would be a nice-to-have cosmetic mod if it changes pedestrian and minor characters whose being black just throws you off from any feeling of immersion you might have. I'd happily race-swap black characters in the Last Light area (you'll reach it and you'll see). I'm not at the city yet, but I'd race swap there as well.

With the caveat that cynical old farts who have been playing games for 30 years, already need to actively put efforts into not trying to deconstruct the game they're playing. They have problems being immersed which wouldn't go away by just installing a race swap mod.

It's just my preference not to have token black characters in my medieval fantasy RPG. I don't interfere with how anyone else is playing, and I'm not advocating everyone should play this way, so live and let live.

If they wanted something that could make the game better they should replace all the black human characters with white people.

That would at least make the setting somewhat more consistent, all though that wouldn't solve the issue with all the other races and tieflings and shit like that being everywhere too, but it would be a start.

Changing Wyll to a white guy by contrast serves no purpose.
The black duke is not a 3e character?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
So I reached Level 5, I expect the game to turn into a cakewalk now or I will be deeply disappointed. Also that fire in the inn was a cool diversion, never had something like this in an RPG.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So I reached Level 5, I expect the game to turn into a cakewalk now or I will be deeply disappointed. Also that fire in the inn was a cool diversion, never had something like this in an RPG.
Oh boy, and I thought I was behind with playing.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Oh boy, and I thought I was behind with playing.
I take my time
Playing slow is a good thing, they'll probably have fixed a bunch of the stuff that's annoying fast players by the time you get to the end

Sunri

Liturgist
Hmmm lest make a fun turn based game with 15 monsters spawning every turn
L6yBYZd.png

Lyre Mors

Arcane
You should stop playing the game, it seems to drive you crazy. I mean crazier than usual
But he was just dipping into the character creator to see "how far down the rabbit hole" it goes! Except now he just can't stop playing it! Or posting about it! Or obsessing about it!

Typical codex edgelord. Hypocritical and completely lacking in self-awareness.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
as much as i like the game it could've def use at least 6 more months of dev time
standards for quality are so low nowdays it gets a pass
Completely agree... final Act of the game is really bugged. Ending felt pretty rushed, some of my companions only had like a single line to say, some choices in the end lead to clearly underdeveloped outcomes.
There arent even ending slides to show what happens after.
Some people datamined the game and found out a lot of content that was cut out from the part of the game, including a scene where Withers would gather the whole party 6 months after the final battle and narrate what happened...

Ending slides are super easy to make.

Just do something along the lines of Shadowheart is: [alive/dead], if alive = [still hopping on your dick/not hopping on your dick and sad] + [companion quest result].

Rhobar121

Scholar
as much as i like the game it could've def use at least 6 more months of dev time
Completely agree... final Act of the game is really bugged. Ending felt pretty rushed, some of my companions only had like a single line to say, some choices in the end lead to clearly underdeveloped outcomes.
Some people datamined the game and found out a lot of content that was cut out from the part of the game, including a scene where Withers would gather the whole party 6 months after the final battle and narrate what happened...

Apparently ending slides might be a thing.

It's probably going to be something along the lines of Shadowheart is: [alive/dead], if alive = [still hopping on your dick/not hopping on your dick and sad] [companion quest result].
What else do you expect?

Sunri

Liturgist

Apparently ending slides might be a thing.

It's probably going to be something along the lines of Shadowheart is: [alive/dead], if alive = [still hopping on your dick/not hopping on your dick and sad] + [companion quest result].
Why would you need slides like this? end game conversation explain as much lol

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
What else do you expect?

Whoops, you ninja'ed my edit. No, this is what I'm happy with.

They should do this.

Why would you need slides like this? end game conversation explain as much lol

My game got bugged and all I got was Gale saying basically he'll fuck off now. :/

Then I got some weird post-coitus convo from shadowheart despite never having had sex with her.

Rhobar121

Scholar
It's interesting that they obviously had it in their plans but for some reason they didn't make it to the premiere which is weird as hell.
I assume both artists and writers don't patch the game after hours, so what could have happened?
Maybe something went wrong and it doesn't work.

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wait this fucking guy just reached lvl 5 and have been commenting on why everyone’s takes on the shit writing or companions are wrong? Lmao. People should be required to state where they are in the game before posting.

Rhobar121

Scholar
GUYS GUYS I JUST REACHED THE DRUID ENCLAVE THIS GAME OWNS! SPENT 34 HOURS ON MAKING MY FUTA DROW WAIFU AND FUCKED GALE! WHY IS EVERYONE SO UPSET HAHA!
I had no idea you were a tranny fan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom