Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
There are no "bromances" in this game.

Gale is pretty chill and halfway tolerable for the male companions, even if he reminds me a little too much of Kvothe from The Name of the Wind.

It's too bad he's a rapist.

Yeah sure, it's a "bug." Seems kind of strange Larian hasn't fixed it.
1692481430137.png

Terenty

Liturgist
If they fix this retarded system, can you actually do their quests without implied faggotry?
You can do their quests fine you just miss out on camp scenes if you don't do romance.
If for example I wanna help Gale and do his quest, is it written in the way that implies you wanna fuck him, or you can avoid this type of talk altogether and just help him as a friend?
You can say you are not interested. Is not like he jumps on you.
I'm trying to understand if it's an easy fix where they can just make romance completely optional and initiated by the player or the whole companion quest has to be rewritten because it implies romance just because you wanna help.

Which one is it?

Self-Ejected
If they fix this retarded system, can you actually do their quests without implied faggotry?
You can do their quests fine you just miss out on camp scenes if you don't do romance.
If for example I wanna help Gale and do his quest, is it written in the way that implies you wanna fuck him, or you can avoid this type of talk altogether and just help him as a friend?
You can say you are not interested. Is not like he jumps on you.
I'm trying to understand if it's an easy fix where they can just make romance completely optional and initiated by the player or the whole companion quest has to be rewritten because it implies romance just because you wanna help.

Which one is it?
Romances here are mostly initiated by companion but the player is free to reject them

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron

Gale is pretty chill and halfway tolerable for the male companions, even if he reminds me a little too much of Kvothe from The Name of the Wind.

Is more insistant than rapist tho i turned him down three times. People exagerate.
If you ignore his exclamation marks in camp there's a bug where it progresses your relationship despite you not interacting with him and he claims to have spent the night with you later even though he didn't, that's why people are joking that he's a rapist.

Self-Ejected

Is more insistant than rapist tho i turned him down three times. People exagerate.
If you ignore his exclamation marks in camp there's a bug where it progresses your relationship despite you not interacting with him and he claims to have spent the night with you later even though he didn't, that's why people are joking that he's a rapist.
Ah yep that indeed sounds like a bug lol.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So there's a mod that allows you to play as a child but the Nexus people forced the author to disable all romances lest they would have banned the mod.

So now all it takes is for someone to make an adult version of that to make this game instantly better.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I feel like you are coping lol!
With what?
Well you know maybe people like this game because is actually good despite what naysayers say.

It's a 8/10 game with 3/10 writing.

Which is honestly the best case scenario since people who like the game can say it's great and fun, and people who hate the game can say it's overrated trash.

Could you imagine if the game was an unimpeachable 10/10?

Codex would melt down.

Self-Ejected
With what?
Well you know maybe people like this game because is actually good despite what naysayers say.

Which is honestly the best case scenario since people who like the game can say it's great and fun, and people who hate the game can say it's overrated trash.

Codex would melt down.
I disagree the writing is pretry good and is vastly better than games aka Pathfinder kingmaker,wrath of the righteus and even Mass effect that is capeshit material. Surely better also than the writing of Underrail and Elex.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist

Which one is it?
Companion quests aren't related to romance, thanks to coop design you don't even need to have them in the party while you do them.
Taking the hirelingpill (at least until you get Jaheria & Minsc) and keeping the regular companions on permanent benchwarmer duty in camp might be the ideal way to play since significant approval gains and supposed "I like this person" flags seem to be more from passive choice making while they're around rather than doing their quests.

Shaki

Arbiter

I assume this is a bug because his behavior is inconsistent with every other companion in the game. Even Astarion gives up if you say no.
This is most likely a bug related to an incorrect flag update, because it is not a critical bug and should be patched fairly easily in patch 1 or 2.
Every other companion can also be killed without it resulting in a game over, and every other companion doesn't literally have Gay(l) in his name. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
So there's a mod that allows you to play as a child but the Nexus people forced the author to disable all romances lest they would have banned the mod.

So now all it takes is for someone to make an adult version of that to make this game instantly better.
Finally fully converted to Islam?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Is nit like you cant reject romances lol.

Why do you retards keep repeating this shit over and over i don't want to say "no", i don't want to fucking see any gay advance EVER, at all. From anybody. Not fucking once.

Found a mod that seems to be doing what i want but reading the description all it does is block approval gain or loss for the selected group you want, which isn't ideal. I need a mod that blocks romances only, the rest of the NPC quests i want to see:

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/815?tab=description

Rhobar121

Scholar
With what?

Codex would melt down.
To be honest, writing in crpg games is usually shit.
I doubt I can name more than a few rpg that came out in the last 20 years that had good writing.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I just started another character to try out some mods, and I've been finding that with the companion affection gain slowdown mod being installed from when you start the game, and if you long rest regularly right from the beginning (for example I've rested like 3 times since landing on the beach and I'm doing the Withers temple atm), the companion conversations seem to be unfolding at more of a sane, reasonable pace, with interesting and context-relevant responses, instead of the pell-mell race to bumfuckery out of the blue that I got with the game out of the box, while not long resting much (first time round, I don't think I'd long rested till I'd already done that temple and had started the druid grove stuff, as I was playing the game of eking out battles with ordinary attacks as much as possible).

So yeah, I would highly recommend Approval Tweaks (version B, fickle) and regular long rests for a more sane and conversationally interesting experience in the early game.

Modron

Arcane
I never remarked about the game quality I was just speaking as someone who actually played through DOS from beginning to end and found the back half was quite a step down (especially the final area before the end game which just felt like an unfinished section they slapped enemies on with no real quests, puzzles, nor secrets). Plus only something like 7-11% of people who played DOS 1 bothered to finish it.

I can't personally speak to DOS 2's quality but I believe I've heard the backend of that isn't that great either and I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of those glowing reviews noped out before the halfway mark.

Self-Ejected

Is nit like you cant reject romances lol.

Why do you retards keep repeating this shit over and over i don't want to say "no", i don't want to fucking see any gay advance EVER, at all. From anybody. Not fucking once.

Found a mod that seems to be doing what i want but reading the description all it does is block approval gain or loss for the selected group you want, which isn't ideal. I need a mod that blocks romances only, the rest of the NPC quests i want to see:

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/815?tab=description
Because quite frankly sound weird that someone get offended just because the game have cimpanion that show interests on you at the point you wish to mod the game to keep you safe from that.
Ever had someone hitting on you in rl? I mean is not like is not normal it happens.

That blocks most interactions with them, iirc. At that point you might as well just restart the game with 4 custom characters.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I just started another character to try out some mods, and I've been finding that with the companion affection gain slowdown mod being installed from when you start the game, and if you long rest regularly right from the beginning (for example I've rested like 3 times since landing on the beach and I'm doing the Withers temple atm), the companion conversations seem to be unfolding at more of a sane, reasonable pace, with interesting and context-relevant responses, instead of the pell-mell race to bumfuckery out of the blue that I got with the game out of the box, while not long resting much (first time round, I don't think I'd long rested till I'd already done that temple and had started the druid grove stuff, as I was playing the game of eking out battles with ordinary attacks as much as possible).

So yeah, I would highly recommend Approval Tweaks (version B, fickle) and regular long rests for a more sane and conversationally interesting experience in the early game.

I'm using the mod but i'm not resting. What does long rest do exactly?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom