Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Self-Ejected
Well you know maybe people like this game because is actually good despite what naysayers say.
I never remarked about the game quality I was just speaking as someone who actually played through DOS from beginning to end and found the back half was quite a step down (especially the final area before the end game which just felt like an unfinished section they slapped enemies on with no real quests, puzzles, nor secrets). Plus only something like 7-11% of people who played DOS 1 bothered to finish it.

I can't personally speak to DOS 2's quality but I believe I've heard the backend of that isn't that great either and I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of those glowing reviews noped out before the halfway mark.
I played and finished DOS2 the writing is totally different from BG3 both in thematics and style. They made an huge improvement in that department.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Well you know maybe people like this game because is actually good despite what naysayers say.
I never remarked about the game quality I was just speaking as someone who actually played through DOS from beginning to end and found the back half was quite a step down (especially the final area before the end game which just felt like an unfinished section they slapped enemies on with no real quests, puzzles, nor secrets). Plus only something like 7-11% of people who played DOS 1 bothered to finish it.

I can't personally speak to DOS 2's quality but I believe I've heard the backend of that isn't that great either and I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of those glowing reviews noped out before the halfway mark.
In DE they reworked practically the whole act 3.

Self-Ejected
I just started another character to try out some mods, and I've been finding that with the companion affection gain slowdown mod being installed from when you start the game, and if you long rest regularly right from the beginning (for example I've rested like 3 times since landing on the beach and I'm doing the Withers temple atm), the companion conversations seem to be unfolding at more of a sane, reasonable pace, with interesting and context-relevant responses, instead of the pell-mell race to bumfuckery out of the blue that I got with the game out of the box, while not long resting much (first time round, I don't think I'd long rested till I'd already done that temple and had started the druid grove stuff, as I was playing the game of eking out battles with ordinary attacks as much as possible).

So yeah, I would highly recommend Approval Tweaks (version B, fickle) and regular long rests for a more sane and conversationally interesting experience in the early game.

I'm using the mod but i'm not resting. What does long rest do exactly?
Long rest allows you to restore all the spells and stuff short rests allow you to restore HP and limited stuff. You can shortrest twice before having to long rest.

Terenty

Liturgist
I'm trying to understand if it's an easy fix where they can just make romance completely optional and initiated by the player or the whole companion quest has to be rewritten because it implies romance just because you wanna help.

Which one is it?
Companion quests aren't related to romance, thanks to coop design you don't even need to have them in the party while you do them.
Taking the hirelingpill (at least until you get Jaheria & Minsc) and keeping the regular companions on permanent benchwarmer duty in camp might be the ideal way to play since significant approval gains and supposed "I like this person" flags seem to be more from passive choice making while they're around rather than doing their quests.
I actually don't mind how they are written(except for Karlach) outside romance, so I'd like to have them around while adventuring.

If their quests are not related to romance in any way than it's just a matter of stopping them from coming on to the player and making romance being initiated strictly by the player, which I think can be done even with a mod.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So there's a mod that allows you to play as a child but the Nexus people forced the author to disable all romances lest they would have banned the mod.

So now all it takes is for someone to make an adult version of that to make this game instantly better.
Is nit like you cant reject romances lol.

Why do you retards keep repeating this shit over and over i don't want to say "no", i don't want to fucking see any gay advance EVER, at all. From anybody. Not fucking once.

Found a mod that seems to be doing what i want but reading the description all it does is block approval gain or loss for the selected group you want, which isn't ideal. I need a mod that blocks romances only, the rest of the NPC quests i want to see:

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/815?tab=description
Because quite frankly sound weird that someone get offended just because the game have cimpanion that show interests on you at the point you wish to mod the game to keep you safe from that.
Ever had someone hitting on you in rl? I mean is not like is not normal it happens.

Ho yeah, that's what's wierd.

Having half of your party be faggots is totally normal by contrast. It's like the Nautilus scooped up a gay bar while flying over Baldur's Gate. Completely believable.

Fuck off already. In fact, i hope those mods don't stop at the companions. I'm waiting for the mod that removes all sex from the game as a whole, especially the gay shit.

Self-Ejected
So there's a mod that allows you to play as a child but the Nexus people forced the author to disable all romances lest they would have banned the mod.

So now all it takes is for someone to make an adult version of that to make this game instantly better.

Why do you retards keep repeating this shit over and over i don't want to say "no", i don't want to fucking see any gay advance EVER, at all. From anybody. Not fucking once.

Found a mod that seems to be doing what i want but reading the description all it does is block approval gain or loss for the selected group you want, which isn't ideal. I need a mod that blocks romances only, the rest of the NPC quests i want to see:

Because quite frankly sound weird that someone get offended just because the game have cimpanion that show interests on you at the point you wish to mod the game to keep you safe from that.
Ever had someone hitting on you in rl? I mean is not like is not normal it happens.

Having half of your party be faggots is totally normal by contrast. It's like the Nautilus scooped up a gay bar while flying over Baldur's Gate. Completely believable.

Fuck off already. In fact, i hope those mods don't stop at the companions. I'm waiting for the mod that removes all sex from the game as a whole, especially the gay shit.
So much outrage over nothing. You know the game had labeled sexual content right?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

So much outrage over nothing. You know the game had labeled sexual content right?

You know that i couldn't give a flying fuck, right?

I want the gay shit gone, purged with hell fire and sent straight back to where it belongs, eternal damnation. If modders don't do this i may end up learning how to do it myself.

Rhobar121

Scholar
If I didn't play the game and only read this thread, I would consider this game to be a sex simulator that forces the player to have gay sex or worse at every turn.
Some people really should take a break because it's getting weirder and weirder.
I guess I'm asking too much. It's Codex, some people here can finish the game 7 times and say it's shit.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I just started another character to try out some mods, and I've been finding that with the companion affection gain slowdown mod being installed from when you start the game, and if you long rest regularly right from the beginning (for example I've rested like 3 times since landing on the beach and I'm doing the Withers temple atm), the companion conversations seem to be unfolding at more of a sane, reasonable pace, with interesting and context-relevant responses, instead of the pell-mell race to bumfuckery out of the blue that I got with the game out of the box, while not long resting much (first time round, I don't think I'd long rested till I'd already done that temple and had started the druid grove stuff, as I was playing the game of eking out battles with ordinary attacks as much as possible).

So yeah, I would highly recommend Approval Tweaks (version B, fickle) and regular long rests for a more sane and conversationally interesting experience in the early game.

You get more "normal" conversations, with characters musing generally about life, the universe and everything, and of course commenting on what recently happened. I see now that you're meant to use your short rests liberally, literally after every combat, and long rest as soon as you've done your two short rests and the companions get "tired," that's the cue (whereas before when I first started playing the game, thinking Tactician would be hard, I was in the mindset of managing resources as much as possible in case something really challenging was going to come up, so I used the short rests very sparingly and didn't long rest till after getting into the grove).

Self-Ejected

You know that i couldn't give a flying fuck, right?

I want the gay shit gone, purged with hell fire and sent striaght back to where it belongs, eternal damnation. If modders don't do this i may end up learning how to do it myself.
"Blood and Gore, Partial Nudity, Sexual Content, Strong Language, Violence"

Npc: I hate things sweet!
Also Npc: *Orders a cake*
Npc in outrage: Chef why this cake is so sweet!? Put salt on it.

:retarded:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Jesus Christ stop shilling for the degenerate content. Codex decided in the first hundred pages that the game was mostly okay, but most of us don't like the degenerate shit, and we reserve the right to piss and moan about it as we please. End of story, move on.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
If I didn't play the game and only read this thread, I would consider this game to be a sex simulator that forces the player to have gay sex or worse at every turn.
Some people really should take a break because it's getting weirder and weirder.
I guess I'm asking too much. It's Codex, some people here can finish the game 7 times and say it's shit.
You're right.
It's also a globohomo One Race Simulator with loads of diversity in every crevice.

We really shouldn't neglect talking about all the nigger dwarves, nigger elves and nigger niggers nigging around in Niggers Gate. Also the trannies. Of course that would require people to reach Act 3 first... So I'll give it another 3 months.

Self-Ejected

Jesus Christ stop shilling for the degenerate content. Codex decided in the first hundred pages that the game was mostly okay, but most of us don't like the degenerate shit, and we reserve the right to piss and moan about it as we please. End of story, move on.
Do you know how to read? Esrb is pretty clear on the content of the game.

Or do you want me to believe you are the kind of retard that puts an hand in the fire to then being upset because it burns?

You people are truly something lol.
Look if you dislike the game why you are even in this thread?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

You get more "normal" conversations, with characters musing generally about life, the universe and everything, and of course commenting on what recently happened. I see now that you're meant to use your short rests liberally, literally after every combat, and long rest as soon as you've done your two short rests and the companions get "tired," that's the cue (whereas before when I first started playing the game, thinking Tactician would be hard, I was in the mindset of managing resources as much as possible in case something really challenging was going to come up, so I used the short rests very sparingly and didn't long rest till after getting into the grove).

That's gonna be tought i've played with an inflexible "no resiting unless absolutely necessary" house rule for so many years it's gonna be hard to get off that habit.

Since i started the game, i haven't rested ONCE, short or long.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Or do you want me to believe you are the kind of retard that puta an hand in the fire to then being upset because it burns?

Are you actually retarded or some kind of chat bot? I literally said in the post you're responding to that the game is mostly okay. I like it, I've enjoyed bits of it, some bits quite a lot.

Are you incapable of conceiving that people can parse out things they like from things they don't like about a game? I got the game because I was interested to see what Larian would do, since I've been a minor fan of theirs since DivDiv and I quite enjoyed the DOS games. I knew it would have degenerate shit, and I still know it has degenerate shit; I knew I wouldn't like it, and I still don't like it. Nevertheless there are other elements of the game that I do like. Simples.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

Or do you want me to believe you are the kind of retard that puta an hand in the fire to then being upset because it burns?

Are you actually retarded or some kind of chat bot? I literally said in the post you're responding to that the game is mostly okay. I like it, I've enjoyed bits of it, some bits quite a lot.

Are you incapable of conceiving that people can parse out things they like from things they don't like about a game? I got the game because I was interested to see what Larian would do, since I've been a minor fan of theirs since DivDiv and I quite enjoyed the DOS games. I knew it would have degenrate shit, and I still know it has degenerate shit; I knew I wouldn't like it, and I still don't like it. Nevertheless there are other elements of the game that I do like. Simples.
Stop giving her attention

Self-Ejected

Are you incapable of conceiving that people can parse out things they like from things they don't like about a game? I got the game because I was interested to see what Larian would do, since I've been a minor fan of theirs since DivDiv and I quite enjoyed the DOS games. I knew it would have degenerate shit, and I still know it has degenerate shit; I knew I wouldn't like it, and I still don't like it. Nevertheless there are other elements of the game that I do like. Simples.
I am not the one going to a bakery and ordering a cake to then rant because i dislike sweet things.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Or do you want me to believe you are the kind of retard that puts an hand in the fire to then being upset because it burns?

I don't understand how you still don't get it that none of give a flying fuck about the "rating".

This sex shit is degenerate filth and we won't stop until it is purged from the game. We don't want to take the game as is, we want to bend it to our will and subdue its generacy as a big fuck you to the faggot devs.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I am not the one going to a bakery and ordering a cake to then rant because i dislike sweet things.

If the bakery gives a cake with lumps of shit stuck in it, it is our prerogative, nay, our duty to take the shit out before eating it.

This argument of yours would have *some* merit if this game was some kind of coomer porn shit. But it isn't. Last i checked the game is called BG3, not Homoerotic Smut Simulator 3. The game isn't purely and totally about the perverted stuff. It's mostly about roleplaying and the perverted crap is a blemish we want to see removed for the betterment of the game.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I feel like you are coping lol!
With what?

It's a 8/10 game with 3/10 writing.

Which is honestly the best case scenario since people who like the game can say it's great and fun, and people who hate the game can say it's overrated trash.

Could you imagine if the game was an unimpeachable 10/10?

Codex would melt down.
I disagree the writing is pretry good and is vastly better than games aka Pathfinder kingmaker,wrath of the righteus and even Mass effect that is capeshit material. Surely better also than the writing of Underrail and Elex.

You have to be unironically medically retarded to think this.

I feel like you are coping lol!
With what?

It's a 8/10 game with 3/10 writing.

Which is honestly the best case scenario since people who like the game can say it's great and fun, and people who hate the game can say it's overrated trash.

Could you imagine if the game was an unimpeachable 10/10?

Codex would melt down.
To be honest, writing in crpg games is usually shit.
I doubt I can name more than a few rpg that came out in the last 20 years that had good writing.

"The bar's low so it doesn't matter if it failed to meet that low bar" isn't a persuasive point.

He (among others) literally said that he likes the game, but not this specific aspect of it, get a clue already you illiterate tranny.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom