Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Lyre Mors

Arcane
The game's greatest defenders seem to be the slowest to play it. Odd, huh?
Almost as odd as the greatest haters ravenously devouring the game. Maybe someone who knows how to enjoy something understands that glutting oneself will lead to nausea regardless of how delicious the meal may be.

Employment tends to get in the way too, but you wouldn't know about that, would you?

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
The game's greatest defenders seem to be the slowest to play it. Odd, huh?
Almost as odd as the greatest haters ravenously devouring the game. Maybe someone who knows how to enjoy something understands that glutting yourself will lead to nausea regardless of how delicious the meal may be.
Imagine not being a terminally online NEET and having the gall to criticize games on here lmao

Shaki

Arbiter
Fills me with delight seeing people complain about degeneracy and have no clue on the source material.
As if people here weren't complaining about the degeneracy of the source material since forever. I don't think there is anyone who's like "wow BG3 is so degenerate, I wish it was closer to the Wizards of the Woke vision for nuDnD"

Terenty

Liturgist
I'm not that far into the game, can anyone tell if there's even anything like normal friendship/camaraderie with your companions?

If they fix this retarded system, can you actually do their quests without implied faggotry?

Self-Ejected
Fills me with delight seeing people complain about degeneracy and have no clue on the source material.
As if people here weren't complaining about the degeneracy of the source material since forever. I don't think there is anyone who's like "wow BG3 is so degenerate, I wish it was closer to the Wizards of the Woke vision for nuDnD"
Cry me a river nobody cares the game sold like cakes and is just a very loud minority to cry out scandal.

Shaki

Arbiter
I'm not that far into the game, can anyone tell if there's even anything like normal friendship/camaraderie with your companions?

If they fix this retarded system, can you actually do their quests without implied faggotry?
No and no

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Stop talking to the foid.

Parabalus

Arcane
So I reached Level 5, I expect the game to turn into a cakewalk now or I will be deeply disappointed. Also that fire in the inn was a cool diversion, never had something like this in an RPG.
Wait this fucking guy just reached lvl 5 and have been commenting on why everyone’s takes on the shit writing or companions are wrong? Lmao. People should be required to state where they are in the game before posting.
People here are (falsely) saying there is unavoidable pozz in the first 15 min.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

No and no
Do you know that for sure? Because maybe I'd wait for a patch or smth before continuing
There are no "bromances" in this game.

Rhobar121

Scholar

Except for Gale (who is bugged), for the others, just say you're not interested and it's definitely over.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Gale is pretty chill and halfway tolerable for the male companions, even if he reminds me a little too much of Kvothe from The Name of the Wind.

It's too bad he's a rapist.

Yeah sure, it's a "bug." Seems kind of strange Larian hasn't fixed it.

Terenty

Liturgist
You can do their quests fine you just miss out on camp scenes if you don't do romance.
If for example I wanna help Gale and do his quest, is it written in the way that implies you wanna fuck him, or you can avoid this type of talk altogether and just help him as a friend?

Self-Ejected

Gale is pretty chill and halfway tolerable for the male companions, even if he reminds me a little too much of Kvothe from The Name of the Wind.

Is more insistant than rapist tho i turned him down three times. People exagerate.

Self-Ejected
You can do their quests fine you just miss out on camp scenes if you don't do romance.
If for example I wanna help Gale and do his quest, is it written in the way that implies you wanna fuck him, or you can avoid this type of talk altogether and just help him as a friend?
You can say you are not interested. Is not like he jumps on you.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If for example I wanna help Gale and do his quest is it written in the way that implies you wanna fuck him, or you can avoid this type of talk altogether and just help him as a friend?

I did Gale's "quest" (it's super short) and he didn't really hit on me of anything of the sort.

Then again, I do spam the skip button so maybe I missed something.

Speaking of which, does Gale have the least content of the companions? I feel like Lae'zel and Shadowheart both have a fuckton.

Is more insistant than rapist tho i turned him down three times. People exagerate.

Gale being a rapist is a meme because there's a bug that triggers the post-sex conversation even if you didn't romance him.

Rhobar121

Scholar

I assume this is a bug because his behavior is inconsistent with every other companion in the game. Even Astarion gives up if you say no.
This is most likely a bug related to an incorrect flag update, because it is not a critical bug and should be patched fairly easily in patch 1 or 2.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can do companion quest without getting buttf***ed, if that's what you're asking.

Vatnik Wumao
Speaking of which, does Gale have the least content of the companions? I feel like Lae'zel and Shadowheart both have a fuckton.
From what I've read, the least content goes to Minsc, followed by Minthara (not sure how much of it is due to bugs yet tho) and then Jaheira.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom