Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Soon Starfield will come out and the crowd will move on

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Self-Ejected
Come on, I believe in you and AwesomeButton, as loyal Paladins of Swen, surely you won't abandon him for Todd
just because of the jetpack sex
Dude you are like 10 people screeching about the same things. Is pretty clear that even the codex is liking the game despite all the crying.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since when is one required to advance quickly through a game jus because you like it?

The only reason that I am in Act 2, is because I have had a vacation, and no-lifed the game. 60hrs since release. I would have been in Act 1 if it was during working period.

Shaki

Arbiter
Come on, I believe in you and AwesomeButton, as loyal Paladins of Swen, surely you won't abandon him for Todd
Yeah, but I'm not you kiddo. I'll play and enjoy Starfield just as well as I'm able to enjoy BG3.
You kidding? I'm gonna shill the shit out of Space Skyrim, if only to make y'all butthurt when it becomes GOTY instead of BG3 :smug:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dude you are like 10 people screeching about the same things. Is preatty clear that even the codex is liking the game despite all the crying.
10 morons fighting for imaginary internet cred. Normal people play the game, while they are sucking their thumbs trying to come up with a shitpost.

If someone doesn't shit on the game, he must be a "Defender". What losers :lol:

Self-Ejected
Yeah, but I'm not you kiddo. I'll play and enjoy Starfield just as well as I'm able to enjoy BG3.
You kidding? I'm gonna shill the shit out of Space Skyrim, if only to make y'all butthurt when it becomes GOTY instead of BG3 :smug:
Jokes on you! I got also Starfield U_U

AwesomeButton

Patron
Please shill as much as you can, I will be very moved. :lol: I want at least 50 shillposts per day, got it?

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Since when is one required to advance quickly through a game jus because you like it?

The only reason that I am in Act 2, is because I have had a vacation, and no-lifed the game. 60hrs since release. I would have been in Act 1 if it was during working period.
None, but it’s funny hearing a retard like Grauken replying to every take on the writing or companions being bad when he himself has barely left the tutorial area. Can’t take that shit seriously.

Oberon

Learned
Can you make custom companions in this game if the stock NPC's gayness is too much to bear?
You can open multiple instances of the .exe and host a direct connect multiplayer game for yourself. After creating your party, close all the extra instances.
If you are on Steam you will need to close it first.

Shaki

Arbiter
Dude you are like 10 people screeching about the same things. Is preatty clear that even the codex is liking the game despite all the crying.
10 morons fighting for imaginary internet cred. Normal people play the game, while they are sucking their thumbs trying to come up with a shitpost.
I'm on my second playthrough nigga, while you and Grauken barely scratched the surface, because you like roleplaying a redditor on Codex more than actually playing the game :smug:

Self-Ejected

None, but it’s funny hearing a retard like Grauken replying to every take on the writing or companions being bad when he himself has barely left the tutorial area. Can’t take that shit seriously.
Companions have an arc they are nowhere as static like other crpgs they are also a lot reactive they are not just npc waiting for the player to say hi. I liked a lot the shadowheart and leizel arc. Gale story brought me to hate Mystra even more. And regarding Ashtarion he is missleading at first you think he is the lolcow of the group till you learn his story and realize how fucked up is the situation.

Self-Ejected
I'm on my second playthrough nigga, while you and Grauken barely scratched the surface, because you like roleplaying a redditor on Codex more than actually playing the game :smug:
If you are on your second playtrough and you still think the writing suck i suggest you to go back to school. Or tell me a crpg that has good writing that is not planescape torment i dare you.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
If you are on your second playtrough and you still think the writing suck i suggest you to go back to school. Or tell me a crpg that has good writing that is not planescape torment i dare you.
If you are on any playthrough and think the writing's good you don't have eyes or a functioning brain and you should never express an opinion again.
Game's pretty fun despite that, luckily.

As far as crpgs with good writing, it's very easy to give examples of better-written games, but if I list any, you're just going to pick one or two, lie that BG3 has better writing, use that lie to implicate the rest of the list, and pretend BG3 now has good writing.
But here are a quick dozen anyway off the top of my head:
Arcanum, Fallout, Expeditions: Viking, KC: Deliverance, SR: Dragonfall, Mask of the Betrayer, Tuedogar and the Alliance with Rome, Cyanide's Game of Thrones RPG, IWD, IWD2, BG1, BG2
Not that they all have great writing but all well above BG3.

Last edited:

MasPingon

Arcane

If someone doesn't shit on the game, he must be a "Defender". What losers :lol:
Dude, you are literally in a club of 5 weird people who actually praise this game here :lol:

(...)
Look if you dislike the game why you are even in this thread?

If you don't dislike the game, why are you even on the codex?
Just to bask in your suffering.
Yeah, you sound like scraped out BG3 companion.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

There's no chance in hell Bethesda can make something better than this.

I may be one of the most vocal critics of the reddit tier shit they shoved in this game but despite everything Bethesda are just a special kind of retard and Larian come off as gaming geniouses by comparing.

If normies are really goona jump on that and forget agout this they are truly hopeless. Everything i've seen of Starfield makes it look like the same old Bethesda garbage. Even the visuals looks like total shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom