Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
They seem to actually incentivize savescumming.

Another thing I would like to see is giving the dialouge options to companions in the middle of the conversation, as it opens up different options. Sometimes the game let's you choose this already (Take the lead XY), but it would be better if that would be a constant feature.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I reached the place where Jaheira is in act 2.

I talked with the paladin, and now the place is under attack. Should I have done something else?

Herumor

Scholar

I talked with the paladin, and now the place is under attack. Should I have done something else?
Avoid talking with Isobel, that's what triggers it. But the problem is there's only so much you can explore without talking with her, so at some point you'll be forced to do it.

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!

No that always happens (the place getting attacked) if you talk to the paladin, what state Last Light ends up in, depends on your choices and outcome of that battle.

frajaq

Erudite

by Paladin you mean that Marcus guy that sprouts wings? if so yeah that is something that can happen

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

All good. Try to keep Dammon alive tho. I had the whole place turn hostile at me and it was an epic stand off. Astarion raining death from the roof top, barbarian being a weed extinguisher, Lae'zal in the frontline and Shadowheart trying to keep Jaheira alive and all. Best encounter so far.
Count of enemies differs, depending how you talk to Marcus.

Last edited:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I think I have some Deluxe not-useless Jaheira Edition, because I never had the problem with keeping her alive when she was AI controlled.
During the attack on tower, she bombed enemies with ice twice, dropped some archer to death with this whip-thingy spell, pretty cool...

Only after that she slipped on her own ice and spent most of the fight on the floor in relative safety.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
I think I have some Deluxe not-useless Jaheira Edition, because I never had the problem with keeping her alive when she was AI controlled.
During the attack on tower, she bombed enemies with ice twice, dropped some archer to death with this whip-thingy spell, pretty cool...

Only after that she slipped on her own ice and spent most of the fight on the floor in relative safety.
Dice luck, probably. Besides that, I found Jaheira to be well implemented. I will take her as a companion in Act 3 because it's said she will be more reactive than the already sexed companions.
Don't care about Minsc tho, never did. Most overrated meme companion in the existence of CRPGs.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

Dice luck, probably. Besides that, I found Jaheira to be well implemented. I will take her as a companion in Act 3 because it's said she will be more reactive than the already sexed companions.
Don't care about Minsc tho, never did. Most overrated meme companion in the existence of CRPGs.
Nothing wrong with a silly gimmick character.
Plenty of wrong with turning this character into an overused mascot and milking him so long, you start draining blood from his dry tits.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
They seem to actually incentivize savescumming.

Another thing I would like to see is giving the dialouge options to companions in the middle of the conversation, as it opens up different options. Sometimes the game let's you choose this already (Take the lead XY), but it would be better if that would be a constant feature.

It's crazy that they have added a character select during dialogues but not ability to switch who is talking at the moment. If it is a technical difficulty they could at least let you do it once during conversation. I hope they address this and lack of ending slides in upcoming patches. This game probably needs its enhanced edition or whatever Larian will call it to be truly exceptional.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Minor quibble: Jason Isaacs' voice acting for Gortash is great but he sounds totally wrong for how the character looks. I wouldn't want him recast because he does it well but they should have tweaked the character model to fit the voice better.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Normal people starts with frienship first, not sexual relationship.
The lead writer's explanation for that, because it was raised, was that none of you are "normal" people. You are adventurers, you live danger, tadpoles are in your brain, you don't know if you'll wake up tomorrow. Neither you nor your companions have much time for courtship.

It makes sense in a way, though it'd be fully possible to have the opposite effect, i.e. the stress and feeling of imminent danger to suppress sexual desire completely, esp for a woman I think that's more realistic.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Minor quibble: Jason Isaacs' voice acting for Gortash is great but he sounds totally wrong for how the character looks. I wouldn't want him recast because he does it well but they should have tweaked the character model to fit the voice better.

He should've been voiced by that Ramsey Bolton dude because he's clearly modeled after him.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
i.e. the stress and feeling of imminent danger to suppress sexual desire completely, esp for a woman I think that's more realistic.

War and crisis increase sexual activity. It's a natural coping mechanism, so people fuck a lot during wars and crisis situations. Much more than in times of peace and prosperity. Not even accounting rape.
Still heavy handed in BG3. No excuses.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
BALDUR'S GATE 3 CRITICISMS:
- A man came on to me and it made me feel funny and I can't get it out of my head
- I saw a black man at the grove
- There is at least one woman in the game
- Gay gnomes
- The game has too many cosmetic customisation options

Meanwhile Larian's unacceptable bottom-of-the-barrel low-effort third act remains chiefly unassailed in the RPGCodex's most populous thread for discussing the game
You missed "Combat on Tactician is easier than KOTC2". :lol:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Normal people starts with frienship first, not sexual relationship.
The lead writer's explanation for that, because it was raised, was that none of you are "normal" people. You are adventurers, you live danger, tadpoles are in your brain, you don't know if you'll wake up tomorrow. Neither you nor your companions have much time for courtship.

It makes sense in a way, though it'd be fully possible to have the opposite effect, i.e. the stress and feeling of imminent danger to suppress sexual desire completely, esp for a woman I think that's more realistic.

I think the issue is approval rises too fast, even without relationship aspect some of the companions reactions at high approval sounds like things people you have known for a while would say, even though it might have just been 4 days and you have only left Druid's Grove.

alcoholyte

Novice

Avoid talking with Isobel, that's what triggers it. But the problem is there's only so much you can explore without talking with her, so at some point you'll be forced to do it.

You can get protection against the curse a few other ways, talking with Isobel doesn't seem to be mandatory. I've cleared out Reithiwin without talking to her.

Speaking of Act 2, the itemization in this game is really bugging me. I've finished Act 1 with an inventory filled with items with colored borders - I think i must have 40 or 50 magical items between gloves, amulets, rings, boots and weapons - and most of them just grant you an extra spell when equipped. It feels very jarring, first the amount of magical items you're showered with seems completely inappropriate for low level DnD, then you realize they're not that interesting to begin with. I got bored of exploring in Act 1 because the rewards felt pointless, and Act 2 hasn't been much better so far.

Also, those borders are ugly and pointless too, why is there a rarity indicator in this game if rarity isn't a mechanic? Feels like Larian removed the random loot but just copypasted itemization from DOS1 and 2, it cheapens the whole experience. I feel like finding even a +1 weapon in those old timey DnD games was an amazing thing...but i'm not sure if it's Larian or 5e to blame here.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
WTF I fully prepared my party for a chain of difficult combat encounters before going to the Hell, but it turned out I did not fight there at all and instead
got raped and literally fucked my brains out, game over

Still shocked.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can you make custom companions in this game if the stock NPC's gayness is too much to bear?
You can get hirelings, but tbh there isn't that much gayness if you don't push for it. haven't had any issue to guess which dialogue option is the romance one (pro-tip: it's always the first one, duh).

People who complain in this thread that they had gay sex in the game deliberately clicked to do so. They are just ashamed and make excuses, trying to convince themselves that the game forced it on them hence spamming here all the time.

Yes, the game allows you to have sex since barely meeting an NPC, but you have to choose a clear option to do so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom