Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Parabalus

Arcane
I'm 45 hours into the game, still Act 1, and so far the only "woke" instances have been the character creation and the companions, which have really sparce interactions compared to the length and scope of the game. Aside from their playersexualism, which is arguably bad, my main qualm with them is that they are simply badly written, for the most part. My favorite one so far is fucking Lae'zel, who I left in the cage at the start and only recruited 30 hours later.

Unless horniness skyrockets later on, I really don't understand where all this talk comes from aside from the retarded need to engage in culture wars. The fact the companions are trash is obviously a disgrace and rightfully hampers the enjoyment of the game, but the whole writing in this game seems subpar so far, unfortunately. I hope it gets better later on.
The tiefling-druid storyline is definitely woke. Kagha is the bad guy for wanting to protect her people and place their needs above the refugees, even being manipulated by bad shadow druids.
The shadow druid staff was unrelated to the rapefugees though.
No it's not. If you go down that part of the quest it's implied those shadow druids are influencing kagha to be "evil" and shut off the grove
They started influencing her before the rapefugees were even in the picture.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
I'm 45 hours into the game, still Act 1, and so far the only "woke" instances have been the character creation and the companions, which have really sparce interactions compared to the length and scope of the game. Aside from their playersexualism, which is arguably bad, my main qualm with them is that they are simply badly written, for the most part. My favorite one so far is fucking Lae'zel, who I left in the cage at the start and only recruited 30 hours later.

Unless horniness skyrockets later on, I really don't understand where all this talk comes from aside from the retarded need to engage in culture wars. The fact the companions are trash is obviously a disgrace and rightfully hampers the enjoyment of the game, but the whole writing in this game seems subpar so far, unfortunately. I hope it gets better later on.
The tiefling-druid storyline is definitely woke. Kagha is the bad guy for wanting to protect her people and place their needs above the refugees, even being manipulated by bad shadow druids.
The shadow druid staff was unrelated to the rapefugees though.
No it's not. If you go down that part of the quest it's implied those shadow druids are influencing kagha to be "evil" and shut off the grove
They started influencing her before the rapefugees were even in the picture.
Yeah but the reason she wants to cut off the grove is because they're making her evil. Not sure what you're arguing

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What is not true?
... she already propositioned to me and told me she's gonna bang me as soon as we got to a quite place ...
That didn't happen, you are just too unsocialized to understand what is being said and you draw incorrect conclusions from basic statements.

If this was ANY other game i woudn't have assumed she meant let's go fuck but i remind you this is the game where agreeing to see some magic tricks leads to straight up gay sex so exscuse me if i assumed the worst.

Even as a light romantic encounter the prompt still feels WAY too early, not the least because i did NOTHING to get this reaction, all i did is ask questions about her hand and Shar and all that other shit, then suddenly that option appeared out of nowhere before i even closed the dialog screen.

VerSacrum

Educated
BALDUR'S GATE 3 CRITICISMS:
- A man came on to me and it made me feel funny and I can't get it out of my head
- I saw a black man at the grove
- There is at least one woman in the game
- Gay gnomes
- The game has too many cosmetic customisation options

Meanwhile Larian's unacceptable bottom-of-the-barrel low-effort third act remains chiefly unassailed in the RPGCodex's most populous thread for discussing the game
Nobody cares about fags being in RPG's and possibly making a pass at the PC (completely fits Astarion etc.), but every single male party member, and turning down their advances also excluding any sort of "bromance/camraderie" path is retarded and lazy. I have yet to see criticism of the druid grove and the three or so blacks there aren't nearly as grating as all the Laquisha Flaming Fists later on. But the game having too many cosmetic customisation options? Had to hop on nexus to enable the non-granny-looking faces so I could make a decent looking female PC, and there is hardly any body type customisation beyond being able to give your dude a vagina, it's really not a strength of this game.

Not even going to touch on the rest of your strawman shit and the game filtered me long before starting act 3, so I'm going to take your word for it. Also thought that the game is decidedly too easy even on the third setting, and I'm hardly a minmaxer.
Do you feel at home with the trannies on r/gamingcirclejerk, btw? Your post reeks of their meme format.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
this is the game where agreeing to see some magic tricks leads to straight up gay sex so exscuse me if i assumed the worst
Hey babe why don't you polish my wizard staff.... heh.... i can turn it from flesh to stone.... ehhehe..... why don't you let me cast sticky mess all over your belly heheheheheheheh OH MY GOD DID YOU MEAN SEX

Shaki

Arbiter
tHkNyVb.png

mastroego

Arcane
So, the second gnoll fight was brutal.
Took like 4 attempts, and EVEN controlling the boss I ended up with 3 downed characters, and only Astarion with 4 HP.
Had he missed his last 55% hit roll, it would have been over once again.

Perhaps it was meant for level 5+. I was at 4.
I also suspect that by entering the cave from the other entrance I could have had the caravan survivors' help.
Anyway, it's done.

So far I don't dislike Astarion and Froggy, I have to say. Shadowheart is mostly meh. So far.
I'm sure avoiding Wyll and Gale entirely was for the better.
It did force me to go the mage route myself, though.

Hagashager

Educated
Funny if you visit Larian forum, people shit there on BG III more than codex
Says a lot about modern Codex.
Gettin' soft in our old age. Oh how the crumble cookies.

Having given BG III a good few hours now I find myself impressed with the mechanics. I've not done much with dialogue yet, but you definitely can mess with the world. I appreciate that most, if not all 5e actions are available.

Currently running with Shadowbeart, Asterion and Lea'zel, with me as Wizard. Of the three Lae'zel is the least seemingly wounded emotionally.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Well, looking at the Larian forums with more people reaching the end is confirming what was already suspected: The honeymoon phase is over, entering the "This game would be great, if"-phase.

People are pointing out all the cut content, even stuff that was advertised just one month prior to release like

- fully explorable upper city

- using tadpole powers (or not) having consequences.

- Halsins quest being cut to much shorter version of it.

- The end seems to be rushed or bugged, there is a whole datamined epilogue in the files that is not present at the end of the game.

- Minthara being bugged pretty much confirmed by now.

- Plot thickens of last minute rewrites of the story, turning it from somewhat more consequential to a more heroic and streamlined experience. This last minute rewrites clash with remaining story elements still being in the game.

- Like it or not, everyone is complaining about the ending of game's favorite companion, Karlach.

- Companions becoming braindead dolls after you sexed them/resolved their questline.

And so on and so on. Larian promised al lot of tweaks in Patch 2 and also addressing some of the most voiced complaints, but I wouldn't hold my breath of major chunks of this game being restored so early. We're probably just talking about
options to appease the costumefags like being able to change optics of your character mid game or transmogs.

Shaki

Arbiter
Even reddit is turning on the game, yesterday it was thousand of redditors crying about endings, act 3 and cut content, today they cry about evil playthrough being half baked and unfinished:

The more people play, the more they realize the game is excellent at giving you the illusion of choice and freedom, but when starting another playthrough you very quickly realize it was all a lie and there is only one, very linear path through everything, and only thing that that can change is that you can lock yourself out of some content by making some choices, but you'll never get different content in exchange. After doing one good playthrough, you saw everything the game has to offer, there is no point in replaying it. No different than any high budget AAA before it, reactivity/C&C revolution was a total lie.

Only Codex larianiggers are fanatically defending the game and still pretending it's absolutely perfect.

Yeah, in other words it's in fact a videogame with a limited amount of content available, rather than a a parallel reality.

There are problems with the game, especially in its third act, and on a personal level I can't really say anything about the ending since I'm not really playing much and progressing into the game in the last few days, but these "muh evil path" complaints have been a thing for three years and they almost never stop sounding stupid and detached from reality.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Even reddit is turning on the game, yesterday it was thousand of redditors crying about endings, act 3 and cut content, today they cry about evil playthrough being half baked and unfinished:

The more people play, the more they realize the game is excellent at giving you the illusion of choice and freedom, but when starting another playthrough you very quickly realize it was all a lie and there is only one, very linear path through everything, and only thing that that can change is that you can lock yourself out of some content by making some choices, but you'll never get different content in exchange. After doing one good playthrough, you saw everything the game has to offer, there is no point in replaying it. No different than any high budget AAA before it, reactivity/C&C revolution was a total lie.

Only Codex larianiggers are fanatically defending the game and still pretending it's absolutely perfect.

another mongoloid "nooooooooooooo! you lose karlach if you many ebul! noooooooooooooooo! i want to fuck halforc sorceror! oh, you lose shadowheart if you no ebul. well, who cares"

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The article below is why decline will never cease. Something calling itself "Gita Jackson" which looks to be a female half Indian half nig-nog and is a 'game journo' has decreed that the D&D tabletop system is too hard and has way too many calculations, and RNG dice rolls so is really holding back what could have been just a nice easy fun faggotry simulator with some ahh-mazing romances and light hearted gameplay with absolutely no risk of failure.

This is the modern gay-mer distilled into its most pure form & essence. A millennial / zoomer slurry of mud-raced genetics with no idea about the past or why it matters. Everything should be as easy as possible at all times and any thinking, strategy or undue hardship should be avoided at all costs.

Decline Incarnate

Capture2.JPG

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I logged back in codex to complain about this game but then retarded chudcels are crying about gays and niggers so I am forced to defend it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Same happened to Non-Edgy Gamer he came here to complain and turned out to be (mostly) a voice of reason. Lesson learned, there are always people more insane than you

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
There are problems with the game, especially in its third act, and on a personal level I can't really say anything about the ending since I'm not really playing much and progressing into the game in the last few days, but these "muh evil path" complaints have been a thing for three years and they almost never stop sounding stupid and detached from reality.
Not really.

Evil path being full of trap choices and no payoff is legitimate complaint. It's not choice and consequence if the consequence for half of the choices is cucking yourself for no reason.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
After the data-mining info about the cut content came out I realized that Swen is just like the Emperor. Lying to us all the time in the guise of someone who is pretending to save us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom