Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Lemming42

Arcane
BALDUR'S GATE 3 CRITICISMS:
- A man came on to me and it made me feel funny and I can't get it out of my head
- I saw a black man at the grove
- There is at least one woman in the game
- Gay gnomes
- The game has too many cosmetic customisation options

Meanwhile Larian's unacceptable bottom-of-the-barrel low-effort third act remains chiefly unassailed in the RPGCodex's most populous thread for discussing the game

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Asian paladin is retarded but you do you lol. It's literally a knight in shining armor pulled from European history and folklore. Nice cultural appropriation there
D&D and BG3 have a class called Monk, which is literally an east asian kung fu guy. The settings has always had sabers and katanas and other asian shit. Throwing stars even.
You either are unfamiliar with the source material, or are selectively remembering it to defend yourself from the ego death of resolving cognitive dissonance.
There a little bit of Asian influence in there but that doesn't change what I said about Asian paladins being retarded?

What is the nigger class? A class who throws wooden spears and never invented metal working?

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
- A man came on to me and it made me feel funny and I can't get it out of my head
- Gay gnomes

Meanwhile Larian's unacceptable bottom-of-the-barrel low-effort third act remains chiefly unassailed in the RPGCodex's most populous thread for discussing the game

More like the party and romance system overall is complete shit. That's a pretty big aspect of the game.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Asian paladin is retarded but you do you lol. It's literally a knight in shining armor pulled from European history and folklore. Nice cultural appropriation there
D&D and BG3 have a class called Monk, which is literally an east asian kung fu guy. The settings has always had sabers and katanas and other asian shit. Throwing stars even.
You either are unfamiliar with the source material, or are selectively remembering it to defend yourself from the ego death of resolving cognitive dissonance.
There a little bit of Asian influence in there but that doesn't change what I said about Asian paladins being retarded?

What is the nigger class?
https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Thief

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Let us discuss.

I think the ending sequence(everything after getting to the morphic pool) is an absolute disaster and a combination of a rugpull and a spit in the face.

But imo the issues with Act 3 itself are the opposite of low effort, imo the quest structure with multiple different clues and routes blending together and leading to the main quest reveals(Tribunal, Iron Throne, etc.) is actually a quite ambitious structure and the problems are with buggyness and the narratives collapsing due to it.

Also performance issues and hitting act 3 at level cap are not great, but the encounters and set pieces in act 3 are genuinely good for the most part imo. Like you have the House of Hope which is one of the best things in the entire game.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
- Gay gnomes

Most people haven't finished Act 3, it's a 100h+ game that's only been out for 2 weeks

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lol.

Wait, hold on, the game is serious, let me laught even harder lmao.

So earlier i mentioned that Shadowpussy has revelared she is a worshipper of Shar, but i saved before getting into it as i had to leave.

So i went through the full conversation, and she already propositioned to me and told me she's gonna bang me as soon as we got to a quite place.

I mean shit fuck man. I'm using that mod that reduces approval rating somebody posted here before and i was expecting to get to this point by act 3 or something, but nope. It's already happened.

I'm afraid to go talk to Gale now. I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong here, like, maybe it's a bug or something? I can't believe how quickly it happened. This is literally the second time i had a conversation with her.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Lol.

So earlier i mentioned that Shadowpussy has revelared she is a worshipper of Shar, but i saved before getting into it as i had to leave.

So i went through the full conversation, and she already propositioned to me and told me she's gonna bang me as soon as we got to a quite place.

I mean shit fuck man. I'm using that mod that reduces approval rating somebody posted here before and i was expecting to get to this point by act 3 or something, but nope. It's already happened.

I'm afraid to go talk to Gale now. I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong here, like, maybe it's a bug or something? I can't believe how quickly it happened. This is literally the second time i had a conversation with her.
I mean, that just how life works for attractive people. You did make an attractive character, right?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol.

All you will get is a smooch.
She's the only one who doesn't instantly show you the cooch.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

This is just not true and anyone who played the game knows as much.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Lol.

I mean its realistic for an attractive female to be alot more difficult to have sex with than a fag. Fags fuck anything right away. That's why the typical fag will have well over 100 partners. So at least larian went for realism there

Reinhardt

Arcane
Any "person" that still hasn't finished a 100h+ game 2 weeks after release needs to stop posting on a video game forum.
didn't even finished act 1. boring game. combat and exploration is ok, but everytime someone starts talking... i hope incoming japanese version will be voiced so at least i will be able to have some fun without clawing my ears from sheer retardation of dialogues.

Ryzer

Arcane
Baldur's gate 3, the game where you play as Alain Delon, hence why everyone tries to sleep with your character.
Me think this game is an incel fantasy dream where you play as chad coming to life.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Lol.

I mean its realistic for an attractive female to be alot more difficult to have sex with than a fag. Fags fuck anything right away. That's why the typical fag will have well over 100 partners. So at least larian went for realism there
implying modern attractive female have less partners than a fag.
:hahyou:

Shaki

Arbiter
Lol.

She's just a trap the fag writers set up for straight males. She acts all shy and virginal, then after you invested 60 hours into the "romance" you learn she fucked a tranny, she wants to fuck a bear and she's into group sex and all kinds of degeneracy.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Not giving you a dialogue option to Dark Urge that irritating Hollyphant detective in Act 3 into pieces is a missed opportunity

Parabalus

Arcane
I'm 45 hours into the game, still Act 1, and so far the only "woke" instances have been the character creation and the companions, which have really sparce interactions compared to the length and scope of the game. Aside from their playersexualism, which is arguably bad, my main qualm with them is that they are simply badly written, for the most part. My favorite one so far is fucking Lae'zel, who I left in the cage at the start and only recruited 30 hours later.

Unless horniness skyrockets later on, I really don't understand where all this talk comes from aside from the retarded need to engage in culture wars. The fact the companions are trash is obviously a disgrace and rightfully hampers the enjoyment of the game, but the whole writing in this game seems subpar so far, unfortunately. I hope it gets better later on.
The tiefling-druid storyline is definitely woke. Kagha is the bad guy for wanting to protect her people and place their needs above the refugees, even being manipulated by bad shadow druids.
The shadow druid staff was unrelated to the rapefugees though.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

This is just not true and anyone who played the game knows as much.

What is not true?

I can show you screen shots if you want, i still have the saves.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Lol.

She's just a trap the fag writers set up for straight males. She acts all shy and virginal, then after you invested 60 hours into the "romance" you learn she fucked a tranny, she wants to fuck a bear and she's into group sex and all kinds of degeneracy.
Also kind of realistic than the girl that at first appears to have some morals is pretty degenerate.

Minthara is my preferred romance anyway but not enough content

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
I'm 45 hours into the game, still Act 1, and so far the only "woke" instances have been the character creation and the companions, which have really sparce interactions compared to the length and scope of the game. Aside from their playersexualism, which is arguably bad, my main qualm with them is that they are simply badly written, for the most part. My favorite one so far is fucking Lae'zel, who I left in the cage at the start and only recruited 30 hours later.

Unless horniness skyrockets later on, I really don't understand where all this talk comes from aside from the retarded need to engage in culture wars. The fact the companions are trash is obviously a disgrace and rightfully hampers the enjoyment of the game, but the whole writing in this game seems subpar so far, unfortunately. I hope it gets better later on.
The tiefling-druid storyline is definitely woke. Kagha is the bad guy for wanting to protect her people and place their needs above the refugees, even being manipulated by bad shadow druids.
The shadow druid staff was unrelated to the rapefugees though.
No it's not. If you go down that part of the quest it's implied those shadow druids are influencing kagha to be "evil" and shut off the grove

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
What is not true?
... she already propositioned to me and told me she's gonna bang me as soon as we got to a quite place ...
That didn't happen, you are just too unsocialized to understand what is being said and you draw incorrect conclusions from basic statements.
Unless you have whore mods on, which honestly wouldn't surprise me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom