Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Black

Arcane
I think you don't get to do critical hits anymore if you get artificial eye.
That was the case in EA, not any more. Just free Detect Invisibility.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I am unreasonably happy to have Minsc (Ranger/Berserker) and Jaheira (Vengeance Pally+Land Druid) in my party. I mean, sure, Larian hooking into memberberries and all that, but it works :)

The bit where you have to choose between the Zhentarim and the Guild was quite cool. I was rather sad to have to kill Roah Moonglow, my Zhentarim buddy who I'd met several times, first at the Zhent base, and later at Moonrise Towers. She was a spunky and sensible lass and one of the A-tier voice actresses in the game, even though just a minor character.

But since I'm now guided by Minsc and Boo in my moral decision making, sadly, she had to go :)

[Side note: there's a bard performing at the base mentioned above. My character fancies himself a musician but he's actually got terrible performance skills. He pulled out his lute and started twanging along enthusiastically, but the bard and onlookers weren't having any of it - one threatened to cut me if I didn't stop, another said, "You sound like the runs feels," another said, "you should practice more, elsewhere" and the bard said "Can you please be quiet?" Nice bit of reactivity.]

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
In EA there was this one goblin priestess that offered to mark with you the brand of her new god. It let you influence other marked characters and certain items were only fully functional if the wearer had the mark.
Obviously most people didn't get the brand because carrying the mark of the beast surely would have some consequences down the line. It didn't in EA but it was only act 1 and early in development.
So I just went searching what are the negative consequences in the whole game for getting a magical goblin tramp stamp.
It's nothing.
Nothing bad happens.
Same with putting more tadpoles into your brain because a nice illithid asked you to.

It feels like they planned consequences initially and then abandoned the idea altogether after testing.
Frankly it feels like they write one story, then they remade the game with another story in the middle of development. That's why it's unfinished in some areas...
It does. You can drill holes in your brain with countless alien worms and nothing bad happens.
Despite the game shouting urgency at you, at least in the beginning, nothing happens if you spam long rest, it's just more tedious and slower than in IE games or NWNs.
And if you let Volo, the famous schizo, poke your eye out? You get free permanent Detect Invisibility.

But god forbid you don't simp for tieflings.

Swen keeps saying that nothing was cut but he's a lying fuck.
At least we got funny scene when Volo lost his nerves and replaced sterile tool by a mining tool.

The question is why were these tieflings even allowed into the grove. Druid grove is serious mater, and random town near coast might work as well, if locals would allow immigrants. (Which they shouldn't.) Then again perhaps they would want to sell them to pirate slave traders, or to druagar. You know these coastal towns and their councilors.

Frankly it nearly looks like Larian got Merkel's "refugees good" brain bug. When Larian started to develop BG3? Was it during the pro-refugee German propaganda era or after?

Merkeltards think they can replace/supplement native pop with “refugees” who they often idolize as better than their own neighbors and children, who they depict as callous raycists.

Tieflings are actual refugees, were never staying in the Grove for good, and are also largely unemployed and their kids are delinquent criminals.

When you have to work this hard for your outrage maybe ask yourself why.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That was the case in EA, not any more. Just free Detect Invisibility.
Also you can't get debuf from Hag because she says. She needs only people who have two eyes.

Well, it kinda allows interesting single character playthroughs on tactician difficulty.

MerchantKing

Learned
At this point western RPG parties are getting more weird than JRPG ones...What's going on with these games?
You can blame the lasting influence of the Codex's #1 Game of All Time.

morte.jpg
dakkon.jpg
annah.jpg
fall-from-grace.jpg
ignus.jpg
nordom.jpg
vhailor.jpg
PS:T was a mistake. Avellone was off his rocker when he actively tried to emulated JRPGs.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The existence of Smite/Prot Evil/Good *is* a good example of the subversion people are decrying.

But it’s also pretty Belgian, so hard for Larian to resist I’d imagine.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Wait they are from that brainwashed country called Belgium. I can imagine when it's a CAPITAL of europe, it's hard for them to think as a normal country, and considering how many economic locust moved into Belgium they are likely encountering WEIRD people who are pretending that they are living as honest normal people...

Are Larian developers even able to create a normal cheerful heroic story full of noble people acting on noble principles fighting against evil goblin hordes that want to replace them and enslave them, and where victory is literally difference between theirs live and death?

Rhobar121

Scholar
I don't know if you are seriously that retarded or just pretending, but there is no such thing as smite evil in 5e. Additional damage only affects undead and fiends, which does not include tieflings.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
So the excution scene in moonrise tower is also changed. In the chinese localization the subtitles show the goblins recognize you as someone they met in the forge(their dialogues are not the same as the subtitles). But there was no goblin in the forge area, whether in EA or released version.

I just wonder how many cool ideas was cut out because of whatever the fuck reason they come up with. Currently the story is extremely underwhelming once you get to the city. Lots of interesting things from the EA was cut out completely and replaced with the most boring and generic stuff.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
In EA there was this one goblin priestess that offered to mark with you the brand of her new god. It let you influence other marked characters and certain items were only fully functional if the wearer had the mark.
Obviously most people didn't get the brand because carrying the mark of the beast surely would have some consequences down the line. It didn't in EA but it was only act 1 and early in development.
So I just went searching what are the negative consequences in the whole game for getting a magical goblin tramp stamp.
It's nothing.
Nothing bad happens.
Same with putting more tadpoles into your brain because a nice illithid asked you to.

It feels like they planned consequences initially and then abandoned the idea altogether after testing.
It's the same as 2077, they mentions there will be consequences in the marketing but cut it in the game.

Except since everybody shit on that game cdpr have to add the consequence back to save the reputation of their company.

However in BG 3 everyone is busy praising the game Larian won't do jack shit.

0wca

Learned

janior

Arcane
Patron
At this point western RPG parties are getting more weird than JRPG ones...What's going on with these games?
You can blame the lasting influence of the Codex's #1 Game of All Time.

morte.jpg
dakkon.jpg
annah.jpg
fall-from-grace.jpg
ignus.jpg
nordom.jpg
vhailor.jpg
PS:T was a mistake. Avellone was off his rocker when he actively tried to emulated JRPGs.
You're off your rocker if you think this cringy shit has any resemblence to PS:T.
true, the combat in torment is much worse :)

scytheavatar

Scholar
Wait they are from that brainwashed country called Belgium. I can imagine when it's a CAPITAL of europe, it's hard for them to think as a normal country, and considering how many economic locust moved into Belgium they are likely encountering WEIRD people who are pretending that they are living as honest normal people...

Are Larian developers even able to create a normal cheerful heroic story full of noble people acting on noble principles fighting against evil goblin hordes that want to replace them and enslave them, and where victory is literally difference between theirs live and death?

Most of the writing is done by the Dublin studio AFAIK with some done in the Guildford studio. So blame UK and Ireland, not Belgium for the writing.

volklore

Arcane

Most of the writing is done by the Dublin studio AFAIK with some done in the Guildford studio. So blame UK and Ireland, not Belgium for the writing.
The writing does reek of anglo.

volklore

Arcane
It's nothing.
Nothing bad happens.

Frankly it feels like they write one story, then they remade the game with another story in the middle of development. That's why it's unfinished in some areas...
It does. You can drill holes in your brain with countless alien worms and nothing bad happens.
Despite the game shouting urgency at you, at least in the beginning, nothing happens if you spam long rest, it's just more tedious and slower than in IE games or NWNs.
And if you let Volo, the famous schizo, poke your eye out? You get free permanent Detect Invisibility.

But god forbid you don't simp for tieflings.

Swen keeps saying that nothing was cut but he's a lying fuck.
At least we got funny scene when Volo lost his nerves and replaced sterile tool by a mining tool.

The question is why were these tieflings even allowed into the grove. Druid grove is serious mater, and random town near coast might work as well, if locals would allow immigrants. (Which they shouldn't.) Then again perhaps they would want to sell them to pirate slave traders, or to druagar. You know these coastal towns and their councilors.

Frankly it nearly looks like Larian got Merkel's "refugees good" brain bug. When Larian started to develop BG3? Was it during the pro-refugee German propaganda era or after?

Merkeltards think they can replace/supplement native pop with “refugees” who they often idolize as better than their own neighbors and children, who they depict as callous raycists.

Tieflings are actual refugees, were never staying in the Grove for good, and are also largely unemployed and their kids are delinquent criminals.

When you have to work this hard for your outrage maybe ask yourself why.
The refugee theme doesn't stop there. There is a whole area in act3 themed after it and the writing is way worse there.

Aarwolf

Learned

The writing does reek of anglo.

Iirc there is only one name that sounds flemish in a writing team, the rest was english.

Reinhardt

Arcane
"Romances" are front and center because of Journo appeal. It's not a mistake.
and codex appeal. just read any thread in this subforum. "squeeeeeeeeeeee! shadowheart!" "squeeeeeeeeeeeeee! argenta!" "squeeeeeeeeeee! whateverthatniggerbitchincyperpunkwas!"

abija

Prophet
Let's not kid ourselves, it's probably the only reason the player count and reviews on steam are that high.

Rhobar121

Scholar
If anyone really thinks that developers are wasting their time trying to make a bunch of retarded journalists happy, they are close to overdosing on copium.
People who delude themselves that things like "romance" don't sell have probably been living under a rock their whole lives.

volklore

Arcane
If anyone really thinks that developers are wasting their time trying to make a bunch of retarded journalists happy, they are close to overdosing on copium.
People who delude themselves that things like "romance" don't sell have probably been living under a rock their whole lives.
Idk man the journos felating the game does help the hype mounting, making streamers an ethots play it i.e. getting a good launch out. Making sure the journo demographic priors are filled seem like a sound marketting strategy.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom