Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
OcdRoTP.png

From a studio begging for money and almost out of business to king of rpg's in 10 years.
Expansions basically confirmed, they are gonna milk this mommy
Really hope we see DLC. Btw also heard we're going to get some free "dlc" soon too

Rhobar121

Scholar
Good luck for the ones playing tactician and are in ACT 2, difficulty bump.
Can't wait, did they stop placing a chasm next to every fight so I can't kill 90% of the enemies with one spell like in A1?
Wait, didn't you shit on the game all the time before it was released and after? Why are you playing it?
Codex is the only place where people can complete a game they hate 7 times and say it was crap at the end.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i am enjoying the game so far but jesus, an AAA game with no UI scaling in the year of our lord 2023. i had to play in 1080p (playing on 55 inch TV on the couch since it's just better for my back) so the menu to be readable.

and say what you want about the style of solasta's Ui, that game has more polished UI than BG3, the same with the wrathfinder: kingmaker for their brilliant level up screen and progression sheet.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i am enjoying the game so far but jesus, an AAA game with no UI scaling in the year of our lord 2023. i had to play in 1080p (playing on 55 inch TV on the couch since it's just better for my back) so the menu to be readable.

and say what you want about the style of solasta's Ui, that game has more polished UI than BG3, the same with the wrathfinder: kingmaker for their brilliant level up screen and progression sheet.
Yeah, wanted to play in 4k on my TV from the couch but text is unreadable. Had to go to full hd and sit in the armchair closer to the tv. Odd how much they invested in graphics and yet such an obvious basic functionality is missing

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Gale is fast becoming a bro. Unlike most RPG characters who pose a risk to the party he completely expects you to kick him to the other side of Faerun and reacts with true gratefulness and respect if you keep him, pledging to do whatever he can to live up to the trust. He fully realizes that he's the burden and the responsibility is his, making him a rare adult in a genre of teenage angst. Despite his smarmy nature he doesn't play it off for laughs or anything of the sort. Could be this game's Broche (if obviously less well written)

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Is your guys' character sheet bugged? I haven't been able to open mine since I changed the hotkey.
The game doesn't respect your keyboard language. for instance I have the english version of the game but my keyboard is german. The jump key is Z in the settings but I have to press Y, because that's where the Z key is on an english keyboard. Kinda lame for a triple A game.
Maybe you have something similar.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Still at the EA content but I'm having a blast. The only thing that's honestly bothering me is how some conversation could be made into a text blob instead of a small cutscene.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe those evil Githyankis were not so trustworthy afterall.

This is really good actually.

Shaki

Arbiter
Can't wait, did they stop placing a chasm next to every fight so I can't kill 90% of the enemies with one spell like in A1?
Wait, didn't you shit on the game all the time before it was released and after? Why are you playing it?
I was always saying I'm going to play it and probably even like some things. Won't stop me from shitting on all the bad parts. Same way I shit on WotR for being woke, having shit combat and writing, but I still really enjoyed the buildfaggotry, played it a lot and will probably play it again once all DLCs are released. Seething and refusing to play 99% of modern games is retarded, even if they're genuinely shit, at some point any new experience feels better than replaying Arcanum for the 30th time in my life.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
While WoTR has one of the most beautiful and functional UI's, Solasta has a digusting, barebones and barren UI. This falls somewhere in the middle.

By the way, you can increase various font-sizes in the options, have you tried that?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Hate-playing is the new fanboy-ism

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom