Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Reinhardt

Arcane

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
the fact that this game has benis model selection at chargen is incredible in ways more than one

and people wonder why i dont play modern games
You can hide all that shit by disabling it in options.

And it's one of the first options you can choose at the start of the game lol - I think roundabout when you do your gamma setting.

Larian know what they're doing - they're trying for the widest possible audience plus the biggest scandal/publicity splash they can make (e.g. bear secs). They know there will be people like many of us here who enjoy the combat and exploration well enough, and some of the others here who hate the companions' guts so much that they're just going to slit their throats as soon as they speak. And people who hate the nudity so much (or have kids around maybe) that they'll switch it off.

They know, and they're catering to everyone. That's what lowest common denominator means - just about everyone will find some point of contact with the game, even if it's not their favourite peak gameplay.

The game "satisfices."
Indeed.

Retards here need to understand CPRG devs can't only focus on the sperging, anti woke, incel, autistic rpg codex audience to make money.

Yosharian

Arcane
Paladin players might want to check this out

mathGWF.jpg

That's right, I did the math. GWF is now meta.

And lest you all start sperging out HUR DUR THAT'S JUST LATEGAME STUFF even with a basic magical Greatsword that has a 1D8 damage enchantment on it, GWF will add +2.08 damage which is basically the same as Dueling. When you start adding Smites it gets fucking ridiculous, fast.

Lemming42

Arcane
lol. "Karlach disapproves" of me saying I'll persuade Halsin to talk. Larian not accounting for players lying.
There's a couple times where you get the lost approval back if you later prove you were lying. Gale got pissed at me for promising to help the raid against the grove but then gave me a big approval payload when I ambushed the attackers.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
lol. "Karlach disapproves" of me saying I'll persuade Halsin to talk. Larian not accounting for players lying.
There's a couple times where you get the lost approval back if you later prove you were lying. Gale got pissed at me for promising to help the raid against the grove but then gave me a big approval payload when I ambushed the attackers.

That approval can happen regardless in most instances though.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
so CAN you make custom hirelings or NOT?

You can respec *everything* except race at the respeccer for a pittance. As well, you can make a LAN game, create four characters, and open the save in single player afterwards. Which gives you complete control.
i'm interested in mute custom party members. not respecced speshul snowlakes.

You're inability to read might keep you from getting what you want. I wasn't talking about the companions, I was talking about respeccing the hirelings - and the LAN option should give you exactly what you're looking for (provided it still works).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Paladin players might want to check this out

mathGWF.jpg

That's right, I did the math. GWF is now meta.
Yeah, the guy with the youtube channel "Aestus_RPG" concluded the same in his videos published during the EA some months ago. Honestly, you really don't need minmaxing in this game, unless you play it with some house rules.

Reinhardt

Arcane
so CAN you make custom hirelings or NOT?

You can respec *everything* except race at the respeccer for a pittance. As well, you can make a LAN game, create four characters, and open the save in single player afterwards. Which gives you complete control.
i'm interested in mute custom party members. not respecced speshul snowlakes.

You're inability to read might keep you from getting what you want. I wasn't talking about the companions, I was talking about respeccing the hirelings - and the LAN option should give you exactly what you're looking for (provided it still works).
i understood lan parts. their hirelings is shit tho. everyone is buttfuck ugly i can unerstand, but not a single dorf - dafug is this?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Turning off Windows 10's HDR fixes the issue, but the game looks kinda worse
FC09DF81D22CD2251EAD1A3E6571F7966DDF122A
Something's wrong on your end, I've only been playing without HDR and my graphics are just fine.

I'm on an ancient 1080ti, and Windows 10. My windows is legal though, so it should be relatively up to date.

AwesomeButton

Patron
the fact that this game has benis model selection at chargen is incredible in ways more than one

and people wonder why i dont play modern games
You can hide all that shit by disabling it in options.

And it's one of the first options you can choose at the start of the game lol - I think roundabout when you do your gamma setting.

Larian know what they're doing - they're trying for the widest possible audience plus the biggest scandal/publicity splash they can make (e.g. bear secs). They know there will be people like many of us here who enjoy the combat and exploration well enough, and some of the others here who hate the companions' guts so much that they're just going to slit their throats as soon as they speak. And people who hate the nudity so much (or have kids around maybe) that they'll switch it off.

They know, and they're catering to everyone. That's what lowest common denominator means - just about everyone will find some point of contact with the game, even if it's not their favourite peak gameplay.

The game "satisfices."
Yep, like I said earlier, most of the superifical morality police naysayers have simply fallen for the marketing of the game. It was intended to inflame guys like them and "things" from the other end of the horseshoe.

Rile up the crazies and they do your marketing for you, that must be the contemporary PR mantra.

Perkel

Arcane
God, I hate timed sidequests
I love them, one of the few things that are actually incline about this game. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried to be a little bitch and long rest right in front of an encounter, and it resulted in an allied NPC dying while I was resting. In most games they would just kindly wait for me to finish sleeping. Between this and tactician difficulty making me use a lot of resources in most fights, I often get in situations where I have a real dilemma, either have to rest and risk quest outcomes changing, or I have to push through with low health/resources. I like it, feels intense.

It also seems Larian generally provided content even for "bad" outcomes, so if things don't go the way I wanted, I find myself still rolling with whatever happens, rather than reloading.

Even better is that if you play on highest def then some things are just impossible to do. Like when i was speaking to drow in goblin fort and I had choice to attack her but i knew if I attack her i am pretty much dead man walking as it was middle of goblin fort and those fuckers don't play around.
Normal it would be just any other choice because i could easily murder all gobbos and clean whole thing completely.

I thought 4 man squad was limiting but this makes it even more interesting for cases like that.
At some point you are forced to roleplay instead of powergame.

It made much easier choice to side with drow because you know they have advantage and if you want to go against them you have harder path not easier.

Which leads to evil vs good dichotomy where usually good path rewarded you more than evil path where evil usually is just path of least resistance and easy riches at cost of morals or someone else.

I just like how everything plays with each other this way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom