Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Windows 10. My windows is legal though
Are you from the Middle East? :M

I think it might just be because of my screen perhaps, I'm too much of a boomer to understand modern technology, I mean it's the first non-CRT "tv" I ever had, not sure if there are any differences to monitors and it's also the first HDR screen I have. Anyway, it's not such a big deal, I just won't make screenshots much.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also, I think I weirded my wife out, taking clothes off Shadowheart to make pictures and sharing them here :M but it's all to fix HDR, obviously!

Perkel

Arcane
Because i fucking hated that vampire sucker i decided to reroll my character from start. This time instead of standard high STR high CON fighter went with DEX CHA fighter with stealth and sleigh of hand with focus on archery for that +2.

Dex because i noticed that archery is very very important for taking out those mages etc. and CHA because there are shitload of checks everywhere and persuation is used pretty much everywhere. As a bonus stealth/traps/pickpocketing because i don't want to deal with that vampire asshole.

Overall so far i am super happy. I use finesse weapons so I have little less damage up close but i balance it out with my heavy crossbow before someone even gets to me and if I get surrounded i can switch to halbard with its cleave ability. Moreover with finesse weapons and flanking i have stealth attack as well so damage wise it is preatty great.
Another thing i noticed is that pickpocketing and stealing is really really really great.

Also i noticed that if you switch weapon you get its full abilities without resting as long as it is different type.... It is worth as fighter to have arsenal of weapons in pouch. Especially since all weapons types have different skills. Hammers especially have maim ability which stops anyone from moving for 2 turns which is fantastic.

Perkel

Arcane
How to fix broken HDR in screenshots? :negative:

B443A6763CAC11B1C93D5FF6017D8EE3656BC1DF

9E8733558715D70726CA26DEC93DACA62DA66013

I think steam screenshot converts hdr into sdr screenshot or you can use nvidia screenshot maker IT is mostly problem with png/jpg as they were never intended to store dual metadata. There is separate .something that stores hdr pictures. C77 uses it for its hdr screenshots as well as nvidia screenshot maker

Shaki

Arbiter
God, I hate timed sidequests
I love them, one of the few things that are actually incline about this game. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried to be a little bitch and long rest right in front of an encounter, and it resulted in an allied NPC dying while I was resting. In most games they would just kindly wait for me to finish sleeping. Between this and tactician difficulty making me use a lot of resources in most fights, I often get in situations where I have a real dilemma, either have to rest and risk quest outcomes changing, or I have to push through with low health/resources. I like it, feels intense.

It also seems Larian generally provided content even for "bad" outcomes, so if things don't go the way I wanted, I find myself still rolling with whatever happens, rather than reloading.

Even better is that if you play on highest def then some things are just impossible to do. Like when i was speaking to drow in goblin fort and I had choice to attack her but i knew if I attack her i am pretty much dead man walking as it was middle of goblin fort and those fuckers don't play around.

I was in the same situation actually, but then I noticed there is a very conveniently placed chasm right next to the drow and her minions, so everyone but her went flying. So far all the push spells seem to be the most OP, since nearly every dangerous fight seems to have some chasms placed right next to enemies.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Because i fucking hated that vampire sucker i decided to reroll my character from start. This time instead of standard high STR high CON fighter went with DEX CHA fighter with stealth and sleigh of hand with focus on archery for that +2.

Dex because i noticed that archery is very very important for taking out those mages etc. and CHA because there are shitload of checks everywhere and persuation is used pretty much everywhere. As a bonus stealth/traps/pickpocketing because i don't want to deal with that vampire asshole.

Overall so far i am super happy. I use finesse weapons so I have little less damage up close but i balance it out with my heavy crossbow before someone even gets to me and if I get surrounded i can switch to halbard with its cleave ability. Moreover with finesse weapons and flanking i have stealth attack as well so damage wise it is preatty great.
Another thing i noticed is that pickpocketing and stealing is really really really great.

Also i noticed that if you switch weapon you get its full abilities without resting as long as it is different type.... It is worth as fighter to have arsenal of weapons in pouch. Especially since all weapons types have different skills. Hammers especially have maim ability which stops anyone from moving for 2 turns which is fantastic.

I have been thinking about doing something similar, deciding between Fighter or Ranger for a shooty char that can do lockpicking.

Rangers seem really bad unfortunately, compared to a Fighter.

Lemming42

Arcane
The environmental nonsense during combat is really fun. Fighting the slave-hunters in the underdark and lol @ both my party and the enemy party just prancing about trying to shove each other off ledges and into chasms. This is what it's like to be Cleve Blakemore, blessed with the ability to shove opponents into next week. Their team has a necromancer and the dude is absolutely superfluous because this isn't a battle of talents, it's a battle of shoving.

Renfri

Cipher
Chapter 1 question:
how the fuck I get to Ancient Temple in Grymforge? Shadowheart quest called The Chosen of Shar

Shaki

Arbiter

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom